[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone got a pet bird? I really want one and I'm torn between

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (52KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
52KB, 960x720px
Anyone got a pet bird? I really want one and I'm torn between a canary and a parakeet, can anyone add any insight/tell me about care for them?
>>
>>2282825
If you want a pet, get a parakeet. If you want a house decoration, get a canary but get more than one.
>>
pick a species you like, get info on their needs/life cycle. Then google how to take care of them. Check out multiple sites and compile the information.

Dont fuck up something elses life by just referring to a few random 'tips' from random people.
>>
>>2282834
Oh absolutely I'm not putting an animals life in 4chans hands believe me, just getting some stuff to go off of.
>>
>>2282825
Get a tame parakeet or a cockatiel
>>
>>2283527
This. Parrot species are the best pets.
>>
I spent two weeks caring for a canary of my mom's friend. I'm never ever getting a pet bird. I fucking hate birds now, the hyperactive noisy bastards.
>>
>>2282825
It's very rare to be able to hand train a canary like that. If you want to be able to hang out with the bird, get a parakeet or a cockatiel.
If you get a canary it'll basically just be there to look at and make noise. They are a lot less work, since they don't get bored nearly as easily as a small parrot.

>>2283564
Canaries are absolutely the worst fucking finches in existence for noise. Why the fuck people keep them around for their "song" is far beyond me.
That said, female canaries don't make noise, so they're okay in my book. Other finches just make *light finch noises,* which can be kind of pleasant.
>>
I started with two finches, a male and female. Next thing you know I had thirty of the fuckers. Still hardly made noise. I turned my garage into an aviary for them. