[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it offensive to not let people past a certain weight ride

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

What is everybody's opinions on morbidly obese people riding horses?

I personally have 3 horses and I feel really bad whenever I have to decline people from riding my horses since tons of people visit the facility I board at; but I'm deathly afraid of harming one of my horses' spines, or even get them killed. I've had some people tell me it's "fatshaming" or whatever for not letting people past a certain weight ride my horses because I go by the 20% rule meaning, If you're more than 20% of the horse's body weight you can't ride it.

I have a Draft cross in my mini herd of 3 that I let really big people ride who mind you, is the biggest horse at our mini facility of 5 horses total-- but even then sometimes people are too big for even the Draft and it makes me feel really bad.

What's everybody's thoughts on this?
>>
fuck em it's your horse
>>
Discriminating against fatties is nothing like discriminating against people for being a different race or gender. They had a choice and they made the decision to be fat. Fuck them.

That being said, there are ways around it if you really feel that bad about it

www.cc.com/video-clips/xvyhbs/nathan-for-you-horsey-rides-for-the-morbidly-obese
>>
>>2288683
If someone tells you that you are 'fatshaming'(KEK) because you dont want them to break your horses spine then tell them that they should be ashamed.
>>
>>2288690
this.

how can people that fat even get up on a horse?
>>
>>2288700
It is the same thing.

But anyway put a weight limit sign up.
>>
>>2288683
Don't feel bad at all. I would think you would rather be known as a fatshamer than a person who doesn't give shit about his animals and is willing to hurt those horses just to make a buck.
>>
Yeah dude, fuck them ,your animals' well being is more important that some fatty's self-esteem.
>>
>>2288683
Of course not. When I was a kid, I was denied for riding one of the ponies Because I was too big (I was already nearly a foot taller than most my class and overweight) and even as an emotional, impressionable kid my feelings were not hurt. They had me ride a big, old mare instead, who knew the routine so well she was able to walk along the pen alone without me having to do jack shit. I guess the difference here being I was still able to ride an animal in the end.

Some people just aren't able to do some things, especially if you're way over at one end of the spectrum. Denying fat people to ride horses for the health of the horse probably isn't as bad as when I deny the functioning retards to adopt animals. I bet they all got that idea from that one reality TV show where they let a stupidly obese women ride a poor horse for 10 minutes. If I were you I'd just make up an arbitrary weight limit for your horse and explain why you don't want to exceed that, tell them to go pay for an elephant ride instead. But in the end it's your fucking horse, you have the right to deny spics and niggers and Jews if you feel like it.
>>
No it's not offensive. The horse is a living thing and it has its limits, just like humans do. They need to accept that and fuck off.
>>
If people complain, off to let them ride the horses as long as they wear a harness tied to a bunch of weather balloons.
>>
>>2288700
Fat fuck here, I agree.

If you're too fat, you're too fat.

>>2288719
>It is the same thing.
No it's not, fuck off.
>>
not at all

i worked at a skydiving club that had a surprisingly low weight limit

plenty of healthy weight big people got turned away because it's simply unsafe for them to go
>>
File: pinkybrainshitposting.gif (495KB, 485x388px) Image search: [Google]
pinkybrainshitposting.gif
495KB, 485x388px
Well think of it this way, would you let a pet of your own die, just because some hedonistic obese cunt wanted to sit on it?
>>
Absolutely not.

I was too fat to horse so I lost 30lbs. Just encourages people to not be fat fucks.
>>
>>2288745
It's exactly the same thing. But like I sad put up a weight limit sign.
>>
>>2288906
>It's exactly the same thing.
No it's fucking not.

I'm fat because I'm lazy - and so is everyone else who is fat.
Sure, maintaining a healthy weight is harder for some people than it is for other, but it's still fucking possible.

Being prejudiced against fat people isn't anywhere close to being prejudiced against people for being black or shit like that.
>>
Nah fuck them OP it may seem a bit rude but you didnt make then gain weight. The wellbeing of your animal comes before someones feelimgs anyway. I mean shit ive seen mechanical bulls with weight limits.
>>
There's a difference with genuinely have difficulty with getting you arms and legs thin and being a fat blob. Being a disgusting fat blob is your own fucking choice and you should be bullied for it.

t.Was a 300 pound lardass
/fit/ works bro.
>>
>>2288907
It's okay the be prejudiced against blacks for all the things they do to everyone though. Fat people are fat and affect you personally.
>>
>>2288683

As a fat person, I would say no. The well-being and safety of your animals come first, and if someone presses it, they need to grow up a little.

