[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Goodnight Sweet Prince

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (250KB, 1024x681px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
250KB, 1024x681px
Only 35. Poor Tilikum.
>>
File: image.jpg (400KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
400KB, 1280x720px
>>2293263
sticky when

Damn man, Tilikum had a tough life. At least he got to fuck a lot killer whale bitches.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDnACG8vcyA
>>
The first death incident happened in my hometown, before they moved him to seaworld.
>>
>>2293264
>I will fuck you Tilikum

Well they don't call him Tilikum for nothing.
>>
He's fucking free now. Free to murder humans in heaven.
>>
>meanwhile Granny just died at 105 in the wild

and

>in b4 SeaWorld posts some mopey stuff about RIP Tilikum forever in our hearts

choke on whale dicks, SeaWorld, you torture these animals
>>
>>2293275
b-but
muh research
>>
first death of 2017.... but I'm not sad. I would rather he finally die than live in misery anymore, and Seaworld has no intentions of actually making these whales lives comfortable so they can die in at least "not horribly fucking insane" conditions.
>>
>>2293277
My favorite is 'BUT THEY RESCUE SEAGULLS AND CRABS AND SEA LIONS....'
>>
File: hqdefult.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefult.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
>>2293275
Please anon humans are psychotically ironic. When ever some says some shit about someone will always be in our heart 90% of the time were talking utter bullshit and we'll have forgot about the whole thing by the next week. That said
DICKS OUT FOR HARAMBE
>>
>>2293264
So, he was 35, and has sired 21 offspring. Less than half of those (ten) are still alive.
What the fuck? Were they stillborn? What did so many die so early?
>>
>>2293355
Sea world care standards is my guess.
>>
>>2293280
Is this not valid?
>>
>>2293271
10/10
>>
Good riddance
>>
>>2293264
>fuck tons of whale bitches

Akshually he got to fuck tons of human hands. Never fucked a whale bitch in his life. He was bullied by them though. Truly /r9k/ whale.
>>
>>2293366
In a vacuum, yes, but it in no way excuses their treatment of their Orcas.
>>
>>2293366
I mean it would be like saying

Yeah, this guy abuses dogs mentally and physically--but he runs a parrot rescue, so how DARE you say anything bad about him!
>>
>>2293355
Because captive born orcas die sooner than they should
>>
>>2293264
Tilikum -> Katina -> Taku then bred with tilikum

Why did they inbreed the whales??
>>
>>2293642
because they have a limited resource, since they (they meaning Seaworld) can no longer legally capture whales from the wild.
>>
>>2293643
Resulting to inbreeding your animals is really gross 2/10 won't go to sea world ever again
>>
>>2293263
Anyone know what they do with the body? Donate it for research?
>>
>>2293263
F
>>
>>2293638
How do people not get this! But honestly wouldnt you take you children to see the dolphins and whales?
>>2293643
They're so desperate to legally torture these animals. How long do you think they have till stillborns and inbreeding put an end to seaworld orcaa?
>>2293662
Feed the carcass to tilikums family
>>
File: ok.jpg (25KB, 1268x101px) Image search: [Google]
ok.jpg
25KB, 1268x101px
>the average procap

I've also seen a post stating how someone's life LITERALLY™ was ruined because "OSHA took muh waterwerrrrrks and now shows are boring".

People, some of them with decades of experience as a trainer, ended up seriously injured or even dead in these pools. What do these plonkers fucking think OSHA's job is?
>>
>>2293746
Id rather teach my children to respect life.
>>
>>2293263
Dis sea nigga had a great k/d
>>
>>2293263
STICKY WHEN
>>
>>2293642
Taku was a male, though. He did however breed with his own mother which produced his inbred sister Nalani in 2006. His other offspring is Trua which he had with an unrelated whale. Trua is also the one whale that was always put with Tilikum because the females would kick Tilly's ass, so he at least had some company.

Somewhere in 2015 I saw a video of Katina mating again with her youngest son Makaio. That whole Orlando "pod" is just such a trainwreck.
>>
>>2293845
Oh okay that makes more sense thank god
>>
>>2293746
>But honestly wouldnt you take you children to see the dolphins and whales?

