[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horse General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 326
Thread images: 50

Old thread >>2279224
>>
File: anatomy jump.gif (1B, 486x500px)
anatomy jump.gif
1B, 486x500px
>>
A little quick on the draw there, champ.
>>
>>2296583

Not really. The old thread had maxed out by a couple posts when I made this one, and will be gone within the day (it's at the tailend of page 9 atm).

I should have linked it, but the timing was fine.
>>
>>2296583
>imblyign there's a problem with two horse threads on the board while there are literally dozens for dogs and cats
>>
>>2296803
Horses are big animals [spoiler]4U[/spoiler]. They need less space in threads because they have more mass.
>>
>>2296234
Spooky
>>
What's the point of mares stealing foals? What do they get out of it?
>>
>>2297519
A foal
>>
>>2297582
but the foal dies
>>
>>2297595
speculating here -- killing other females offspring = higher chance of more of your own offspring
>>
>>2297595
i don't think that's a typical outcome
>>
>>2297749
The crazy spinster mare has no milk.

It pains me to think about how scared and confused they are and wondering why I’m not home and why am I in some kind of acid pond that’s hurting my skin? And what if they were looking for its mother?
>>
>>2297801
a hormonal, foal crazy mare may be able to lactate year round, and you're assuming she can steal the foal 24/7, which isn't typical in a herd
>>
>>2297595
what if she steals the foal when it doesn't need to drink milk anymore?
>>
This horse plays a mean duck.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQMTkSdePP0
>>
>>2297595

Not usually. The foal is perfectly aware which mare is its dam and will go to her to feed. The mares might squeal and posture and threaten to kick each other, but horses rarely get into bloody deathmatches, and particularly not mares. The barren mare doesn't have some kind of innate advantage over the mother and will spend most of her time grazing like any other horse, she's not going to be ferociously guarding the foal around the clock and making sure no other horse approaches it and it doesn't approach any other horse either. Her hormones are making her act like a dam, and dams don't routinely isolate and defend their foal from other herd members.
>>
>>2297582
Kek
>>
>>2297813
>tfw no hormonal foal crazy constantly lactating mare
>>
>>2298341
I need this in my life. I want to get a rubber duck for the horse I ride. I want to see pure, unfiltered happiness.
>>
>>2298855
Idk, you might see pure, unfiltered terror instead.
>>
>>2298857
I am aware of that. But might be worth the try, right? Put it in a spot where the horse will see it and let him approach by himself. Curiosity should get the best of him, and might be less likely to spook.
>>
>>2298888
idk, you could go the other way and show him it first. Rub it against him, let him know it's not gonna explode and kill him.
>>
File: horse-yawning.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
horse-yawning.jpg
1B, 486x500px
So what's the point of a horse yawning if it can't breath through its mouth?
>>
File: 1480275020810.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1480275020810.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>
>>2298341

absolutely based
>>
File: 1482015334942.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1482015334942.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2298341

Fuck, he really goes to town on that thing.

If that doesn't show horses love to have fun I don't know what does.
>>
>>2298987
was it really fucking necessary to liquify-shoop the ass of her bigger in this photo?

like, seriously?
>>
>>2299147
Are you sure it was? I can't see it. Maybe because I just woke up.
>>
>>2299147
that ain't even a big booty m8
>>
>>2298341
The racehorses I work with will grab and play with any object they can find.

We've hung bottles from the ceiling in their boxes and come back to find the bottles wrapped around the rafters in the ceiling, or crushed into an unrecognizable pulp. They bash the bottles against metal and scrape them on bricks to make sound. It gets annoying after a few minutes lol.

They'll also grab any tools you are using and fight you to try and hold onto it.
>>
>>2299377
Sounds like they're bored as fuck
>>
>>2299474
Not him but yeah, horses that are worked a lot tend to play with anything they can get their mouth on.

Our horses never work, so all they do is stand around, and occasionally get mildly alarmed.
>>
>>2299665
>>>/trash/
>>
>>2299665

but that's gay you homo.
>>
>>2299474
They really are terribly bored.
>>
Is it bad to give a fresh horse a treat when you first meet them? Will they think you're a bitch slave or is that overthinking it?
>>
>>2300518
It's not that bad and they won't think that, especially if it's a one off thing. However, do it too often and they'll start expecting a treat every time they're with you.