If someone cries over fatphobia, they're fucking stupid. There's a huge (lel) difference between asking for larger clothing and demanding that an animal push itself past its limit and possibly injure itself just so I can ride it.
>>
>>2288916
Holy Christ that is some short bus shit logic there lil lady
>>
>>2288907
Why the fuck are you engaging it?
>>
>>2288683
Don't feel bad OP it's the right thing to do for your animals.
>>
>>2288916
I agree. Also most blacks are fat. Except those kids on tv who need pennies a day for some reason I think they go to a wishing well to wish for mcribs
>>
Tell 'em, "if you break it, you buy it".

Then go into a very detailed list of the costs of owning such a large animal per year, and finish it up by the amount of weight the horse can carry before it's spine snaps, and how muchthe vet bill will be when you inevitibly have to put it down.

Don't let them interrupt till your dome talking.
>>
>>2288719
How is it the same thing? Race and gender aren't a choice but being a fat fucking slob looking to break a horse's back is.
>>
>>2289054
0/10
>>
>>2288719
I really want to. My step uncle came over a few months ago-- hes around 380 pounds and my Draft cross' limit is 320lbs.

Needless to say he chimped out when I told him no.
>>
Some people are naturally chubby but if you can't even ride a draft horse you are eating like a pig on weed.
>>
>>2289082
Either that or you have a serious health problem you need to get under control.
I'm a lazy chubby fuck at 220, and I have always been but I really wonder about the people who let themselves get like 400-500 lbs. You almost have to be trying.
>>
>>2288683
It's like telling them they can't go on a theme park ride because they risk falling out and dying horribly. Only difference is they get mad because it's the horse whose life they're risking and not their own.
>>
Look at it this way. Yes, its offensive, because you are literally saying that theyre fat. In a normal conversation, you dont just out and say that. But how would you feel if they hurt one of your horses because you didnt tell want to tell them no? Serious physical injury is worse than some feelings being hurt. Put up a weight limit sign, and have it explicitly say the reasons as to why that weight limit exists. Horse weighs x pounds, and its recommended that they dont carry loads that exceed 20% of x due to fears of spinal damage
>>
>>2288683
It is offensive, but who gIves a shit? Life's not fair.
>>
You did nothing wrong OP.
Lemme say this as a pretty fat guy, some people need to accept that with more weight = more pressure put on anything you stand on.
When people talk about fatshaming I mostly agree, but I think everyone needs to be more accepting of the facts of fatness, including those fat people.
Fat people with delusions of not being frustrate me. Just fucking accept the limitations your body has or try and fix them.
>>
>>2288683
>too fat for a draft horse
Dear lord, how would you have even gotten them on the horse? With a crane?
>>
Nah it's not OP. Treating someone like a piece of shit or subhuman for being fat is bad, but that's not the same thing as expecting them to understand their physical limitations. Unless you're making a point to humiliate them or something, the only one they should be pissed with is themselves for whatever led them to be that fat to begin with
>>
>>2288683
I don't understand how people could possibly think you're "fatshaming" for not letting people past a certain weight on your horses if you're explaining your reasoning to them, although it should be obvious.
>>
>>2288683
Offensive? No. If you can't fit in regular size clothes, and you are so big it effects other aspects of life (airplane seats, amusement Park rides, etc) then it shouldn't surprise you that you are too heavy to be carried across a horses back. Not only should it not surprise you, but you really don't have the right to be offended anyway. PC bullshit is the only reason anybody is "offended" when in fact it actually considered common sense.
>>
File: fbc.jpg (30KB, 609x340px) Image search: [Google]
fbc.jpg
30KB, 609x340px
>>2288734
>elephant ride
>>
File: poni.png (646KB, 650x805px) Image search: [Google]
poni.png
646KB, 650x805px
>>2288683
No, it's for the animal's health. You shouldn't feel bad.
>>
>>2290557
that is depressing beyond all fuck pls delete
>>
>>2290497
It's the same reasoning people use to sue hospitals for not having MRI machines that could support something heavier than 300 pounds and larger than a 200 inch circumference.
>>
>>2288683
How fucking fat is Rick Ross because Dan Blocker from Bonanza was a big mother fucker and he was shown several times riding a horse.
>>
>>2291357
Ross apparently swung himself up and literally jumped onto the horse's back.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.