[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wing clipping

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Wing_Clipping.jpg (56KB, 359x269px) Image search: [Google]
Wing_Clipping.jpg
56KB, 359x269px
enlighten me on wing clipping. is it true it helps to calm nervous birds? any arguments against it?
>>
>>2284501
There's nothing about wing clipping that calms birds down. They don't understand what it is. All they know is that the next time they try to fly (like if they get scared) they will fall to the ground instead which stresses them even more.

If you take proper safety measures to prevent your bird from getting out and obvious things like turning fans off, there is no reason to clip a birds wings. I have three birds; two don't even care to fly and are more climbers, but one of the tiels does love to do a few laps around the house to stretch his wings. I see no reason to take that away from him.

Also, if you have birds and dogs/cats in the same house, NEVER CLIP. It doesn't matter how much you trust your pets, all it takes is one scratch or bite and your bird is dead. At least with the ability to fly they have a chance at getting away.
>>
it can cause them to develop biting issues if you're not careful because in flight or fight situations they realize that they can't flight and learn to use fighting to get their way instead
>>
>>2284501
Like cutting your dogs paws off, cuz ur afraid it'll run away
>>
>>2286206
It would be like that if dogs had other ways of getting around, if paws grew back, and if it was painless to lop them off. I don't agree with keeping birds in general, but spread your peta shit elsewhere.
>>
>>2284501
what? that sounds like the most stressful thing you could do to a bird

>>2286342
>spread your peta shit elsewhere

>I don't agree with keeping birds in general
that second one sounds very peta though
>>
File: IMG_5206.jpg (56KB, 525x680px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5206.jpg
56KB, 525x680px
>>2286342
It's like trimming nails, but sadder.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.