Offering a treat, however, is a great way to approach a horse amicably.
>>
>>2300543
Sweet. They're mainly ponies if that changes anything.
>>
>>2300597

Not ponies! They'll all die!
>>
If the Mongols only used mares how did they make more of them?
>>
>>2301395

>Implying you need a male horse to impregnate a mare
>>
>>2301395
they did? Why?
>>
>>2301479
To get at their milk but there are probably other reasons.
>>
>>2301477

What are you implying?
>>
>>2301489

Mares are also quiet, as opposed to stallions who were known to nicker to enemy mares and ruin any attempt at a sneak attack.
>>
>>2301489
can you get mare milk even when they are not pregnant?
>>
>>2301707
No they have to be lactating. You can induce it with hormones but I don't think the Mongols were doing that.
>>
>>2301710
You can induce lactation by frequent sucking tho.

t. a husband
>>
>>2301711
Not in a horse. Once lactation is ceased, it cannot be restarted by sucking, only by hormonal changes, usually pregnancy,

What you're referring too is the amount of milk a mare will produce while lactating, which is controlled by the amount a foal suckles. As the foal suckles less and starts to forage, the mare will also start to produce less milk. Eventually lactation is stopped completely, and cannot be restarted regardless of the amount a foal suckles.

This is a concern for sick foals who do not suckle as much, because once lactation is ceased, it's game over. When foals and are sick and do not suckle, someone must milk the mare manually to keep the production of milk from stopping.
>>
>>2301711
Horse wife?
>>
>>2301685
Exactly. You can use your army of mares to sabotage the enemy's army of stallions. It is flawless.
>>
>>2301818
Wasn't there that battle that was won because they sent a mare that was in heat and horny towards their line of horses before the charge?
>>
If horse was never created what would humans have rode around instead? Deer? Enriched goats?
>>
>>2301881
some people still ride camels
>>
>>2301971
I forgot about those desert beasts.
>>
>>2301881
maybe llamas and alpacas or zebras?
>>
>>2301881
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGUdG0AvFSQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE2fd6riqVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4WtxKoal-c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhlOkEpvFgQ
>>
>>2301831

I seem to remember that this was an issue mentioned during religious wars in the Middle East because Arabian mares were traditionally preferred as warhorses, while more Western countries tended to favour stallions.
>>
>>2302025

Stallions were pretty rare in war, actually, since they tend to be headstrong and difficult to keep in large numbers. This is especially true when mares are about, and there are almost always a lot of them.

A handful of military groups and leaders (especially royal sorts) preferred stallions, mostly for the manly image they'd give off. But your normal war horse was almost always either a mare or a gelding.

>>2301881

I'd have to go with wild asses. Large and strong enough to hold a rider, docile enough to be kept contained without much issue, and can live off really meager offerings.
>>
>>2302025
Is it true all arabians are descended from seven mares that Mohammad fella had?
>>
>>2302051

Possibly, though probably not. Here's a great blog that explains all the intricacies of the Arabian's history, with a heavy focus on explaining what Asil is and its importance.

http://daughterofthewind.org/the-bedouin-notion-of-asil/what-is-asil/
>>
>>
>>2295624
Why don't people just like... walk their horses like dogs? Is it not a good idea or something? I own a horse and i'm not particularly fond of riding or how many stupid rules it has. I know how to ride, pretty damn well considering I haven't actually been riding that long, but it's just so... Meh. I'm not comfortable trail riding alone and running around a ring is boring as shit. Can I take my horse trail WALKING?
>>
>>2302348
No one's gonna stop you. I don't think anything bad could come of it.

The reason people walk their dogs is for exercise and to let the dogs go shit, right?
Generally speaking turnout is usually enough to keep a horse occupied and give them enough exercise. And obviously horses don't need to be taken outside and walked to go shit.

I do believe if a horse is locked up in a stall all day (for whatever reason), and they don't want to ride it, they'll walk it on lead. Last I checked, this is common practice with horses who are recovering from injury.
>>
>>2302348
I mean, you could, but if it got loose, it could get seriously injured if it's lead ever got tangled in anything.
>>
>>2302330

I just posted a bunch of horse pics I took in a different thread. take a look
>>
>>2302386
>>2302389
Can't the same be said for riding too, though? Difference is if she bucked me off or something and ran away, I'd also be injured. But I guess you'd probably have more control over a horse if you had a bit in its mouth. Area in question is a grassy strip that's fenced in on all sides and a few miles long, so I think she's at least safe from getting away and being fucked up on something.
So she'll probably be fine, right? She hasn't been trail ridden in a long time. Should I warm her up to it somehow or will she need any special introduction to not having somebody on top of her while on a walk?
>>
>>2303277
She should probably be fine, but walking her first certainly wouldn't hurt.
>>
>>2302297
can someone explain what's so impressive about this gif? I just don't understand the event, I can tell the movement over the barrier is really well done but does the horse normally make a stop before jumping?
>>
>>2303348

>does the horse normally make a stop before jumping?

They don't, and that's the point of highlighting it. Eventing is one of the most intense equine sports. At best a mistake cost a few points, at worst it can have career ending and life-threatening injuries, so you need a horse who's thinking through the course just as much as the rider is.

