[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Belgian Malnois

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (104KB, 680x454px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 680x454px
Hey /an/ new visitor to your board here. I've heard a lot about the Belgian Malnois, and have hung out with them before. They seem pretty fun. Do you think I should get one?
>>
Missing the following fields:

>activity level
>time to train
>living situation
>other animals/people
>time animal will spend alone

That said, I've heard that BM are shit tier house pets unless you give them a job to do or are insanely physically active- then they're great.
>>
https://youtu.be/gTpBFYuErzA

they seem like a pain in the ass desu

but then again, if you have the time to train them properly:

https://youtu.be/8HLcFZNje_w
>>
>>2293233
i think that doggo needs to be fattened up
>>
File: 0725141344-00.jpg (21KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
0725141344-00.jpg
21KB, 320x240px
We had a reject police dog and we had to give her back to the breeder after she bit a kid on the elbow unprovoked :(
>>
>>2293274
reject malinois, to clarify
>>
OP here. I'm gonna go with no them.
>>
>>2293283
The kind of people who own one of these dogs are the people who live to train and raise them. Their dog is the center of their lives.
Mals have off the charts levels of energy, I'm talking you'll need to go on not just walks bit hiking or running with them all the time. You'll need to have structured training sessions a lot and have something for them to do or they act crazier than they already do.

I think they're awesome dogs and would love to have one, but I know better. My collie type dog is ready a handful already for me.
>>
>>2293238
This. In fact even as police dogs they are noted to go more kennel crazy than GSDs, which is a downfall and something that k9 units have to actually consider when deciding on a Belgian Mal or GSD.

>>2293283
They are great dogs, the only problem is they really aren't good just as a pet. If you needed a dog for IPO or herding or something, or planning on really focusing on dog sports it would be great. But, like many dogs, they do not thrive on doing nothing. Unlike many dogs, they have a tendency to go mad if they don't have something to do.

Is there anything specifically that made you want a Belgian Mal? There's probably another breed out there better suited for what you need.
>>
>>2293233

Low quality bait.
>>
>>2293314
Yeah, that's what I thought when I saw the thread.
>>
>>2293251
yellow lab owner detected.
>>
>>2293251
Looks like a healthy weight to me.
>>
>>2293350
>>2293251
It's hard to tell without actually examining the dog. Some dogs are just lanky looking but still have a healthy amount of fat on them
>>
are malinois and gsd eventually going to get crossbred once the gsd's health problems become too much to manage?
>>
>tfw no malinois mode bf
>>
>>2293289
I really really like your opinion! Most people I know with a Malinois don't do anything physically active with them, and at the same time they don't understand why their little dog is being problematic (chewing things up or being overly excited at all times)
>>
File: FB_IMG_1483739512655.jpg (93KB, 1361x1361px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1483739512655.jpg
93KB, 1361x1361px
One of my dad's bm, little fella with an energy level of a hamster on speed or something. Def not suited for a inexperienced dog owner
>>
>>2293421
Sorry, AN inexperienced dog owner
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.