[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Catio thread!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

File: 703a256acaa2fef943784994e0bcc7e2.jpg (607KB, 1368x1080px) Image search: [Google]
703a256acaa2fef943784994e0bcc7e2.jpg
607KB, 1368x1080px
Or cat run, cat enclosure, whatever you want to call them.

Do you have one? Are they a good idea? An eyesore? Is it a good compromise in the endless indoor v outdoor cat debate?
>>
I let my cat run around outside and kill shit.
>>
If you have the money, I'm sure an outdoor area like pic related would be pretty good for any indoor pet who doesn't walk well on a leash. Pic related looks pretty boring, though. My cats love to be out on the porch, especially when we fill up the bird feeder.
>>
>>2289827

That (((American))) cat looks so happy
>>
I think they are a great for urban areas, and for cats with special needs.
Special needs cats include, cats that are declawed, kittens, those who wander, trouble maker cats (kill/get stuck in trees), and great in the event of bad weather or you are on a time restraint.
>>
File: IMG_5225.jpg (96KB, 412x364px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5225.jpg
96KB, 412x364px
>>
>>2289840
>Pic related looks pretty boring, though.
Compared to what?
>>
>>2289876
I'm not comparing it to anything. It looks boring, plain and simple. There's hardly anything for a cat to do out there; Just a ledge to sit on and a branch to walk across. I can't possibly imagine a cat having much fun in that. Putting a cat tree next to a window would cost less and have about the same effect.
>>
>>2289863
I don't care what trickles down to the economy from the likes of this. Some people just have too much money.
>>
>>2290027
>Putting a cat tree next to a window would cost less and have about the same effect.
I agree that it's kind of boring, because it's very small, but it's definitely not useless. If it's connected to the house via some kind of a tunnel, it can be very enjoyable for the cat to be able to get some fresh air and climb some natural wood.
>>
>>2290052
If he built it himself, it might not be that much. Looks like it's just wood planks and chicken wire.
>>
>>2290081
Yeah, but why would you spend all that money on such a nice looking catio and not even flesh it out any? It's certainly better than nothing, I'm not saying it's terrible, but I wouldn't go through all that just so the cat could have a goddamn hard ledge to lay on.

>>2290052
If you can't afford chicken wire and old wood, you're probably not the kind of person who's having anything "trickle down" to them. It does look nice for being what it is, though.
>>
I'm getting a cat balcony while I'm renting Because it's easy to take down, but I'd like one that goes to the ground so they can have grass. I found it gets very expensive when buying these things 'pre-built'. I've did my homework on the costs of building a larger, walk in one and it would actually be cheaper than buying one a quarter of the size. I don't think I can get one though without doing some massive work to the side of the house.

>>2290052
Honestly it looks like it was made from some old picket fence and wire. Both of which are very cheap.
>>
>>2289827
I usually put cats and kittens in the trash but if you wanna put one in a cage then go ahead
>>
>>2289827
How do you attach the hardware cloth to the steel tubing? Do you have to weld it?
>>
>>2291203
It's just pool safety fencing, but I'm sure if you got the right gage you could weld it on.
>>
This isn't the exact one I have, but I have a very similar chicken coop to this one that came with the house. Took forever to clean all the chicken shit out, but the cats really enjoy it. I'm always thinking I should connect it to the house somehow to let them come and go as they please, but it's never something I get around too.
>>
>>2289830
The way its suppose to be, animal liberation
>>
>>2291216
I can see that it's a bit wavy, but I assumed that was from unrolling it. It looks more like standard steel mesh than any pool netting I can find, and I'd be worried about the cat tearing through the mesh if that were the case.
>>
>>2291216
>>2291300
To be clear, I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just thinking out loud. I found a bigger version of that picture and it does look more like netting. I also realize the frame is wood and not steel tubing now.
>>
>>2291305
Huh, most pool fencing here is steel mesh, but yeah looks like that one is wood and nail. But you could attach hardware cloth to steel by welding or with zipties and epoxy.
>>
>>2289863
That "cat crossing" bridge looks like it would get terribly filthy. It'll inevitably get full of dirt, animal droppings, and get damaged overtime by rain water.

Climbing up on a ladder to clean the bridge would be so tedious and troublesome. The guy who made this had really good intentions, but I'm absolutely certain he's going to end up tearing it down within a few years.
>>
I had this really sad thought about cats that would actually be really fucking devastating if it ever happened.

Imagine that a cat's brain is slowly developing even into old age, which in reality we know isn't the case as a cat reaches peak maturity a year or two into their life, but imagine if right before they died of old age they reached human child level of intelligence and were able to say "I love you" sincerely in plain and clear English. Just the very thought of this makes me tear up.
>>
>>2291640
>toxoplasmosis and the damage done
Catfags everybody.
>>
>>2291642
Shut up, I'm just a sentimental faggot.
>>
>>2291644
Kek
Fair enough
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.