This horse launched too early, which could have been disastrous. But it immediately deduced that it could handle the jump like a goat might and kept going without any input from its rider. Very well-trained, clever animal.
>>
>>2302297
fuck people who do shit like this
>>
>>2303354
>Very well-trained, clever animal.
it ran straight and jumped over an obstacle. a mentally retarded mouse can and will do that for a small treat
>>
>>2303416
A mentally retarded mouse doesn't weigh more than a thousand solar masses.
>>
Just met ten new horses today.
>>
>>2304409
that's fun
joining up with a new squad ehhh?
>>
>>2304458
Mhmm. Going to be good.
>>
Anyone read a good book on horse psychology they could recommend?
>>
I heard horses sleep while standing most of the time, but they lie down and sleep deeply for some moments. Do they prefer sleeping deeply during night or day?
>>
File: IXXCerf.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IXXCerf.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2305279
Depends on the horse.
If given the opportunity, some horses will develop rigorous schedules, and will sleep at the same times of the day as they did yesterday and the day before. It also depends on what they do during the day. Horses that are mainly active during the day will most likely sleep as well as enter REM sleep during the night.

But it really depends, every horse is different. If not active throughout the day, a horse will spend most of his time drowsing, standing, head drooped, eyes closed and one back leg cocked.
Then they'll enete SMS (light sleep), either standing or partially laying. After this they'll enter REM sleep (deepest sleep) for a short period, this is when they'll lay on their side and totally splay out. They'll usually have multiple sleep cycles throughout the day/night and it depends on what they're schedules/daily activities are like. For most, the majority of their REM sleep will occur during the night when they are least active, but each period of REM is relatively short, and will occur multiple times in between bouts of SMS. This is probably more information then you wanted, but I hope this helps :)

Pictured is what a horse in a light sleep might look like.
>>
There's a guy who leaves his mare grazing in the fields next to my house, from time to time. She has a foal (roughly half a year old). Went there to say hello, let the foal smell my hand, scratched his neck a bit and turned my back to go back home.

The fucker followed me for a couple paces and that was fucking adorable. I'm happy. /blog
>>
>>2305536
Just make sure the mother doesn't try and nurse you if you're around the foal
>>
>>2305597
*get you
>>
Do you ever give your horses beer /an/?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsVO_ndmQ3o
>>
>>2305536
I'm happy for you, anon
>>
What do you guys think of this little midget?
>>
>>2305597
Nah, she's chill. I've been within arm's length of both at the same time and no issues.
>>
>>2305602

Yeah, I've got a grumpy old TB mare who loves her beer. She has trouble keeping weight on, so she gets a Guinness poured in her feed every couple of days and she cleans up every time, though come to think about it, it may all be an elaborate ruse on her part to keep the Guinness flowing.
>>
>>2305683
Who covered her in plants?
>>
>>2305683
That's a nice ear mare.
>>
>>2305921
/plant/

This is the start if the inter-general war.
>>
>>2305920
hah could be. Maybe start giving it to her separately, so it's more like a treat. That way she can't play games with you.
>>
>>2306041
>this kills the pony
>>
A highland pony kept biting my wrench today. Think he was bored.
>>
>>2298987
L-lewd
>>
>>2301725
>it cannot be restarted by sucking,
You've never tried , have you ?
>>
>>2306794
maybe I just didn't suck hard enough
>>
I used to ride a horse a lot when I was 9-14yo in my uncle's farm. Wasn't even a controlled environment either, the horse was very docile and I'd bring it from the pasture myself and saddle it up myself then explore that huge farm inwoods. Great times.
Problem is I grew up and got big, not fat but 6'3" and 200lbs. Can I safely ride a normal/average horse? Or do I have to go for 2000lb horses?
>>
>>2307827
If your weight is spread out evenly then you should be able to ride a decent sized horse without causing it any harm. Proportioned people tend to move better with the horse.
>>
>>2307827
Yeah you should be good, the general rule is horses can handle 20% their weight
>>
>>2307827
As others have said, 20% of their weight is usually a good rule.
Also, how fit of a rider you are will have a greater say than anything.
>>
>>2307893
>>2307929

It helps that the average weight for a lesson horse (who tend to run on the stockier and larger side) is somewhere between 1000-1300 lbs. 200 lbs is plenty fine for them.

The biggest thing you can do to help the horse is to hit the gym and work on your leg muscles. The better your ability to balance your weight, the easier it'll be to carry you.
>>
>>2307959
Different anon, but I have a question.
I'm a fairly avid cyclist and I have strong leg muscles, I even hit the gym regularly to do lunges, squats, thrusts, all the fun stuff.

