[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hay in eye

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 20170110_234325.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
20170110_234325.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
Poor little guy was discovered with hay weged under his eye, just now, at 11:30 at night. With a lot of caution and teamwork, I was able to remove it with a pair of tweezers, after careful soaking.

There was blood at the time of removal, and prior to that, there were signs of infection; swelling, redness in the scalera, cloudiness, and some puss.

We will be taking him to the vet tomorow, but aren't sure what to do about the infection/irritation in the meantime. We've tried to very carefully rinse his eye with some water, but that's all, so far. Letting him recover a bit from the stress, as well.

Does anyone have any advice for how we should proceed?
>>
>>2295801

No idea why my phone rotated the picture like that...

Also, it deleted my trip. Ffs.
>>
File: 1484110650570228315290.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
1484110650570228315290.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>2295801
>>2295804

The thicker end was in/under his eye, a little more than half-way.
>>
Other than keeping an eye on it (!) and watching for infection i dont know what else you CAN do. Those things usually just heal with time, much like when you get something caught in your own eye.
>>
Get better soon little pigger.
>>
>>2295801

I feel your pain OP. Same thing happened with our dog. We live in Nevada and have this kind of weed grass that grows around here by a bunch of different names. The seed of the grass is razor fucking sharp and becomes literally embedded under the skin when blown around by the wind. I've had to use tweezers to pull that shit out from open holes between our poor dogs toes before.

We considered ourselves damn lucky that the grass seed was ONLY stuck underneath the eyelid, and had not embedded itself directly into the eyeball.

Keep it clean, rinse it thoroughly with warm water mixed with a teeny tiny pinch of table salt on a regular basis, and your lovely little piggers should make a full recovery.

Best of luck!
>>
Thanks for the thoughts and advice - I appreciate it. Here's hoping he feels better... uh, well it's not tomorrow anymore so much as today... but later today, I guess.

I -hope- it was just under the eye. It sure looked like was, but the poor thing was so scared after the first time I tried to take it out, that it was hard to tell when I removed it on my second go. I'm kind of worried he won't trust me for a while, though I'm more concerned about his health... I guess I'll just have to be the one that gives him treats for a while and hope for the best on that.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.