[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitten just got spayed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_2260.jpg (1MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2260.jpg
1MB, 4032x3024px
She's sleeping right now, so I was able to grab a picture. Is her wound supposed to look like this or has it opened up? I see where she's stitched up but below that it's looking kind of nasty. I wasn't able to get in contact with the vet, but I'm gonna take her there tomorrow. Just wanted to get y'all's opinion
>>
>>2293545
It should be closed. Is she biting at it?
>>
>>2293570
She was licking at it when she got home so I went to go get a cone, so she hasn't been able to scratch or lick it at all. She did jump up on the bed a couple times which is what I think made it open (if it is open) like that.
>>
>>2293586
Idk if you have baby in house but maybe a diaper? Something non-restricting but will protect it from infection till you can visit vet.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-01-06-21-44-16.png (604KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-01-06-21-44-16.png
604KB, 720x1280px
This is how it should look.
>>
>>2293602
Why is the incision so big? When I got my kittens spayed the 6 month kitten only needed two stitches, the 3 month kitten only had one.
>>
>>2293604
It varies completely based on the skill of the vet

I've seen some shitty work by vets that needed like 6 stitched and left a huge scar

Skilled vets usually do 0-2, like yours.
>>
File: IMG_2149.jpg (556KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2149.jpg
556KB, 2448x2448px
>>2293545
From the picture it looks like dry blood around the incision. Is it actively bleeding? The incision and the area around it looks pink/red, which is good. Any type of discharge isn't good. You usually don't want to leave open wounds open either..., but keep it uncovered for now. If you have saline it wouldn't hurt to flush the incision area; although I'm not sure if those stitches could get wet so hold off on that actually.

Make sure you keep her from jumping. You don't want it to open up more. This is really the most import advice I can give you at this point.

It's good you are taking her to the vet.

Pic related was my cat's incision after she was sprayed. I was very impressed.
>>
>>2293545
Yeah just mutilate a fucking animal and call it "sane". Fuck you, and everyone else who thinks like you.
>>
>>2293617
I feel like the vet offices that offer TNR services do great job because they obviously should have lots of experience, and often these feral cats aren't kept for long. They get them sprayed/neuter then they release. They aren't putting cones on feral cats.

I got my cat sprayed at one of those kinds of places and they did a fantastic job. It literally looked like 1 stich if that. No cone needed. No problems whatsoever.
>>
>>2293693
wew lad
>>
>>2293597
Thanks for the idea!
>>2293691
Yeah we confined her to the bathroom and blocked off the tub so she couldn't jump up there. It's not bleeding, it just looks a little wet.
>>
>>2293602
AAAHHHH NOOOO WHAT HAVE YOU DONE

THIS IS NOT OK AT ALL
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.