How easy would it be for me to pick up riding? I have fairly good posture and a strong core too.
>>
>>2308105

The ease of starting in obviously depends what discipline you want to get into. But, in general and especially for beginner riding, you're hitting the musculature mark perfectly.
>>
Why does he wear the mask?
>>
>>2308494
Assuming you're not referring bane, it's most likely to keep flies off. they're called fly masks for a reason :P
The horse can easily see through it as well.
>>
how often must a horse have its shoes changed?
>>
>>2308533

It depends on the horse's job, and the job and amount of wear the shoe will experience because of it. Generally, though, you're talking roughly 6 weeks which is the maximum amount of time a horse should go between hoof trims.
>>
>>2308538

*Purpose, not job again

A shoe designed to survive the rigors of concrete will obviously need to be replaced far sooner than a shoe meant to grip soft sand in a riding ring.
>>
>>2308494
We need more bane horses, I didn't even have anything for the big guy a few posts ago
>>
>>2308533
Not all horses need shoes though. The farrier needs to check them out every six weeks and trim back the hooves if they're not doing a lot of walking on hard ground.
>>
>>2308494
If I pulled that off would you neigh?
>>
>>2308642
This.

If you're horse is a pasture pet, and doesn't spend time on hard ground, then they usually don't even need shoes.
>>
File: IMG_3744.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_3744.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2308640
4u
>>
>>2308819
What is the purpose of this mask?
>>
>>2308826
The mask keeps the pain at bay
>>
>>2308828
That's a very sizable horse.
>>
>>2308850
For you
>>
>>2308819
no one mared who i was until i put on the mask
>>
It's weird to think not too long from now the last horse will die. I wonder what will be going through their head.
>>
>>2308883
When?
>>
>>2308883
Why not too long? People love breeding horses, I don't think they will stop doing it any time soon
>>
>>2308901
If anything there's a problem of too many horses and not enough people, the overall population might go down to better fit the number of people but that's still a long way from extinction
>>
>>2308917
overpopulation is a huge problem. There is nowhere close to being a shortage of horses, not in the foreseeable future at least.
>>
File: 605_image2 (1).jpg (1B, 486x500px)
605_image2 (1).jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2308826

It's meant to prevent, or at least drastically slow down, the ability to graze. This allows horses with dietary restrictions to stay out in the pasture, rather than having to keep them stalled or keep your fingers crossed that they won't over-eat (which they would).

Different model designed to prevent cribbing but allow for free-feeding.
>>
>>2308883

Not too long relative to what, the heat death of the universe? Horses are genetically quite healthy as a species and tend to go feral readily to the point of becoming pests, plus humans romanticise them so much they're thriving long after they ceased to become useful working animals in developed countries. They'll be extinct one day, but we're not likely to just write off the whole species any time soon.
>>
meanwhile, in texas
>>
>>2295624
Widdle hosses
>>
>>2309052
COTTON CANDY, GET YOUR COTTON CANDY

captcha: ACCIDENT colico
>>
>>2308640
>>
>>2308938
The last proton decaying.
>>
>>2309052
Just what the fuck.
>>
>>2308888
>>2308901
Since the dawn of time they've only been around for a tiny amount of time. I wonder what the last horse will be thinking
>>
>>2309428
>fuck shit fuck fuck fuck fuck damnit
or something similar probably
>>
>>2309432
We can't be 100% sure the horse won't be directly responsible.
>>
>>2309428
they have been around for as long as humans
>>
>>2309444
Only a matter of time before they interbreed and they'll be gone
>>
File: IMG_3747.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_3747.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2309432
Now is not the time for spooking, that comes later
>>
File: Capture.png (1B, 486x500px)
Capture.png
1B, 486x500px
>>2309454
>Dr. Pavel I'm CINeigh
>>
>>2309052
>filename
What happened to the second one?
>>
>>2309454
>>2309113
>>2309458
I've been laughing all day at this
>>
File: IMG_0898.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0898.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2309458
>first one to talk gets to stay on my aircraft
>>
File: IMG_0899.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0899.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>you ride like a young man nothing held back. Admiral, but mistaken
>>
File: Capture.png (1B, 486x500px)
Capture.png
1B, 486x500px
>Ah you think the darkness is your ally?
>>
Is it safe to feed a horse some flowers on horse valentines day?
>>
>>2309903
Just depends on the flower. Some I'd sure would be fine.
>>
File: IMG_0901.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
IMG_0901.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2309458
>you don't get to bring friends
>>
>>2309903
I think it'd much rather have carrots or an apple, which forgoes the need to make sure you're not feeding your horse something toxic.
>>
>>2309903
Commercially-grown flowers often have pesticides on them. Some species of flowers are toxic. I wouldn't, unless they were home-grown roses that you know haven't been sprayed.
>>
File: 16313103.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
16313103.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Horse newfag here. Wanted to know about specific grazing requirements for horses in a place like Alaska with lots of wild brush and forests.

