[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help identify parasite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: 100_2678.jpg (2MB, 4288x3216px) Image search: [Google]
100_2678.jpg
2MB, 4288x3216px
Hi /an/, I was about to put some clothes in the washing machine when I noticed pic related on them.

My cat sometimes sleeps on those clothes.
She was infested with fleas and worms as a kitten (she was born from a stray) and has been dewormed etc a few months ago.
I also have a dog, but she can't reach the clothes, so this is most definitely because of the cat.

I don't recognize these.
Flea eggs looked much smaller, round and white, while these are approximately 2mm long x 1mm wide and yellowish/brown in color.
The cat also doesn't seem to be scratching herself more than usual.
The worms she had previously were white and a bit longer than this, and would kinda look like thin, yellow rice grains once dry/dead. These are a bit different. Could it be another type of worm?
I haven't noticed anything strange in the cat's coat, it's also as shiny and soft as usual. She's behaving normally and I haven't changed her diet.

Location is Northern Italy if that matters.

Can you help me identify what kind of parasite this is?
(I'm taking the cat to the vet to have her spayed in the next days, but I'd like to know what this is in the meantime)
>>
This may not be the case, but if you're leaving food out on the counters, they could be the larvae of nats. I had a case of these on my kitchen counter and they looked like dried/undercooked rice in my opinion. Didn't affect my dog or anything really. All I did to get rid of these was thoroughly wash and bleach the surfaces they were found on (be careful what surfaces you bleach), and they never reappeared. I'm not sure if this helps any, but I thought I'd give you a tip!
>>
File: 100_2673.jpg (111KB, 536x402px) Image search: [Google]
100_2673.jpg
111KB, 536x402px
>>2294111
Thanks! It's freezing cold in here so I haven't seen any flying bug in a long while, but I'll keep an eye out for that.
>>
File: 100_2617.png (471KB, 536x402px) Image search: [Google]
100_2617.png
471KB, 536x402px
bump just in case
(won't bump anymore after this)
>>
File: 1324279723944.jpg (182KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
1324279723944.jpg
182KB, 720x540px
>>2295591
I'll bump for you because I'm curious.
>>
Tyroglyphus farinae ?
But honestly i've no real idea...
>>
File: ciron-farine-2.jpg (25KB, 300x235px) Image search: [Google]
ciron-farine-2.jpg
25KB, 300x235px
>>2296172
forgot pic
>>
>>2294020
tapeworms

regular dewormer doesn't get rid of them, you need to get a special dewormer for tapes
>>
>>2296174
Agreeing with this Anon Tapeworm segments
>>
Tapeworm eggs can travel in to your house just on your shoes, being an indoor dewormed cat doesn't mean they can't pick up an infection again.
>>
File: 100_2568.png (394KB, 536x402px) Image search: [Google]
100_2568.png
394KB, 536x402px
>>2296174
>>2296191
Thanks guys!

>>2296223
I see. My cat is 100% indoor (we live on the second floor) but it's full of stray cats around my house.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.