[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Next Level Terrariums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

File: 20170109_033946-01.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_033946-01.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
Are you plebs still using store-bought tanks to house your herps?

ITT: Next Level Terrariums
>>
File: 20170109_033718-01.jpg (3MB, 3024x4032px) Image search: [Google]
20170109_033718-01.jpg
3MB, 3024x4032px
>>2294935
Closer
>>
The only impressive thing about your terrarium is that you made it out of a piece of furniture meant for something else. Your glass appears dirty, I don't see any ventilation, and your set up is basic, cramped, and unattractive.
>>
A cool idea but poorly executed. Not interior decorator enough. The antlers are pathetically strewn about. If you do something like this then make it custom furniture or at least a thrift store flip so you can make it decently sized. It would look better popping out that top shelf and untilizing all that wasted space above your tiny TV.
>>
>>2294935
I hope you sealed the wood you stupid faggot.
>>
>>2294935
WHATS IN THE BOX
>>
>chamois horns obscured
>doesn't have something mounted on the opposite side
>it's not even centered above the tv instead
>terrarium is bright and vivid but the other side is bland and dark

You really shouldn't brag about your decorating skills.
>>
plus that's a colombian rainbow boa. a terrestrial animal in an arboreal setup. so there's problem number 1.
decor not to the light is problem number 2
poor ventilation.
poor use of ground space.
maybe do it right before bragging about a setup.
>>
>>2294947
>you made it out of a piece of furniture meant for something else

No, he didn't. It's a terrarium inside the standard bookshelf. That's fine as long as it's vented in the back (I'm sure it is). But let's not pretend he just invented the wheel here. He just found a terrarium to fit in that space.

Like, this picture is an old setup from 2015. Frilled dragon on top, Emerald Tree Boa on bottom. Both now moved on to big PVC cages. But that black furniture is just some glass table thing on Amazon. It was under $100. The height of the shelves was adjustable. And it happened to fit those 2 different sized exo terra cages perfectly.
>>
File: 2014-10-12 (Date Imported) 12.jpg (794KB, 1591x2121px) Image search: [Google]
2014-10-12 (Date Imported) 12.jpg
794KB, 1591x2121px
Terrarium stuff is tricky to get right on the inside. There has to be a line drawn between good looks, functionality, and how hard they are to clean.

This picture is one of my better setups. There is a lake on the bottom of this terrarium. The entire bottom is lava rock with a drainage layer mesh cover, and the the front part of the lake is exposed while the back is covered with soil and has live plants. Functionally awesome for keeping humidity levels high, and looks great, but an absolute nightmare to clean. It was short lived.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.