In a scenario were we have two light-work draft horses comfortably stabled and supplementally fed, what would be the grazing and pasture requirements to make sure they are in good health and mood?

The area looks like the attached image. I was hoping they could free graze on public land without having to waste acres of the plot for pasture (want to use it for gardening) but I am not sure what horses can and can't graze on and what level of supervision they require and for how long they need to graze.

Obviously in an Alaskan winter they would be stabled most of the time. The area is remote wilderness with not much else for miles. I fencing absolutely necessary or are there alternatives?
>>
>>2310296
I've got a whole orchard of untainted plants.

>>2310185
It's traditional. It's the first time it's been all down to myself though
>>
Is it possible for a person to have sex with a horse?

Asking for a friend
>>
>>2310475
>>>/mlp/

stay there and never come back
>>
File: 1478628848862.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1478628848862.jpg
1B, 486x500px
>>2310475
>>
I really like this kind of doggos
>>
>>2310475
Is it possible? Yes.
Is it advisable? No.

They probably won't be into it and hurt you or themselves. Human semen isn't compatible so there's no point anyway. Plus you can't get married so it's technically fornication.
>>
>>2310475
https://massanews.com/noticias/plantao/homem-tenta-ter-relacoes-sexuais-com-egua-leva-coice-e-morre-NV6Ga.html>>2310475

translation: dude tried to fuck a mare, she kicked him in the genitals and he died.
>>
>>2310679
So not that different from normal sex
>>
>>2310679
>You can get kicked in the nads so hard you die
H-how?
>>
>>2310849
Bleeding out.

>>2310419
No advice, then?
>>
>>2310849
If you didn't know that before...now is a good time to protect yourself better.
>>
>>2310851
So does that mean the guy got kicked so hard that it created a fucking hole he bled out of?

>>2310853
I knew it'd affect your ability to have kids, but not actually kill you.
>>
>>2310855
Either internal bleeding or it ripped his genitals open.
>>
What's a good way to stop a horse from grooming you back without making them sad? I mean I'm flattered but it's not helping get them ready.
>>
>>2310912
What kind of sick fuck would refuse a horse that's just trying to say thank you?
>>
File: 1433042972102.jpg (1B, 486x500px)
1433042972102.jpg
1B, 486x500px
Is there anything more sleep-inducing than a snoozing horse?

I'd set up a chair or something and snooze with them, but I think one of them would think something was wrong with me, and paw me to wake me up.
>>
>>2311082
probably because horses on average get spooked quite quickly and if they get so relaxed that they even lay down you subconsciously feel relaxed as fuck because there's apparently nothing dangerous happening at that time and they'd probably sense this way better than you ever could
>>
>>2311022
The kind of sick fuck that has a million things to do and can't be hindered by horse mouths. It's fine on a Sunday.
>>
>>2311126
There was a village in France who only slept when the town horse lay down to sleep for a similar reason. They all died.
>>
>>
>>2309606
Drive-by.
>>
why are hoses so fucking cute?
>>
>>2311507
because they are prey animals
>>
>>2311142
>They all died.
That's unfortunate
>>
>>2311022
I love it when they groom me back but it's physically uncomfortable when they dig their upper lip into my butt or side and wiggle it back and forth.

My boss was standing near the head of an affectionate mare the other day. I walked up to the mare and scratched her withers and lol'd when the mare really got busy scratching her neck and hair.
>>
File: 1435253395297.png (1B, 486x500px)
1435253395297.png
1B, 486x500px
>>2311675
>but it's physically uncomfortable when they dig their upper lip into my butt
>>
>>2311507
The nostrils and ears
>>
>>2311675
I wish a horse would do that to me. But I don't work at the barn, I just go there to take lessons.
>>
>>2310623
>Human semen isn't compatible so there's no point anyway.
>Plus you can't get married so it's technically fornication.
hahahaha what
>>
>>2310623
>Plus you can't get married so it's technically fornication.
I actually think in some countries you can get married to animals. I had a French teacher who tried to get married to his dead ferret, but I don't think it went through.
>>
>>2311823
You can't make a baby with a horse and it would be extramarital sex so there's no point.

>>2311832
Well that's different.
>>
>>2311848
oh my god my lungs hurt from how loud I'm laughing
>>
stallions interact in such a peculiar way with each other

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EsMm9l6aBk

they are quiet for a second, then they suddenly make those noises and jerk their bodies.
>>
>>2311979
>When animals with 4 legs and no real "weapons" try to fight each other.
>>
>>2311992
If that was a fight, it was a very tame one. The other horse was missing all his kicks, maybe even on purpose.
>>
>>2311909
I don't understand
>>
File: Lady.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
Lady.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
This is Lady. Her owner doesn't like the name wants to change it. Ideas?

