[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I bring my cat to the vet? Im scared it will not only

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 7

File: 20161212_202412.jpg (3MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20161212_202412.jpg
3MB, 4032x2268px
How do I bring my cat to the vet? Im scared it will not only take my life and anyone else involved.
>>
just let it die

animals that are untrainable and out of control are not worth the time or effort
>>
>>2292224
>Tip carrier so the door is facing upwards
>Scruff the fuck out of cat
>Pick cat by scruff and positioned over open carrier
>With free hand, grab cat's back legs together
>Get back legs into carrier and release your grip on the back legs
>Grab front legs, get front legs into carrier
>Push head into carrier
>Close carrier
>>
Its just a cat, just throw it in a carrier, take it to a vet, and get your arms clawed like a man.
>>
File: 1471048768500.png (524KB, 600x568px) Image search: [Google]
1471048768500.png
524KB, 600x568px
Get a cat carrier. They open from the top. They're made for cats. A cat carrier.
>>
>>2292224
Throw some food in the box and close the lid. Open the box when the vet is ready to see kitty.
>>
>>2292224
We don't have a carrier, so when we drove, I had to keep her in a bag, which I had my legs clutched around. So I was just trying to keep her as comfortable as possible, sticking my hand into the bag and at times leaving a bit of an opening. I was of course in a back seat.

She was a bit restless, and managed to squeeze her way out of it into my lap. I asked that we stop, but that was a no. I was quite worried, but despite this whole shock, being really old she has remained rather calm.

Still, this vet seemed glaringly unscrupulous. He made some incredibly worrying recommendations. Though this was largely invisible to a single minded authoritarian that appreciates practically nothing about cats.

So now, she knows, "you've put me in harm's way". I've been able to avoid crying in front of others, but otherwise, much less so.
>>
>>2292224
You should really invest in a proper cat carrier, it makes everything far simpler and safer. Try offering her treats during the ride to help her associate the carrier with a positive experience, and during the car ride you should make sure the carrier is in a secure spot.
>>
my dog loves the vet
>>
Mine had never been in a carrier before (found him outside one day, starving).
He is a 14 pound male only a year old and he started flipping out and wouldn't get in the carrier. Because I was short on time, I put him inside of a pillow case and then put him in the carrier. He didn't even try to figure out how to get out of the pillowcase, just rode to the vets meowing under his breath and sulking. The vet tech was very surprised when she looked inside of the carrier and all she saw was a pillowcase.
>>2292387
This made less and less sense the longer you went on.
>>
>>2292387
>catfags
>>
File: IMG_20170101_134130_01.jpg (496KB, 1634x1817px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170101_134130_01.jpg
496KB, 1634x1817px
>>2292387
Wat
>>
File: IMG_2111.jpg (1MB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2111.jpg
1MB, 2448x2448px
>>2292224
Put it in an actual carrier.

You will look very stupid coming to the vet with the cat in a god damn pillow case or whatever you've been doing.

If your cat doesn't like to be held then he must be partially feral or poorly socialized. Even if that is the case you could still get the cat inside. I suggest not feeding it the day or night before and then leaving food in the cage. When he goes in to eat shut the cage behind him-wala! If that doesn't work then just wear gloves and basically shove it in the cage.
>>
>>2292876
>>2292971
We've almost never taken my cat anywhere. So this was a huge shock. I've been extremely worried she'll get hurt. It doesn't help when she expresses how terrified she is.

I've been realizing stuffing her into a bag was pretty cruel. And by now I understand it's unnecessary, having two people doing the job seems to make it not that much of a nightmare.

I was not trusting the vet. By now he's backed off and admitted that his original "treatment" plan would have been much too strenuous. But some types of people just swallow recommendations outrageously naively.

I don't know, I can't tell if I'm more worried about her coming through or if feel more rotten about her last year or somewhere thereabouts being pointlessly agonizing.
>>
>>2292982
Well, I know that I've looked quite stupid not having an actual carrier, but that was the least of my concerns. much less, than, for example, her running off after we got out of the car.
>>
>>2292249
>>2292267
>>2292412
I'll throw in my two cents in support of the carrier. After we took our cat to the vet without one, she got a bit of an injury from being extremely unaccustomed to being in a cage. Though of course I have no idea just how much you would want to be giving your cat a preview of that.
>>
File: wtf 18.jpg (31KB, 526x300px) Image search: [Google]
wtf 18.jpg
31KB, 526x300px
>>2292387
>>
>>2292982

Ugguuuu this neko so kawaii desu desu xdddddddddddddddddsddddddd
>>
>>2292226
fpbp
>>
>>2292387
so this is the power of toxoplasmosis.....
>>
File: 60199566_3da2afed8d_m.jpg (19KB, 240x206px) Image search: [Google]
60199566_3da2afed8d_m.jpg
19KB, 240x206px
>>2292982
>wala
>>
>>2292224
find a vet who does housecalls
>>
>>2295523
Because grabbing the cat and holding it on your lap while you're driven to the vet makes too much sense right?
Better find and pay the extra money for a vet who does housecalls, expecting OP to exercise a little common sense and maybe show some capability would be asking too much.
>>
Ideally your cats carrier would have been their preferred sleeping and resting area while they were a kitten, and frequent trips to the vet would get them more used to not only the car, but being in the building and seeing these other peoples.
>>
File: kitty02.jpg (714KB, 3888x2188px) Image search: [Google]
kitty02.jpg
714KB, 3888x2188px
Mine hates to be picked up. She will sit in my lap for hours if I let her and sleeps right next to me or on me every night but she will try to wiggle away within one microsecond if I try to pick her up and hold her.

Take her to vet. The girl who works there picks her up and carries her around and the fucking cat doesn't do anything at all. She just lays back and is completely calm.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.