[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Not A Charity (And I'm a heartless asshole)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

I occasionally accept reptiles that people want to give up, but generally only accept ONE healthy or somewhat sick critter at a time that I am confident in nursing back to health on my own with a vet visit or two.

RECENTLY I've been getting dropoffs (cardboard box on the front porch) that are about dead and need either immediate/serious medical attention or humane euthanasia.

That said, I'm not a goddamn charity. I don't take donations of anything and supply my own supplies, food, basic medical care, and make sure every animal is perfectly healthy before I find it a good home. This means several hundred to a few thousand dollars in vet bills per animal. These are just normal/common lizards and such, nothing terribly fancy.

Do I drop a few hundred dollars on a shaky animal I have no history on, do I eat the cost, or do my best for them on my own? Again: I run this privately as a hobby, and it's only recently this has become an issue, today marks the third animal in a week I've had dumped on my doorstep because someone doesn't know how to use fucking google.

So far everything dumped on my porch has been a leopard gecko, all with varying cringe-inducing levels of MBD. One had to be put down, and another needed shots and a special diet. That brings be back to my question.

I do this for catharsis, not to spend all my time and money drenched in sorrow over other people's awful, expensive and completely preventable fuckups. I can only build so many tiny coffins at a time.

I will in the meantime do my best for any animal in my care, but my moderate medical knowledge and training is not an excuse to let any animal go without access to a professional when I cannot offer them complete care.

Feel free to call me heartless, but I am not responsible for other adult people who can't understand how to look up the barest basics of an animal's care and then refuse to pay for their mistakes either emotionally or financially.
>>
>>2292146
------------------------->
hahah livejournal is that way faggot

low quality posts are not allowed on this board.

s@g3d & r3p0rt3d
>>
>>2292146
You do know you can easily get approval as a non profit, right? I mean you're already sinking money into it while taking in homeless animals, why not become 501(c)3 accredited? It's pretty easy I you aren't making profit out of your work. You can still turn people down and only take in the animals you want one at a time. Nothing will change on that end.
>>
>>2292146
Why are you posting this here? Go blog somewhere else
>>
>>2292146
Okay
>>2292147
Isn't it against the rules to admit to reporting?
>>2292146
Eat the ones you can't save
>>
>>2293630
and to using sage, yes
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.