/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Cat very ill

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: doge.jpg (21KB, 704x704px) Image search: [Google]
doge.jpg
21KB, 704x704px
We already went to the vet. They took blood and couldn't find anything.

The cat refuses to eat. Most recently she began to drink again when I hold a cup of water directly under her nose. Previously she would refuse to drink also. She got huge amounts of water injected at the vet because of dehydration because she wouldn't drink for days.

Overall gotten very weak and frail (obviously), and can barely walk straight.

Used to have fever, but that seems to have disappeared.

Still, absolutely refuses to eat. I tried the sauce of canned cat food (various flavors), milk, yogurt, and some special liquid food for illness. I tried warming the food up. Nothing helps.

Just give me ideas what to do.

Pic unrelated.
>>
go back to the vet and have them put it down
>>
>>2290006
Did they do a fecal? How about an xray or an ultrasound?
>>
>>2290064
No, no and no. I don't know if they even have equipment for the latter two.

Maybe the larger vet in the city. I wonder what I can expect to pay for an intensive checkup. Germany here.

One thing that sucks is I can't weight the criticality of the situation. I also get weak and dizzy when I merely have flu. If the cat is drinking, maybe it will just go away in a few days. It's been a little less than a week now...
>>
>>2290006
The death of a cat is always a happy moment, friend.
>>
You said you went to the vet and did a blood test but what about her mouth? Did they check for abscesses, fractured jaw, broken teeth, etc?

Also, have you tried running water to get her to drink?
>>
>>2290068
Lead water pipes, maybe? You're both dying.
>>
>>2290068
If your vet clinic doesn't even have a fucking x-ray machine, you REALLY need a better vet. Literally no acceptable veterinary clinic would not have a goddamn x-ray machine. If he has an intestinal blockage, the only way to identify it would be an ultrasound or an x ray. It's also retarded that they didn't do a fecal. That's generally the first thing they do when animals stop eating. Find a better vet as soon as you possibly can.

A cat not eating or drinking for days should be considered an emergency. Best of luck, anon.

>>2290112
Seconded.
>>
>>2290112
This is a good suggestion.

Don't worry about the fecal for now. In the case of intestinal parasites, you'd have been seeing vomiting and/or diarrhea by this point, not anorexia and an unwillingness to drink on such a scale.

There are medications that can be prescribed which stimulate the appetite, such as mirtazapine - we use it at my clinic when cats refuse to eat for 3 days or more. In absence of this, you can force-feed her by mixing canned or baby food with water into a slurry and using a syringe/eyedropper/similar item to squirt very small amounts into the back of her mouth, as you would do when giving a medication. Here's an unnecessarily long video guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECPS4PFgRqg

Cats do not take kindly to this, and it should only be done on a very short-term basis in order to get them through a rough patch; this is no way for an animal to live in the long term.

If her mouth checked out okay and nothing was found in the bloodwork, though, she needs an x-ray. It's highly likely there is something seriously wrong with her internally, but it may be something that could potentially be fixed, such as the aforementioned intentional blockage that could be surgically removed.

Good luck, anon.
>>
>>2290112
I wasn't with them when they went to the vet. (I was in the hospital myself, ironically because trying to keep the cat warm in my room led me to dehydrate in the night and pass out in the morning, heavily hitting my head.) But I've been told the vet looked into her mouth a lot.

She drinks still water now, so that problem is solved at least. I can only hope it means she will improve to eventually eat again.

>>2290121
Maybe they do have it, I'll make sure to ask about all this when we next go. It's a really tiny vet in a tiny city though. I heard the one in the bigger city nearby even has emergency services on holidays so they probably have a ton more equipment too.

>>2290134

OK, thanks for all the tips. Here's a checklist for now, tell me if I missed anything:

- xray
- ultrasound
- problems in the mouth (infections, broken teeth...)
- fecal check
- appetite stimulants like mirtazapine
>>
File: catonshoulder.jpg (150KB, 1002x922px) Image search: [Google]
catonshoulder.jpg
150KB, 1002x922px
Thanks for all those who helped with information.

After another blood test, it came out that Luna had FAIDS and FIP, and her condition would only have worsened.

She was purring in her last moments, and was put to sleep peacefully.

Hold your loved ones dear. You can never know when misfortune will take them away.
>>
>>2291614
In case it isn't clear, she wasn't ill in the photo, just relaxed enough on my shoulder to doze off...
>>
>>2290064
Feg
>>
>>2291614
Qt what race mix are you
>>
>>2291617
She was a European short-hair, although she had remarkably soft fur...

If you're somehow talking to me, I'm German/west-Turkish, part Greek on the Turkish side.
>>
>>2291619
Talking to you, I love Caucasian middle eastern mixed men. Your partner is a lucky person. Enjoy the rest of your day
>>
>>2291614
Congratulations, op! Hope it happens to them all :']
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.