[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree the pitbull breed should be banned?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

Do you agree the pitbull breed should be banned?
>>
>>2287359
Only things that need banning are shit owners and shit breeders
>>
>>2287359
they should also be exterminated, along with the people that own them.
>>
You do realize that's not a pitbull right
>>
I would argue that the breed has been tainted from too many generations of bad owners and cannot be "fixed" on a genetic level. They are now predisposed to aggression. And finding a breeder with a very long pedigree of untainted, unabused ownership is basically out of the question.

In short, yes.
>>
>>2287359
All breeding not specifically geared towards improving genetic health & temperament should be banned. So, yes, most breeding of all breeds should be banned.
>>
>>2287366
Pitbull apologist fuck off
>>
>>2287359
>pit bull bait thread
>posts the most well known non-pit bull dog there is
well gee
>>
>>2287359

I think shit owners should be banned. Or just shot. The dogs are extremely malleable. People are fucking cunts.
>>
>>2287398
What is it? If it's the dog I'm thinking of isn't it just some huge mutt they are just trying to make bank off of with puppies?
>>
>>2287363
>>2287399
I Make your words mine.
>>
>>2287398
>>posts the most well known non-pit bull dog there is
I have no idea what kind of dog that it
>>
>>2287359
make a strawpoll so i an vote yes!
>>
>>2287359
I'm not the biggest fan of mastiffs, mainly because they get so much health problems.
>>
>>2287390
>can't tell the difference between a pitbull and a fat mastiff mutt
stop taking about dogs like your opinion means anything
>>
>>2287400
>>2287404
He's a badly bred fat mastiff mix that they're calling a special XXL pitbull to dupe people into paying for extremely overpriced puppies
>>
>>2287400
Yes basically. It's a mastiff mix. Pit bull type breeds (APBT, AmStaff, StaffBull, and sometimes Bull terrier) don't go over 60lbs healthy. Notice how they don't say what breed he is, just 'pit bull'. Pit bull is not a breed in itself.

Look up the people who created Hulk with their breeding; it's a little niglet and his coke head GF that breed pit bulls for personal protection. Last I heard Hulk's stud fee was over 10k.
>>
>>2287456

Thats why you get a Mastiff mix and feed a decent diet and give it plenty of exercise. I feel at least I am in with a chance to get 8+ years out of him.
>>
>>2287500

Raw meat.
>>
>>2287359
Dude. Pitbull is not a breed.
>>
Pitbulls are not the problem. Their genetics are not "tainted" and also you shouldn't be buying from a breeder in the first place when so many animals in shelters need homes. Anyone on here who is bitching about how breeders ruined them are a part of the problem. Stop buying dogs when you should be adopting. Pitbulls as a breed are not the problem, it's shit owners and breeders. >>2287380
>>
>>2287508
I hate people like you.
>>
>>2287508
>implying the majority of people want 10 years of torture with a scarred dog that will be a nightmare to train when you can just get a calm submissive properly bred pup for a couple bucks that has not been abused.

People like you are the reason many hate dogs because they end up getting demons from shelters and have no idea what they're getting into and will spend the rest of the dog's life throwing money down the drain with nothing but sadness to show at the end of the arduous journey.

TLDR: Not everyone has the time and energy to rehabilitate a dog.
>>
>>2287565
Not all shelter dogs are demons. Some end up in the shelter because of the owner's problems, not the dog's.
>>
File: vvv.jpg (33KB, 480x360px)
vvv.jpg
33KB, 480x360px
AYO HOL UP
>*barks at literally nothing for several hours*
LEMME GET THIS STRAIT
>*attacks toddler unprovoked*
YOU BE SAYIN... LIKE..
>*vomits unidentifiable bile on carpet*
WE WUZ...SUM...
>*farts rancid corpse gas*
SUM FINNA
>*kills neighbour cat*
LIKE... SUM FINNA
>*tears brand new $7000 mattress to pieces*
...WE WUZ SUM
>*consistently stinks like putrid shit*
MANS BEST FRIEN
>*gets hit by a car*
>>
>>2287565
>implies that all shelter dogs are scarred/abused
>uses the term "submissive" like it's a good thing
>"properly bred pup for a couple bucks"
>"couple bucks" when it's really in the thousands from reputable breeders

m8
>>
>>2287587
2/10, you almost got me to reply seriously.
>>
>>2287587
That one looks cute
>>
>>2287640
He looks like a buff missile or torpedo.

