[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vegan

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_6254.png (555KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6254.png
555KB, 750x1334px
Hey /an/, an vegans in here?
>>
>>2283706
*any
ugh
>>
>>2283706
I was vegan for 3 years, stopped for some reason after I got married. I felt amazing and healthy for the three years I was vegan.
>>
I'm not. It's impractical because of pre-existing medical dietary restrictions. Were I to adopt a vegan diet, I would quickly develop multiple deficiencies.
>>
Most people here love animals because they're animals, not people. Vegans consider animals to be people so they're rare here. Good thing, I have to say.
>>
I have a policy for myself to eat less animal products, accumulate less waste, buy less, and use less electricity/gas as much as possible.

More and more, however, do I find myself retracting from eating meat. The only meat I eat nowadays is chicken/turkey, and that's like maybe once or twice a month.

My favorite meat use to be fish, but since I got big into keeping an aquarium; I can't eat it anymore. The smell and sight of it makes me sick.

I would love to someday hunt for my meat all together, and keep a small farm. My SO comes from a culture where every piece of an animal is eaten (I've seen her eat heart, gizzards, eyes, intestines etc.). So the animals I would kill would be consumed entirely.

Also killing my own meat and farming at least I know the more frequent meat eaters in my family won't be contributing to Factory farming (myself included).
>>
File: Vegan-Kitty-Nearly-Dies.jpg (44KB, 500x448px) Image search: [Google]
Vegan-Kitty-Nearly-Dies.jpg
44KB, 500x448px
>>2283706

>>2277801

Did you even look at the catalog?
>>
I think it's dumb that vegans won't drink milk or eat honey.

Would you be so against me owning a cow and just milking and consuming its milk with no intention of ever slaughtering it?
Or if I became a beekeeper and meticulously cared for bees and protected them from sickness and predators in exchange for taking their abundant amounts of honey?
>>
File: 1476844307014.jpg (47KB, 564x400px) Image search: [Google]
1476844307014.jpg
47KB, 564x400px
>>2283879
>>2283879
I just became vegan because I don't like the idea of drinking fluid that came from some gladular tissue. Weirds me out. That's all
>>
>>2283879
And no I wouldn't be against it
>>
>>2283879
Look into factory farming and the dairy industry. Dairy isn't bad on a small level but factory farming is an entirely different thing.
>>
>>2283706
I'm vegan for nearly nine months and I haven't eaten meat for nearly two years. The only thing that sucks about it is that I adore cats and would like to adopt one or two some day but I can't do it because they're cute little carnivores and I'm not paying for animal products. Feels bad.
>>
>>2284629
You should restrict your vegan faith to yourself.

If you happen to be out in nature and see a bird ripping a rat apart with its beak and talons, you shouldn't attempt to stop the bird. That's just nature.

Facilitate the nature of cats by giving them meat.
>>
>>2284629
Consider making your own cat food with meat that is sourced sustainably? Catinfo.org has a great guide to making food.
>>
I've been a vegetarian for 2 years. I'm interested in being vegan but I haven't gotten around to trying it. I need to research the diet more so I don't fuck up and become ill.

My reasons for being veggie is more about the meat industry and how messed up it is. I want to have my own backyard chickens some day so if I was "vegan" I'd probably still eat their eggs. I couldn't bring myself to kill an animal though, so i wouldn't be capable of raising meat for myself.

It doesn't bother me if people are meat eaters and I always hate when people ask irl why I'm veg. I don't want to sound some annoying prick, so I usually evade the question haha.
>>
I'm 22 and I've been vegan for over 2 years.

I don't really consider myself to be an animal lover, I just think they deserve better.
>>
File: smug statue.jpg (79KB, 487x563px) Image search: [Google]
smug statue.jpg
79KB, 487x563px
Veganiggers, what is some greenery that is both palatable and nutritious? I'm dubious about trusting your warped tastes, but I'm pursuing a patrician diet full of greens and lean meats and the only heavily nutritious green I enjoy eating is cabbage.
>>
So what if you eat only meat that you've hunted/raised and killed humanely? Why don't most vegans - the ones that supposedly are only vegan because of inhumane factory farming - just do this instead? Or better yet why not buy locally farmed animals raised in good pastures?
Going vegan seems a bit extreme if only for torturous factory farms; I feel a lot of them just don't like the knowledge of things dying.

>>2284994
I think you need /fit/ friend
>>
>>2284994
My personal favourites are broccoli, kale and asparagus.

>>2284998
The main reason I went vegan was to reduce animal cruelty. I don't really understand the concept of slaughter being humane, you'd still be prematurely ending an animal's life. I don't have a problem with people eating roadkill (assuming they didn't purposely hit the animal) but I wouldn't do it myself.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.