She's a 20-year-old Quarterhorse. Sweet as can be, although she can be very pushy when it comes time to feed her.

>>2311979
Mares and geldings will do the same thing, minus the kicking and dick sniffing. I have no idea why.
>>
>>2311992
>>2311997

>thinking THIS was a fight

fucking seriously?
what are you even doing in this thread?
>>
>>2312229
Mary
>>
File: triggered.gif (214KB, 352x232px) Image search: [Google]
triggered.gif
214KB, 352x232px
>>2312244
>>
>>2312229
She's got sad eyes. Call her Eye Mare
>>
>>2312229
Changing a horses name is bad luck.
>>
>>2312387
Call her Lucky
>>
>>2312387
Isn't that a ship?
>>
What ARE mares?
>>
>>2312444
We just don't know
>>
File: WP_20161028_002.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20161028_002.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>2312366
That's just the angle.
>>
>>2312387
If you think that's unlucky, we've got a YUUUUGE red Hanoverian around the same age whose name is "Last Chance."

I just call him L.
>>
>>2312615

[desire to pet the horse intensifies]
>>
>>2312615
That horse is a cute
>>
>>2312229
When I get my first mare I'm gonna name her Zoya.
>>
Oldest mare (34) decided that Super Bowl Sunday was the best day to have her first stroke.

Still alive, moving, and eating, but she's walking at an angle now.
>>
>>2312724
Mother's thinking about having her put down. Sad. She's been around since I was a kid.
>>
>>2312724
>34
Holy shit that's old, what breed?
>>
>>2312724
Pit really thick horseshoes on one side so it evens her out and she walks straight up again
>>
>>2312615
I stand by Eye Mare
>>
File: 3178584917_1_2_pTXdcFKz.png (169KB, 500x337px) Image search: [Google]
3178584917_1_2_pTXdcFKz.png
169KB, 500x337px
>his horse doesn't even have a mustache

time to level the fuck up
>>
I was doing laundry, and I went to clear the lint filter at the end of my load, and it was full of hay. hah, I'm gonna start a fire some day.
>>
>>2312807
Purebred quarterhorse. Her name's Melody.
>>
File: 1486427880955.gif (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1486427880955.gif
3MB, 320x180px
>>2312724

have some mercy
>>
>>2312853
There's an old cob that grows a mustache like that but it's been a mild winter and it's not came in.
>>
>>2311979
I always meet new people by screaming and sniffing their dick
>>
>>2314233
Mods
>>
Why would one pony out of four stick his tongue out all the time? It's not flopping about but it's obvious he's doing it. Just a weird habit?
>>
>>2314439
Bored horses do strange things.
>>
>>2314439
>>2314455
Yep. Bored or stressed.
If there's nothing to cause stress in their day then it's most likely boredom.
>>
>>2314455
>>2314473
He's in a nice big field with three other horses and gets regular visits. What more stimulation could be given to him? His friends don't do it.
>>
>>2314480
You could take him for a ride or a walk every once in awhile. Or try introducing some toys, exercise balls seem to be fun.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emxI-nRGWBE

As long as this behavior doesn't actually hurt him I really wouldn't worry about too much.
>>
>>2314480

Start doing some clicker training and give him something to think about. Even if it's just silly tricks, it'll help break up his day.
>>
>>2314487
what if the horse breaks his leg while playing with the ball?
>>
>>2314487
I'll bring him some interesting object tomorrow.

>>2314538
Couldn't hurt. He might just be content and enjoy having a well aired tongue and will have a really weird day but either way.
>>
>>2314596
that's a possibility.
Perhaps it's better to stick to more common stable toys.

>>2314609
bring him one of these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXlY9pZUknY
>>
>>2314656
couldn't he choke on that?
>>
File: WP_20170211_001.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20170211_001.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
>Happy 22nd birthday, anon!
>She turned 35 a few days ago

F
>>
>>2314865
F

Poor mare
>>
>>2314865
awww man my heart, i'm sorry

also F?
>>
>>2314865

F

Pictures of her alive?
>>
>>2315104
>also F?

90% sure it's derived from "press F to pay respects" in one of the recent COD games.
>>
>>2315125
oh okay
in that case

F
>>
I'm covered in horse spit letting them groom me while they get their tack on. Why do they like mint flavors?
>>
>>2315125
>Recent COD game
It's been an internet joke for a while now
>>
File: WP_20160201_001.jpg (2MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
WP_20160201_001.jpg
2MB, 2688x1520px
>>2314865
>>2315124
Most recent one I could find.
>>
you guys ever painted your horse's hooves?
>>
>>2315631
I was thinking about this yesterday when the hooves were getting rasped. Would it be bad for them?
>>
>>2315633
Our nails and their hooves are both made from a protein called keratin, among other things. I can't imagine it'd be too bad.
>>
>>2315631
>>2315633
>>2315636
Wouldn't be unhealthy; just really fucking tacky.
>>
>>2315639
Not if you add rhinestones
>>
>>2315636
>>2315639

I googled around and some people say it might be bad because it dries the hoof, prevents the hoof from breathing and it might absorb toxical stuff from the paint. Most people seem to recommend using specific products for horses, but removing it a few hours later.