My dad took us on a whale watching tour. It was far more amazing to connect with these animals in their natural habitat, watching them breach and then come close to the boat to look at us (9 year old me immediately became obsessed with orcas in that moment we made eye contact) than to watch them doing tricks for food to the tune of blaring country rock.
>>
File: 1483803155080.jpg (102KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1483803155080.jpg
102KB, 500x500px
>>
>>2293860
check your privilege, shitlord
>>
I think a lot of people forget that without Seaworld, us humans wouldn't appreciate the Orcas the way we do now
>>
>>2293263
reminder that orcas are evil and deserve what they get
>>
>>2293860
sorry not everyone is rich
>>
>>2293937
that's such a white trash, garbage argument

>children will only enjoy learning about dinosaurs if we clone them and put them into tiny pens and make them do tricks
>>
>>2293963
no need to be racist about it. this is a safe space
>>
>>2293907
>>2293952
We weren't rich. It was much cheaper than a trip to Seaworld.
>>
>>2293951
this
>>
File: Granny_Orca.jpg (2MB, 2668x1706px) Image search: [Google]
Granny_Orca.jpg
2MB, 2668x1706px
>>2293275
>this post is literally the only one mentioning Granny

Seriously, why aren't we talking about Granny here? She was way more important than Tilikum.
>>
>>2293860
>whale watching tour
That sounds amazing! As a child of course I enjoyed Sea World but if I had a choice today between the two I'd pick whale watching. Sea World just makes me think of fat families waddling as they spend $10 on cotton candy and their children wail about how long they have to wait to get splashed by "Shamu".
>>
>>2293408
>>2293845
Why did the female orcas pick on Tilikum? Were they trying to fight against the patriarchy?

>>2293275
I must ask: who is Granny?
>>
>>2294075
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granny_(orca)

only the oldest recorded orca. i got to see her once, up in vancouver.
>>
>>2294075
Male killer whales are basically the ultimate NEET animal that stay with their mommy for life (and when she dies sister, or aunt because females live about 20 years longer so they're relied on for remembering migration routes etc) to help take care of the family. Animals that aren't family are regarded as a means for reproduction, and expected to return to their own pod after mating, likely to prevent that too many orcas have the same father and therefore genes. The females that already were there as an established group saw Tilly that way when he arrived at SW. Katina mated with him and then he had to gtfo, but of course Tilly couldn't leave.
>>
>>2294269
Ah. I remember reading about males sticking with their female siblings but didn't know about the females kicking their mating partners out. Thanks for clarifying. Now, why didn't Sea World stick Tilly with any of the males then? Was he really the only male there and was stuck with the females simply due to lack of space?

>>2294114
Sounds like a sweet lady. It seems being rejected from captivity did a lot of good for research and endangered species activism. I don't really understand what the article said about her dorsal fin though. So every orca's dorsal fin is different enough to be used as a means of identification?
>>
>>2293963
This is a good point. Children fucking love dinos and dragons without even seeing one.
>>
File: the-operatives-tv-show.jpg (45KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
the-operatives-tv-show.jpg
45KB, 600x400px
>>2293860
I'm jelly
>>2293963
Honestly I'd love a Jurassic Park. Though I think I'd be to much of a pussy after seeing how all the movies ended.
Anyone watch "The Operatives"? They should stop going to backwards 3rd world countries and go out with a bang by kidnapping the orcas and dolphins from the dreaded clutches of sea world. I honestly think no one has a right to claim ownership of another life. But it gets "complicated" when I think about cats and dogs
>>
File: 2017_01_08_070338.png (36KB, 167x107px) Image search: [Google]
2017_01_08_070338.png
36KB, 167x107px
>>2294054
Deep-cover Operative
>>
>>2293963
Wasn't that the point of Jurassic Park?
Thats the only reason everyone loved this movie
Imagine now if it were real
>>
>>2294533
they were so preoccupied with whether or not they could, that they didn't stop to think if they should
>>
>>2293907
>>2293952
That's fucking stupid.
Seeing orcas isn't a need. You can perfectly live without seeing them irl.
Why the fuck should there be a low-cost Orca-seeing option ?
Go to your fucking library and get a book about Orcas, that shit's free.
Also Seaworld ticked aren't free anyway.
>>
>>2293907
>>2293952
It costs money to take your children to SeaWorld, dumbass. It was even more expensive before they slashed ticket prices and started handing out coupons like candy because of flopping sales after Blackfish. So if you're going to spend the money, spend it on taking your children to an area with whale watching tours instead of teaching them it's okay to abuse animals for entertainment.
>>
>>2294054
Because /an/'s full of PETArds who don't pay attention to things if they can't pin it on the evils of captivity.

http://zoonation.org/tilikum-vs-j34-a-tale-of-two-killer-whales/
>>
>>2294301
>Now, why didn't Sea World stick Tilly with any of the males then? Was he really the only male there and was stuck with the females simply due to lack of space?
AFAIK the only other males they had in his time were a bunch of calves born after him, of which many were brought to other parks. SW Orlando got Tilikum in the first place because their former big male, Kanduke, had died. They were actually looking to get Keiko first, but since Tilly had proven to be a breeder (he had sired a calf in Sealand of the Pacific) they went for him instead, plus Keiko looked like shit back then with his skin virus. The last decade however, they did put Tilikum with Trua, which is his grandson.

