[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trophy Hunting?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

What's do you think about trophy hunting /an/? Have you ever done it yourself?
>>
Hunting just for the purpose of having a piece of the animal to display is scummy as fuck, especially if the animal is endangered or vulnerable.
Hunting for an actual purpose such as food or to keep the population down when they are overpopulated as fuck is a legit reason.
>>
>>2282899
I agree that the carcass of the animal ends up feeding starving Africans and a lot of the animals trophy hunters kill are raised for that purpose, like cattle in America. But I only disagree with the undeniable fact the people doing it are being allowed to purchase ego boosters that get if from taking a life. It's pretty weird when you look beyond "oh nooo pretty defenseless animal is getting killed" and focus on wait, why does that guy get a thrill from killing? Ask yourself if most trophy hunters if they had the option to buy the right to kill a human with a rifle- would they? For alot of small dicked trophy hunters it seems like yes.

Tldr it just all seems plain weird to me
>>
I don't understand why anyone would do it, but it's a necessary evil for now.
>>
>>2282899
the hunting is going to happen no matter what, you can make it legal to shoot a couple a year and charge out the ass to make money for conservation efforts, or you can watch em get poached choice is yours.
>>
>>2282899
If the species is not in danger.
If you have mercy with the way in which you kill
If it has a purpose (like food or materials)
If the animal is a pest
If someone is in danger

But killing as a sport and then not doing anything with thw kill is something really dark. Life is highly precious and killing for fun is an empty act.

People who do this don't apreciate life because of ignorance and it's not really their fault. They just don't know they are destroying themselves
>>
>>2282939
people get ego boosts from all sorts of stupid shit, like spending more on a car or getting a score 5 points higher than the next guy in a video game. that any weirder than hunting?
>>
>>2282976
This. Plus the ones auctioned for hunts tend to be elderly infertile members. It weirdly benefits conservation efforts.
>>
>>2282979
Those activities don't involve killing something though. There's something specifically strange about getting ego boost from Killing.
>>
>>2282986
Violence is normal in nature. It's only strange to pussy ass beta bois like you.
>>
most hunters like me do it for meat. trophy hunters do it because their wives dont respect them
>>
File: disgusted.png (213KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
disgusted.png
213KB, 680x383px
>>2282899
I don't know why but the thought of that obeast killing the lion makes me feel worse than if a fit person killed it. There must be absolutely no sport involved whatsoever.

That guy literally consumes everything around him and then goes and shoots a lion probably from the comfort of whatever vehicle they could find to haul his fat ass around.
>>
There are good reasons to go hunting, but doing it just so you can kill something exotic and mount its head on your wall is not one of them.

That being said, game preserves that charge exorbitant fees for trophy hunting actually do in some instances help preserve or even grow at-risk species in the long run, so even though I find it a bit morbid, under that particular circumstance I can overlook it.
>>
>>2282899
I personally hunt, and I read Hemingway and I still don't see the appeal of trophy hunting or how someone can justify the expense. I understand that the money goes towards a good cause, but so do charitable donations.
Ive never done it, will probably never have the opportunity and would still refuse the offer.
>>
>>2282899
Regulated hunting a species like in OP pic is strictly supervised. You have to hunt in a specific area and you have a guide that even tells you what animal to shoot. This is so you aren't shooting the healthy young fertile female, and instead are going after a sick old male. The money goes for conservation and they are killing an animal that was going to have to be killed off anyways to help the species. The whole Cecil thing was not regulated hunting, it was poaching clear as day; they lured a cat that was not on a list to cull out of a sanctuary. People like that give exotic trophy hunting a terrible name. It sucks that animals have to die, but you have to understand the amount of money people would pay just to get the opportunity to hunt there, it honestly helps a lot.

As for your run of the mill trophy hunting, like deer and cougar and shit, unless the rest of the body was somehow ruined I think it's lazy and wasteful. Worse yet is people who shoot perfectly good deer and just leave the carcass. I know rednecks who do that, scum of the earth right there.

The only time I'd give mass killing of a species to leave and rot a pass is when it's invasive.
>>
File: 1477539104556.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px)
1477539104556.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>>2282899
I want to go hunting sometime, only ever shot dove one time it was okay. But hunting predators or any trophy/endangered animal like elephants, lions, rhinos, or anything you wont eat is for jerk offs and is indicative of a piece of shit.
>>
>>2282899
Objectively, the practice is ultimately beneficial if done right, so I don't really oppose it as long as it's regulated.
Subjectively, killing for sport is nasty as fuck and if anyone told me they were into trophy hunting I'd probably cut ties with them immediately.

>>2282976
Is there any data to back up the idea that it decreases poaching? Poachers are generally less-than-wealthy people desperate to make a buck, so the demographics don't seem to line up.

>>2282988
>Violence is normal in nature.
Lots of things are "normal in nature."
Violence is "expected" in people who are exposed to it early in life. It's not some cultural universal like the fuckbois like to believe.
>>
File: 1449966014857.jpg (85KB, 454x453px)
1449966014857.jpg
85KB, 454x453px
Daily reminder that these b8 threads clog up /an/ and are always worthless

Daily reminder that someone will always barge into them and claim that trophy hunts """"""" protect wildlife""""""" because the money goes towards conservation but there are NEVER any credible sources that prove this and we will NEVER know what percentage actually goes towards conservation

I could keep this train going and ask what the potential profit would be for a trophy hunting area to instead move to full non-hunting and sightseeing tourism but no one has EVER correctly responded to my first two points in any of these shit threads so what's the point?
>>
File: 1479795276108.jpg (71KB, 286x286px) Image search: [Google]
1479795276108.jpg
71KB, 286x286px
>>2282978
amen tbqh
>>
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v426/n6967/full/nature02177.html
>>
If you are going to eat the animal and make use its hide / fur then fine. But killing for trophy is absolutely degenerate.
>>
>>2282899
We must secure the extinction of mankind and a future for animal children.
>>
>>2282899

Huh. So that's what the Baron Harkonnen does on his off days.
>>
>>2282988
you sound... uncivilized
>>
>>2282899
I neither think about nor care about trophy hunting.
If some twat wants to spend exuberant sums to shoot a big cat instead of buying a silenced 22 and hunting domestic cats then let them
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.