[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does this creep up on people without them realising? That dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 8

File: Screenshot_20161223-064501.jpg (2MB, 1436x1810px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161223-064501.jpg
2MB, 1436x1810px
Does this creep up on people without them realising? That dog must be nearly 250lb.
>>
File: 1466596236310.jpg (126KB, 768x1024px)
1466596236310.jpg
126KB, 768x1024px
>>
>>2285499
>>2285640
These tear me up inside

What gorgeous doggos, guilty of nothing but trusting their owners
>>
>>2285499
I work in a doggy daycare and we have a 3-year old bernese mountain dog who has got to be over 200 pounds. She can barely support her own weight. She lays on the floor breathing heavily and when she does get up she struggles. We try to make her do laps around the facility but she can't go for much longer than 30 seconds without collapsing. My boss brought it up to the owner in September and the reasoning was "well in the summer she doesn't like to go outside" which is ridiculous. A few weeks ago the owner said to me "she seems awfully low energy, do you think it's her weight?"

It makes me so sad because the dog's tail wags like crazy and she WANTS to run and play with everyone else but her body literally can't do those basic activities anymore
>>
>>2285675
Terrible. Especially because berners love to work.

People think this shit is cute and funny. I don't get why people are proud of their fat dogs instead of being proud of having a healthy, well trained doggo. Oh wait, I do know. Because they are fat fucks who don't get off the couch all day and think their dog is the same as having a child
>>
>>2285684

Im a fat fuck and my pup got me off the couch, I am pretty proud of his condition and I am losing weight and getting fit too. I just need to be as motivated to meal prep for myself as I am for him.
>>
>>2285691

Same. I got a dog with Dalmatian in him and I had to go from no activity to 1+ hours of walking (not counting flirt pole and fetch and training). I'm determined to keep healthy. My inlaws have a dachshund that's 45 lbs. and it breaks my heart.
>>
>>2285691
Nice work. I was bummed when I got my puppy because I had been walking 5 miles a day playing pokemon go and then I couldn't do that anymore because puppers can't go that far. She's a berner so I don't want to fuck her hips up while she's a puppy. I try to keep it to 20 minute walks for now.
>>
>>2285499
What I will never get is how animals in US are now getting as obese as people. I get it that junk food is cheap and calorie dense. But you don't feed your dog Coke and burgers… right?…
>>
File: 1422030118388.jpg (56KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1422030118388.jpg
56KB, 500x500px
>>2285711
>But you don't feed your dog Coke and burgers… right?…
>>
>>2285711
Not sure what pet food is like else where but our choices for dog food is horrendous unless youre paying 40 bucks a bag. It's gotten better.
>>
>>2285726
I'm Russian and most people here simply feed their dogs meat/bones. I'm yet to see an obese Russian dog. Even those who feed their pets dog food have healthy and fit doggos.

Is it really THAT bad in US, where you have ridiculously huge choice of dog food brands?
>>
Almost every house in our neighborhood has a bored, fat dog in the backyard.

I wonder if I can make some cash by playing with them. Maybe $10 for ten minutes or some shit.
>>
>>2285731
the problem usually lies in how lazy the owners are. a common occurrence is a dog that goes outside to a yard, only to pee, and is then brought inside and is seldom if ever played with.

terrible cases are when the owners do that and just keep the dog bowl full at all times, bc "he ate it, he must still be hungry!!!"
>>
>>2285731
I didn't mean to imply our choice of dog foods were lacking was the only or Maine reason why dogs get fat. They just really don't help and often cause health problems. A dog fed a healthy diet will still get fat if it's overfed and not excerised. I think it's also normal here to use dogs as a garbage disposal (I do within reason) for left overs. I have no doubt some people cook actual human meals for them.
>>
File: fatdog.jpg (113KB, 1023x682px) Image search: [Google]
fatdog.jpg
113KB, 1023x682px
>>
>>2285726
It's more to do with calories. CICO works on dogs just like it does in humans.
>>
>>2285733
>I wonder if I can make some cash by playing with them. Maybe $10 for ten minutes or some shit.
yeah, someone's going to be all "honey lets pay that weird kid from down the street 60 motherfucking dollars an hour to play with our dog"
>>
>>2285675
Lol you're the same people who make fun of obese kids. Same thing. Parents feed the kids shot and there isn't much the kids can do about it or starve.
>>
>>2285791
I don't blame the dog at all, where did you get that? I said I feel bad for the dog and think the owner's excuses are ridiculous
>>
>>2285786

>implying lazy people don't pay for someone else to take care of their problems for them

I take it you've never seen professional dog walkers. The ones around here charge $50 per dog for a walk that's usually just long enough for the dog to shit.
>>
>>2285640
That dogs owners need to be euthanized.. this is abuse
>>
>>2285786

>what is literally any service based on convenience
>>
>>2285822
>>2285811
>>2285786
The difference is that most neglectful owners wouldn't really see that as a "service". In their eyes there's nothing wrong with their morbidly obese dog so why would they pay someone to fix a problem that, in their eyes, doesn't exist.
>>
>>2285831

I don't know, I know a ton of people who "just feel SO bad~" about their dog's lack of exercise but they "just don't have the time~!" I'm sure I can drum up at least three who'll pay for a 30-minute exercise session a couple times a week.

Obviously, this is just a side job, but it'd be something to do.
>>
>>2285499
I mean, I guess obesity in pets can creep up on you, but surely there's got to be a point at which you sit back and think: "This degree of weight gain in this animal is alarming. Do I need to reconsider the diet and exercise this animal is receiving?" But maybe that's more common sense than some people have, and they just feed their dog whenever it looks hungry or they free feed or they feed it to make it love them. And I suspect poor quality dog food may be somehow involved, too.