Then again, I'm no expert, I don't know how much of it is true.
>>
>>2315615
That's a cute horse Anon, I'm sorry for your loss.
>>
>>2316840
plz b&
>>
>>2315636

It can dry out nails over time and cause them to weaken or peel, with the difference being that our fingernails are fairly optional and not weightbearing. I can't imagine it being really harmful if it was applied just for an event, using a safe product, and not done on a regular basis though.
>>
What would you say to the last horse?
>>
>>2317221
quit this bullshit
>>
>>2317221
what is with you and the last horse? Do you want to suck the air from it's dying lungs? wtf man
>>
>>2315639
I got the pun anon, don't worry.
>>
>>2317276
That would be pretty neat. If we could figure out why it was the last one we could change the course of history.
>>
Where in the USA are the best cities for breeding dressage horses? I assume Lexington, KY is the best for race horses, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm writing a screenplay (for an independent movie no one will ever see) and doing some research.
>>
>>2317907
You mean near cities? Not a lot of horse sex happens on the grimy streets.
>>
Any good horse stories from this week?
>>
>>2318627
I saw a horse
>>
>>2317907
>>2318263
northern kentucky and the southern third of england

not too hot during the summer like florida and not too cold during the winter like wyoming
>>
>>2318666
Did they survive?
>>
>>2318666
Was it the last horse?
>>
>>2319151
Hot.
>>
File: Snapchat-2556592509972783527.jpg (500KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-2556592509972783527.jpg
500KB, 1080x1776px
>>
>>2319327
Why are those horses harassing the deer(e)
>>
>>2319395
Watch! As poor deere is viciously attacked by multiple whorses in what scientist say is a cruel, random burst of interspecies hate.
>>
>>2319519
>>2319395
well, they have similar body sizes but horses have ten times bigger dicks so of course they hate on each other
>>
Any of yous have a horse that charges you when you run in the field? He always stops short of plowing into me but it's weird behavior.
>>
>>2320256
does sound kind of weird
as someone who's not super experienced with horses yet it sounds like he's just happy to see you.
>>
>>2320269
He's yet to bite off both my kneecaps so good a reason as any.
>>
>>2320256
When I was a kid, mum had an ex-racehorse that did this once. But he was motivated by food.

>ex racehorse is basically a pet to us
>he's kinda dopey, but really gentle and extremely playful
>fascinated by us children, watches us when we play and wants to explore any objects we have

>one day he's at the back door eating some stale bread we're feeding him
>big brother is scared of horses but wants to show off
>takes whole bread bag and runs away, saying "come on Arnie, come and get it!"
>Arnie watches curiously as brother gets to other end of the yard (very big yard), then promptly decides on the best course of action
>600kg of racehorse suddenly charges at my brother, bucking on the way for fun because he loves an excuse to run
>brother shits himself and hides in the shed to escape the crazy horse
>Arnie happily noses through the bread bag while we all lol

He was so much fun, that horse. It took very little prompting to get him running and bucking for fun with the other horses. Being reunited with one he hadn't seen for some time was the best excuse.
>>
>>2321197
>>2321195
Are you 12 years old or what?
>>
>>2320751
I like high energy horse.
>>
File: Chasse_a_courre.jpg (328KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Chasse_a_courre.jpg
328KB, 1500x1000px
>>
>>
File: 09-54-28.jpg (845KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
09-54-28.jpg
845KB, 1200x800px
>>
File: 1474099812949.jpg (149KB, 600x401px) Image search: [Google]
1474099812949.jpg
149KB, 600x401px
>>
>>2321674
That horse looks tired
>>
>>2321673
What is that foal doing?
>>
>>2321791
Photosynthesis
>>
>>2321925
I don't believe he is.
>>
File: 7854879.jpg (110KB, 803x617px) Image search: [Google]
7854879.jpg
110KB, 803x617px
What is that "chestnut" thing? Why does it exist?
>>
File: eohippus_model.png (2MB, 2043x1488px) Image search: [Google]
eohippus_model.png
2MB, 2043x1488px
>>2322432