It's not that all the females hated him. The problem mainly was always Katina, who is the most dominant animal and by being the mother of a fairly decent amount of whales in the park also the centre of the group, so that restricted Tilikum's social circle quite a bit. He had a good bond with a female named Taima, but she passed in 2010.

He wasn't totally alone, but because they constantly had to keep him away from Katina to avoid trouble he was always locked up in one pool at a time with only one other animal.
>>
Tell me /an/, what places has the 'best' conditions for captive cetaceans?
I don't get why they're so shit these days. At least with whale sharks they seem to be really trying and they have the excuse that they're still 'new' to housing them but right off the back just starting off they still went all out. Is there any tanks like those for whales/dolphins? Googling only brings up sad tanks.

No idea what the cost or management would be like, but has everyone attempted to have a sort of 'private' bay to house cetaceans? What is the mortality rate for released whales?
I remember reading a few pages off of killer whales that were released got deathly sick right off the back. Don't remember the details but were they sick to begin with(whether it was just malnutrition), didn't have the immunity, etc?
>>
>>2295463
If you can't afford to humanely house these animals you shouldn't be housing them at all. Its the same with dogs
>>
>>2294618
>Impossiblelevelsofautism.jpg
>>
>>2295494
>pointing out autism on /an/
You've got several more posts that require your services.
Get busy nigger.
>>
>>2295463
>Tell me /an/, what places has the 'best' conditions for captive cetaceans?

SeaWorld parks have the "best" but that is compared to other places in the US or places overseas which have even smaller tanks. SeaWorld's tanks are still awful and both physically and emotionally detrimental to the animals.

>has everyone attempted to have a sort of 'private' bay to house cetaceans?

The team that arranged for Keiko's release did. In his last years he was able to live in a large ocean pen, swim in open waters (tagged and sometimes followed depending on how early on this was); interact with wildlife, and interact with other orcas although he never fully integrated into a pod.

Sea World supporters like to call him and thus release from the parks a "failure" because he died 5 years after his release (yet for some reason they never point at the whales who have died at Sea World or in captivity, sometimes within months, and say captivity is a failure? hmm) and because he sought human contact, but the human contact was due to his inability to fully reconnect with whales after so many years in captivity (thanks humans!) and the fact that he had been accustomed to human contact for the last 2 decades.

>What is the mortality rate for released whales?
>I remember reading a few pages off of killer whales that were released got deathly sick right off the back.

I'm not sure what you were reading, since there are only 2 known cases of killer whales being intentionally released after living in captivity for more than 12 months--one after 1 years, and one after 22 years. One whale was in captivity for 1 year and was not tagged and his life after release is not known. Keiko, in captivity for 22 years, lived for 5 years after and likely died from pneumonia.
>>
Member in the Blackfish movie when the Seaworld people jerk off his massive tentacle penis?
>>
>>2293263

Weird. I'm watching Blackfish right now and whilst I know it's a little biased (so I've read) I really want to stop these fucking whale catching cunts.

I used to hate Whale Wars because, well, it was a terrible show. I got annoyed at how they were barely doing fuck all to the whalers. In my retard teenage years (and I think still now) I would've been a way better "eco terrorist."
>>
>>2295666
You'd probably also be in jail in no time. I think the hardcore eco-terrorists don't get to perform for along enough time to leave a lasting impact. You can't just go around like Isis. Its gotten them nowhere and it'll get the movement nowhere
>>
>>2293662
it used to be they ended up in dog and cat food. I'm not even making this up I swear to god. They couldn't sell the orca carcasses to land fills so they sold them as pet food.
>>
>>2296162
How would you list that ingredient? "Meat byproduct" or would they label it as fish? I know orcas aren't fish, but how do you classify an aquatic mammal's meat?
>>
>>2293263

for some reason that collapsed dorsal fin creeps me out and makes me sad
>>
>>2295176
I do not frequent /an/ nor do I like PETA or think that captivity is bad but ceteceans do not seem to do well in captivity, they appear to live much shorter lives/in worse health/and are more commonly violent then they are in the wild.
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.