[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>neighborhood keeps removing trees everywhere in the village

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: 4876876878.jpg (578KB, 1640x1365px) Image search: [Google]
4876876878.jpg
578KB, 1640x1365px
wow, so progressive
so modern
>>
Landlord recently axed one huge ass tree in front of the house I live in.
Now every time it gets windy I think my window is about to get pushed in. Groans, creaks and cracks loud as fuck when there's a strong wind.

Apparently the huge tree diffused wind really nicely since when it was windy the wind sounded really soft against the house, now it's really sudden, harsh and strong.
>>
>>2291632
You do know there are valid reasons for removing huge trees right next to your house right?
I'm sure hearing the wind is an inconvenience, just not as much as a big motherfucking tree falling and crushing you.
>>
>>2291718
Interesting how that tree wasn't dangerous for literally decades.
Also, it was healthy. Lush leaves and the roots were also intact.
They just wanted to get rid of it because it scraped one time too often at the wall and pressure from the neighborhood who apparently thinks getting rid of trees makes everything look more modern.
>>
Landlord decided to remove ALL the leafy in the apartment complex and leave behind all the ugly palm trees. This place was so beautiful when the trees flowered (white then blue) and when the wind blew it would send cascades of petals everywhere. All of that will be gone in a few weeks...
>>
>>2291794
>ugly palm trees
fuck, that sounds bad
>>
>old neighborhood, everyone had 1-2 giant trees in their yard
>drive by it last year
>every single tree out of 70+ houses is gone

Looks so weird. As a kid, occasionally a tree would get cut down and for some reason I found it extremely distressing. Not because they killed a tree or whatever but not seeing it made me feel very confused and foggy, like I forgot where I was and it'd take me months to get used to it.
>>
the first world is really into trees right now
>>
>>2291911

We're like 8 miles from the beach, so I get that they want that beach vibe and everything

But FUCK ME every place has palm trees!
>>
>>2291922
I felt the same about that in that age.

When certain big trees were gone I felt like half of the neighborhood was gone. Felt fucking shitty and I hated the look and never got used to it till I moved.
>>
File: Trees944.png (4MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Trees944.png
4MB, 1440x2560px
>>2291777
I've caught hell by people for cutting these two trees down. I'm sure they thought they were healthy, and weren't a problem for literally decades as well.
Lighting strikes, high winds plus drought conditions cause healthy trees to fall all the time. Not to mention that even though both of these trees look healthy, the one on the left was rotted hollow from the fork down.
Fact is as a homeowner you have to make decisions. I like nice pretty trees, just not laying in my kids bedrooms.
>>
>>2292097
doesn't help that you guys keep making houses out of cardboard
>>
>>2291718
>what the fuck is pruning?
>>
>>2291626
>getting rid of trees is modern
I didn't realize this was a thing. Everyone I know covets big trees.

>>2291794
>>2291911
There are at least three ads on Craigslist within 20 miles of me of people begging someone to come take their gross 30 ft palm trees. Dead leaves for ten feet before you see any green.

>>2291922
My mom got rid of the tree in her front yard. It wasn't huge, and it was pretty ugly and gnarled, desu, but I still feel a bit disappointed whenever I see the stump.
The house I'm in now has six trees over 20 feet tall and I love it. Unfortunately the neighborhood isn't the best, so I doubt I'll stay here forever.
>>
>>2292506
>le american homes are made from cardboard meme
>>
reminds me of when my primary school cut down over 200 trees on what was basically forest last they owned. converted half into pure bitumen quarter to basketball courts and a quarter into vegetable gardens for a "eco" programme. the day the first tree fell the sky was black with birds
>>
>>2292513
>what the fuck is pruning?
Tree maintenance.
However if the canopy of the tree is taller than the roof peak of your house it is irrelevant. The trunk of the tree will still knife right through a home.
>>
This thread makes me sad.
>>
>>2292854
why?
>>
File: 1475562466656.jpg (1MB, 1549x1033px) Image search: [Google]
1475562466656.jpg
1MB, 1549x1033px
>tfw living in Washington and fuckers are deforesting shit like crazy

It's the worst, because all that's getting put up are cracker box palaces that are going to be vacant in 2 years anyway.
>>
>>2292513
Roots'll fuck up the pipes n shit too, wreck foundations, concrete sidewalks etc.
>>
>>2292097
tree lives are more important than your children
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.