[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Help please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Pug_hero.jpg (93KB, 1216x668px) Image search: [Google]
Pug_hero.jpg
93KB, 1216x668px
Hello /an/, I come here because I'm desperate. My pug had what I believe was a stroke... twice with a few minutes in between, it happened while we were asleep. All vet clinics are closed right now and the wait is killing me.
Its been 2 hours since and he seems to have blurry vision after it happened but other than that he seems ok.
I'm scared shitless it happens again and the wait for the vet to open is killing me. What can I do? Any advice? Please I'm desperate...
>>
In humans once you see stroke symptoms time is brain tissue. There's special medication (TPA) that can help reduce the impact, but it must be given in a small window of time (a few hours from the onset of symptoms), and you must be a candidate (ex. not on blood thinners or super high BP).

I have no idea what's available for animals, but my guess is not much.
I would take it to the vet asap. Provide comfort and safety measures. Keep it from moving around too much, and try to encourage it to drink lots of water to increase its bp. In the hospital environment for humans we usually want to keep the bp high to promote perfussion to the brain. Fluids is away to raise bp, but I doubt the dog will drink much. Make sure also to keep the dog in a quiet comfortable environment; decrease stimulation.

Be aware of any weakness, swallowing difficulties, vision issues, cognitive functioning, etc.

His only deficit may just be his eye sight. It's possible he could have had a TIA (if that exists in dogs). His symptoms may improve.

Just please take him to the vet when they open
>>
>>2293782
I was doing research and it seems to have indeed been a TIA. He drank a lot of water too so that's comforting in a way. I'm heading to the bet in a few minutes, they open at 8am and its 7am where I am.
He is resting now and I'm vigilant in case anything happens.
>>
Whoever had the idea of making vet clinics closed on the weekends? Like retail, there should be people working on the weekends, because time doesn't stop on the weekends: everyone still has needs.

And in this case it's the animals who have needs. I've seen so many threads (been lurking here for years) where shit happens on the weekend and the owner of the pet is basically fucked and it really hurts to see.
>>
>>2293784
>>2293785
Nvm good yours is open on Saturdays. Wew sorry
>>
>>2293787
Fuck off.
Sell your phone laptop and tv before begging strangers to save your pathetic excuse of a dog.
>>
>>2293799
Don't listen to this dickhead anon, He is just baiting because he is a sad special needs spider owner/catfag/birdfucker/exoticunt. Hope your dog gets fine!
>>
>>2293811
No I'm genuinely pissed that an owner would rather sit it out begging strangers for vet money than going out and selling their belongings.

I own dogs, real dogs, not deformed handbag acessories.
>>
>>2293870
Pugs are real dogs, Humans just bred them to death.
>>
>>2293811
your faggot trip should really be permabanned, I have never seen a useful or interesting comment from you
>>
>>2293799
This anon is actually right. Beggars are pieces of shit
>>
>>2293811
says the guy pretending to have weird fetishes for attention
>>
>>2293875
That's the point.
>>2293888
"Fetishes"
Fuck you, It's not a fetish
Nice trips.
>>
>>2293764
don't buy a genetic abomination next time
>>
>>2293764
Pugs are very prone to seizures
Can you describe the symptoms
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.