It's a vestigial toe, left over from this ancestor.
>>
>>2322453
Why did horses get bigger over time?
>>
>>2322536
So there's more of them to love.
>>
>>2321925
I enjoyed this answer
>>
>>2322536
Less predators or competition for food, I'd imagine.
>>
How is the best way to lay down a horse?
>>
>>2322951
because horses are big? These things tend to scale
>>
File: 0026558.jpg (141KB, 670x756px) Image search: [Google]
0026558.jpg
141KB, 670x756px
>>2322967
4u
>>
I'm visiting some extreme mares tomorrow. Jealous?
>>
>>2322536

They adapted for grasslands. Their earlier ancestors were very like tapirs and would have lived in damp tropical forests with thick undergrowth that aren't particularly favourable to taller, heavier quadrupeds. As grasslands emerged, horses became grazers and grew taller with more elongated limbs suited to outrunning predators on open ground.
>>
>>2321791
Horsing around.
>>
>>2324017
Is he the horse from "Horsin' Around"?
>>
File: KEVS5233 Edit.jpg (784KB, 3541x2247px) Image search: [Google]
KEVS5233 Edit.jpg
784KB, 3541x2247px
>>
>>2324041
Why does that horse have a ":3" on its shoulder?
>>
>>2324184
It looks like a brand.
>>
>>2324197
I thought brands were usually black?
>>
>>2324275
They scar over so it depends on the skin color of the horse and how well it healed.
>>
>>2324275
Freeze brands make the fur grow back in white.
>>
When they're damp I have that horse smell on my hands for the rest of the day.
>>
>>2324551
It's a good smell though.
>>
>>2324590
"Wet Horsë" by Chanel
>>
I've been trying to get a picture of this one horse tongue but he keeps putting it away.
>>
>>2325269
he is trolling you
>>
File: 3ad7ca725637e37f4ba6ca02faff0484.jpg (153KB, 1037x1556px) Image search: [Google]
3ad7ca725637e37f4ba6ca02faff0484.jpg
153KB, 1037x1556px
>>
>>2325561
That's a very odd horse
>>
File: DSC_0512.jpg (144KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0512.jpg
144KB, 1600x1067px
>>2325568
I think it's cute as fuck. Look at those flared nostrils, and the motherfucking ears! Holy shit just so cute.
>>
File: carriage-horses.jpg (1MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
carriage-horses.jpg
1MB, 1920x1200px
>>
What's a good way to get more involved with horse? I already see them on weekends but looking to more full time something
>>
>>2325958
Assuming you can't live with them, get a job or something that requires you to work with them. Go be a ranch hand or stable hand or something.

I love horses but I was almost never exposed to them, so I started volunteering at a local horse rescue. 10/10 best decision i've ever made.
>>
File: Sequence_01_1.webm (3MB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
Sequence_01_1.webm
3MB, 320x180px
>>
>>2326024
I'm volenteering Saturdays and found a couple I can help with after work on weekdays. They're neat animals.
>>
>>2325561
Marwari
>>
Why aren't you browsing this thread on your mobile phone from the saddle?
>>
>>2326393
This is why you can't wear elasticated waistbands. They'll be in there looking for mints.
>>
>>2326439

I don't want 3 points on my horse license. Put my mare insurance through the roof.

You know it's illegal to ride a horse while under the influence but there's no laws against the horse being under the influence?
>>
>>2326439
If I can ride a horse, I have no reason to use a phone at all. Riding horse is much more fun.
>>
>>2326439
I'm not riding right now and, even if I were, I'd rather be entirely focused on that and not anything else. What's the point of using a phone while riding when you can just ride?
>>
Do you feel bad when you fart on your horse? Don't lie and say you don't, we all have at some point.
>>
>>2327059
No. The horse doesn't care so why should I feel bad about it? In fact I've been known to intentionally fart on horses that fart on me to get them back.
>>
>>2327059
That's true, I feel like I fart more when I ride. I think the horse doesn't mind since it likes to smell other horse's poop and genitals.
>>
So why did horses go extinct in North America?
>>
>>2327392
You'll know soon enough.
>>
>>2327396
I'm talking about the first extinction, not the second one, which probably isn't going to happen anytime soon.
>>
Other than cleaning them and letting them in a muddy field how do you convince a horse to flop over on their side?
>>
>>2327575
Shoot them in the head
>>
>>2327832
Yep that'll do it
>>
Meating some new horses tomorrow. Pretty stoked.
>>
>>2328179
Please don't meat your horses.
>>
>>2328534
They were fine. Only one of them didn't seem to like me right away.
>>
Boop
>>
File: 6549669727_7ed69c9a5d_b.jpg (266KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
6549669727_7ed69c9a5d_b.jpg
266KB, 1024x683px
>>2328655
Nice.

Most horses seems to dislike me or fear me. It breaks my heart.
>>
>>2328732
That's a very large horse
>>
>>2328851
not really, just a small human
Thread posts: 326
Thread images: 50

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.