Which is a good thing.
>>
>>2287468
https://www.darkdynastyk9s.com/

for those that want to check out this fuckery
>>
>>2287359
>>2287658
That dog looks like a dogue de bordeaux on steroids with cropped ears.
>>
>>2287718

Or its just fat.
>>
>>2287543
thanks for letting us know, faggot. now suck my dick

>>2287565
>Not everyone has the time and energy to rehabilitate a dog.
not every dog from a shelter is a psychological wreck??
literally just ask the staff, they will tell you about problems, back-history and requirements for the dog you want to adopt.

tbqfh you sound like a projecting faggot
>>
>>2287756
I find a lot of the people who act like that are thinking more of the older style low income mupicinal shelters that basically got stray dogs in and let you just fork over $50 for whichever dog you want no questions asked and it was a complete game of chance on how the dog would behave since none of the workers knew shit about them individually. Nowadays it's a much more refined process though. Like how a lot of shelters have you sign a waiver if you are adopting a dog with potentially problematic behavior, and reputable trainers on staff to help curb problem behaviors before they start or to give them a jump start on combating them

I can tell you that easily 90% of the time we get someone who is angry and frustrated because of the behavior from their adopted dog, it's something that we fucking told them about beforehand and they brushed off for whatever reason, usually because the dog is pretty or some shit and they assumed they're some magical dog whisperer and don't have to listen to anything anyone else tells them

Yeah shelters have some problem dogs (in addition to a lot of amazing really nice dogs that don't deserve to be shit on like that guy is), but if you go to a good reputable organization then they will know which ones are the crazies and which aren't and be able to give you info on their behavior
>>
Pit Bull bans should require a license, a license you can only get through passing a class. The problem with pit bulls is that they can do a lot of damage when they do attack people or other dogs, and the likeiness of them attacking goes up when they've been raised by assholes that pitbulls tends to attract.
>>
>>2288492
Typo :( Pit bulls should require a license
>>
>>2287658
Pretty sure this image is what made me racist. God, fuck niggers. Why's it always blacks breeding shit "pits" for money?
>>
>>2288501
I'll be honest, I've never met a reputable black breeder of anything.
>>
>>2287359
I said this on Facebook yesterday and I will pretty much repeat here. This picture is an example of a family/house dog, his name is whiskey. He is a cocker spaniel, he was bred from many generations of gundogs to be a companion for humans for example hunting. As a result he is an extremely loyal and sociable dog, for example he loves playing with kids and meeting new people on walks. I own one because I want a dog as a companion to love.

A pitbull was bred to kill other dogs not to be a companion. Unless you are owning one to use for dogfights then it has no use and even then you shouldn't be allowed near a dog.

>In b4 some faggot says but any dogs can be aggressive

Yeah I am aware any dog can turn on its owner. But who would you rather get bitten by ?
>Whiskey, a six month old cocker spaniel with a four inch snout and barely any muscle
Or
>A pitbull which is almost entirely made of muscle and Has jaws the size of a humans face that can actually lock shut and has been bred to have an instinct to kill, not hurt but kill
>>
>>2289243
>The infamous “locking jaw” myth has been assigned to a variety of dog breeds, including the American Staffordshire Terrier, Bulldog and Boxer, but it's exactly that — a myth. No type of dog has been found to have a mechanism that enables them to “lock” their top and bottom jaws together.

Literally the first google result. Also:

>Temperament

Although individual differences in personality exist, common traits exist throughout the Staffords. Due to its breeding, and history, the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is known for its character of fearlessness and loyalty.[13] This, coupled with its affection for its friends, its off-duty quietness and trustworthy stability, make it a foremost all-purpose dog.[9]

The breed is naturally muscular and may appear intimidating; however, because of their natural fondness for people, most Staffords are temperamentally ill-suited for guard or attack-dog training. Staffordshire Bull Terrier puppies are very easy to house train.[14]

Staffordshire Bull Terriers are friendly, enthusiastic and usually extremely affectionate[15] towards humans. They express their affection through jumping up, nuzzling, licking[16] and pawing, and even when trained can still be 'fussy' with owners and others. Staffordshires are perhaps not suitable pets for those who prefer more reserved dogs. Staffordshires are notably adaptable in terms of changing home or even owners, and unfortunately this can make them easy prey for dognappers.[17]

RSPCA chief vet Mark Evans said: "Staffies have had a terrible press, but this is not of their own making—in fact they're wonderful dogs. If people think that Staffies have problems, they're looking at the wrong end of the dog lead! When well cared for and properly trained they can make brilliant companions. Our experience suggests that problems occur when bad owners exploit the Staffie's desire to please by training them to show aggression."[18]

From wikipedia.
>>
>>2289243

http://www.aspca.org/about-us/aspca-policy-and-position-statements/position-statement-pit-bulls
>>
>>2289243

http://www.humanesociety.org/issues/breed-specific-legislation/fact_sheets/breed-specific-legislation-no-basis-in-science.html
>>
>>2289248
Why does that necessarily mean it should be kept as a pet ?. Lions in captivity have a calm temperament around handlers also, yet nobody would keep one as a pet. There is a Huge variety of dogs to choose from that haven't been bred as killing machines. Literally Google a breed you like and find a licenced breeder. The difference like I implied is that should you ever piss a dog off or it has a bad owner if a pitbull bites you it can clearly do a significantly greater amount of damage to a human than almost any other breed. Not to mention since they have been bred to fight other dogs shit like this happens
https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=e-A47zMmUCE
>>
>>2289254
>Comparing a wild animal to a dog that has been bred in captivity for hundreds of years

Pft, ok buddy.
>>
>>2289254
Honestly dude, owning a dog over 40 pounds is dangerous, period. Any dog can bite. Any dog can maul.
>>
>>2289268
Yeah except once it has a disproportionate amount of body muscle and huge jaws that is where I draw the line
>>
>>2289276
Pussy
>>
File: pb.jpg (99KB, 966x446px)
pb.jpg
99KB, 966x446px
>>2289248
They don't have some kind of lock mechanism on their jaws, but they are more dog-aggressive and tenacious than the average dog, and their bites can be more serious. They tend to grab a hold and shake their victim, tearing their flesh. Because of their strong determination, they can keep attacking the victim even while their owner makes attempts to restrain them. Pitbull owners are recommended to own a break stick that can forcibly pry open the dog's jaws.
Even if there's no actual functioning lock, the end result is the same; they grab a hold and refuse to let go.
>>
>>2289268
Some pitbulls run around 30-35 lbs, so that should be lowered to 25-30
lbs dog can be dangerous

I actually had to go to the hospital because of a Yorkshire terrier mix. I had to force feed him life saving medicine, and he bit my hand down to the fat and muscle. You could see every single tooth in his head imprinted on my hand. I got bit because I underestimated him, I didn't think he could do any decent damage. After all he was small enough to drown in a toilet. I couldn't go to work for 3 weeks and when I came back I was light duty for months
>>
>>2287359
First this pic not a pitbull. İts hybrit breed.

i have lots of pitbulls and they are really friendly. Bad owners make them dangerious.

pic related my girl.
>>
>>2287658
Hulk is not a fucking PITBULL
>>
>>2289358
Gonna be honest, it looks like one of those American bully monsters with how it's front legs and toes are set
>>
>>2287587
10/10 i'm literally dying

here's your dots you glorious bastard.
>>
that's a big guy
>>
>>2289358
WHAT THE FUCK ARE THOSE EARS OH MY GOD THEY WERE SO FLOPPY BUT YOU RUINED THEM DIE FUCKER DIE
>>
>>2289432
i adopted her. shes ears already taken from her. its not my fault.
>>
File: 20161205_194937.jpg (730KB, 2268x1776px)
20161205_194937.jpg
730KB, 2268x1776px
best dog I've ever had he is unnaturally sweet and caring
>>
File: welw.png (44KB, 198x255px)
welw.png
44KB, 198x255px
>tfw pitbull owner with 7 adults and a toddler in my house and the dog is getting agressive because the toddler slapped him twice while no one as looking
She wasn't EVER agressive before this, and i'm afraid that she will hold a grudge agaisn't the little shit.
I don't know what to do now, if she bits the kid, i'm gonna have to put her down, and i'm fucking love that stupid dog.
>>
>>2289587
Don't let the kid and dog be together unsupervised, ever. This goes for any fucking dog, not just certain breeds.
>>
File: CARALHO.gif (919KB, 367x490px)
CARALHO.gif
919KB, 367x490px
>>2289591
Obviously.
They weren't unsupervised, if they were he would've been bitten and i would now have a dead dog.
We just got distracted and the little shit thought he could do anything he wanted.
I'm also somehow the only one who noticed, somehow no one else heard the sound of him slapping her nose or she getting seriously distressed while i held her to stop an possible atack.
>>
>>2289593
If you can't watch them while they are together then keep them seperated.
>>
>>2289587
A steady calm dog should always just distance itself from an annoyance, I don't like children but I don't justify a dog being at risk of attacking a child for a little slap.
>>
Why the fuck is it always spindly middle aged women with pitbulls?
>>
>>2289587
>>2289593
>held her
Damn Pits are violent OP is right about that
>>
>>2289243
I have owned cockers and they have been lovely but theyre known to have some kinda neurological "rage" syndrome. Not happened to me or anyone i know who've had them but its there.

I do however agree with your statement here
>>2289254
Theyre an image dog. That is all.
>>
>>2287508
A part of what you say is true. Unfortunately aggression is something that can be bred and becomes hereditary.
Source: animal science major with a focus on animal training and breeding.

Not much of a source i know but hey this is a moroccan donkey racing forum after all.
>>
>>2287587
>*barks at literally nothing for several hours*
That's what the micro dogs do.

>*kills neighbour cat*
What the hell was the neighbour cat doing on your property.

>*tears brand new $7000 mattress to pieces*
Congratulation on being a shit owner unable to train your pet

>*consistently stinks like putrid shit*
Congratulation on being a shit owner x2
>>
>>2288501
Where do you see a black in that image?
>>
>>2289350
>They tend to grab a hold and shake their victim, tearing their flesh.
All the dogs do that, my labrador do that and my cousin's pug do that too

> they grab a hold and refuse to let go.
Again that's not a pit bull only thing and can be seen in the other dogs too.
>>
Dindu nuffin: the animal
I hope more babies get eaten by them
>>
>>2289350

The only reason they appear to "lock on" is because people are trying to pull them off. Its like when your bite building in a other dog, he wont let go for fear of not getting another bite.

Pitbulls will generally keep biting until they get down to the brisket of the other dog and chew through killing it.
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.