[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

My sister's boyfriend got stung by this in rural Florida. I suspect this is a millipede of some kind, but I've never seen one that looks like this, and I have lived here for 30 years.

Any idea what species this is?
>>
File: Resized_20170112_195415.jpg (1MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20170112_195415.jpg
1MB, 1512x2016px
>>
File: Resized_20170112_195444.jpg (1MB, 1512x2016px) Image search: [Google]
Resized_20170112_195444.jpg
1MB, 1512x2016px
Thanks in advance!
>>
>>2296927
How interesting.
>>
>>2296927
millipedes can't sting or even bite you. your bf is a fucking pussy that gets hurt at the slightest touch. I suggest you find a real man
>>
>>2296927
Yes, it's one of those species that cannot sting/bite or do any harm except for coloring your skin and make it stink.
Tell him he's a pussy and hope your sister finds some guy who doesn't start crying because of a bug.
>>
I'm aware millipedes can't sting, but it's the only guess that makes any sense.
>>
>>2296978
So, getting stung by an animal that can't sting makes sense to you?
>>
>>2296974
>>2296975
>>2296981
Dear braindead samefag, certain milipedes secrete toxin than give you a rash or allergic reaction. What is his sting like? If you hadn't smashed it all up it would be easier to identify.
>>
>>2296985
wrong. millipedes lack the ability to sting.
>>
>>2296985
Not samefagging at all. It's just that what OP wrote is wrong and I'm not the only one to know that.
Refer to my post >>2296975 at which I wrote:
>cannot sting/bite or do any harm except for coloring your skin and make it stink
The latter is the usual result of that devensive secretion.
>>
>>2296986
>>2296996
Millipedes cannot sting, but their defense secretions can burn and blister your skin, which I'm thinking maybe happened to OP's whoever if they brushed against one or something. Some even secrete cyanide dumb dumbs.
>>
>>2296985
well poison has to be ingested and venom has to be injected. since millipedes can't sting, you're saying that he put it in his mouth

>>2297000
yeah and you have to fucking ingest cyanide to get poisoned.
>>
>>2297013
I'm telling you that some millipedes can give you a burn or rash from skin contact. It's a fact. People can have allergic reactions to the kind that are usually benign too. The cyanide producing only harm you if you eat them but I just think it's cool and that you aren't giving millioedes enough credit.

I don't know what kind are native to florida but it could always be something invasive too.
>>
>have small abrasion on skin
>millipede secretions brush up against it
>develop rash that looks suspiciously like bite at point of contact

Hmmm
>>
florida ivory millipede. widespread and abundant.
can't sting, has never stung, will never sting
you and your family and all their boyfriends are total morons
>>
>>2297053
this
your sisters bf is a fucking pussy
>>
>>2296927
Those things are harmless. Poor dude didn't need to be smashed; boyfriend is just a goddamn pussy. They're harmless as shit and do nothing but be cute and slowly crawl about. He would've had to have been dumb enough to pick one up for it to even spit that nasty stuff on him.
>>
File: jRjgaZD.jpg (940KB, 4000x2256px) Image search: [Google]
jRjgaZD.jpg
940KB, 4000x2256px
>>2297053
That looks more like a Narceus gordanus (Florida Scrub Millipede) than a Florida Ivory to me (I breed the latter).

>>2297069
this

I've gotten oozed on by several species of millipedes, and never gotten anything more than a stained patch of skin that peeled off after a few days. What symptoms did your boyfriend get?
>>
File: 1435631359147.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1435631359147.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>2296927
>millipedes
>stinging
>"hurr gotta kill this animal immediately"
why are normies so fucking retarded
>>
OP here. It didn't make much sense to me that it stung either, but it looked unmistakably millipedey to me. I didn't kill it; I was just sent the pics. Not sure the symptoms aside from swelling and I did not get to examine anything in person.
>>
>>2296978
>>2297260
>doesn't know how to reply
>>
>>2297257
I don't know. I wish everyone could be like you, pepe
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.