I mean, some dogs might have thyroid issues, but there's medication for that, so it isn't really an excuse. Some dogs might have joint issues, and not be inclined to exercise, but if that's the case then you really need to be cutting back caloric intake and reducing weight to ease pressure on those sore joints.

>>2285684
I'm a fat fuck. Iguess I have okay diet and exercise but take like 8 medications that cause weight gain no matter what I do. Regardless, I keep my dogs on the lean side of normal. I like to see a rib or two on a deep inhale. I like to feel spine and ribs and hips. I like a nice tuck and visible waist and hard muscle over bone. The vet scored them both as 4 on the scale of 1 to 9, where 1 is emaciated and 9 is morbidly obese, so mine are perfect. They're exercised twice per day, more in the morning. They're fed good, high protein food. Their teeth are clean and their coats are soft. I take immense pride in their sheer physicality, even as they age.

Being proud of a fat dog is something I've never been able to understand because it's basically just being proud of the cruelty you're inflicting.
>>
I have 5 really fit dogs, 3 of which are chihuahuas, but the 6th dog we got back after we sold him as a puppy, the owner fixed him way to early and then fed him nothing but catfood.... a 27 lbs chihuahua.... sweetest dog too, but he still weighs 14 lbs to this day. Owner claims she became alergic to him.... 9 years into owning him. She now has 2 new puppies, one of which is fat. Some people are not fit to care for other animals.
>>
File: 5345330979_5c0950035b_b.jpg (342KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
5345330979_5c0950035b_b.jpg
342KB, 1024x768px
>>2285987
How do you even make a chihuahua fat? I mean, they're tiny and have to run a lot, right?
>>
>>2285996
Exactly. I was so pissed with this woman. I took him back though because he's a sweetheart
>>
>>2285718
I used to buy the biggest burger with the biggest size at burgher kind, it was almost two pounds plus big onion rings and soda once a month
I never finished the burgers so my dog could have the rest, he lived 15 years and didn't go blind or dear like it's common with his kind
People should stop adopting dogs from the shelter, shelter dogs live less and get tons of problems mine was bred from two prize winning dogs and was really strong and lived a long floor life
>>
>>2285771

I thought it was a cow from the thumbnail
>>
>>2285640
This could be the plot to the greatest harem anime ever made.
>>
>>2286322
wew
>>
>>2286255

I want to take you seriously but you're typing like your fingers are too fat for the keys.
>>
>>2286172
I'm glad you did. People act as if they aren't ruining dogs' lives
>>
File: shibe fat.jpg (248KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
shibe fat.jpg
248KB, 1280x960px
It's especially sad to see when people get some nice breed dog and then just neglect it. Picrelated looks like shiba inu, although this might be one of the similar breeds. The breed is known for being smart and loyal, and I don't know how it is in US, but in Russia these puppies go for a pretty penny. So why get a shiba inu if you refuse to give your dog basic care is beyond me.
>>
>>2286502
Yeah... he's my big ole boy. Has to take water pills every day, but he's not in pain. Him and his mother are both probably going to die in the next year, but she is 16 years old, and he is 12. I'm gonna be sad when doggo goes
>>
>>2286599
At least he will spend his last years happily.
>>
>>2286611
Yeah. He is developing a cough that has me scared, but he knows to go lay down when he starts coughing. It's congestive heart failure, I don't need a vet for that. I won't put him under the knife at this age. Not worth the suffering at this age. Dogs aren't meant to live forever
>>
Merry Christmas /an/. Remember to spend at least 20 minutes exercising your dog today. Good health is the best gift you can give them!
>>
>>2286615
Are you putting him down? There's medication to alleviate the congestion and you can use a vaporizer to help him breathe better. The old as shit family dog lived 7 months on medication and was happy to still be around, I know at that point it's just a matter of time but you can give your doggo a happy last few months for you to spoil him rotten.
>>
>>2288667
Oh, he's on meds, and he's not in pain so I will let him carry on, but im not allowing the vet do surgery on him. He would never recover enough for the quality of life to be worth it it.
>>
>>2286826
My pupper is pooped today from having a dozen little kids over last night. He goes out to pee, and then flops right back down in his bed.
>>
>>2290486

Still counts! Good job anon.
>>
>>2285711
Overfeeding is certainly part of it, but apparently there's even lab animals receiving standardized diets gaining weight:
http://www.nature.com/news/2010/101124/full/news.2010.628.html
>>
File: ppp.jpg (264KB, 1224x933px) Image search: [Google]
ppp.jpg
264KB, 1224x933px
>>2286826
>family visiting brought their doggo over the holidays
>in addition to her normal walks Brutus has had nonstop puppy playtime with a new friend

Really makes me wish a second dog was feasible for me, having two in the house was incredible
>>
>>2290593
Toller, or a Golden mutt?

Glad to see Brutus doesn't have that genetic Pitbull dog aggression.
>>
File: sadasd.jpg (331KB, 1304x977px) Image search: [Google]
sadasd.jpg
331KB, 1304x977px
>>2290596
Toller, super sweet pupper but high strung as fuck, she almost died to Addison's disease not too long ago but they started treatment just in time

I'll take my hardy pitbull any day
>>
>>2285864
>>2285733
I think it would be a lot easier to sell if you went the traditional "dog walker" route rather than offering to play with the dogs in people's own back yards.
>>
What are you talking about? They're clearly both pitbulls.
>>
>>2290593
Those two are beautiful
>>
>>2286348
>/an/ literal faggots try to get salty
please, please don't bother
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.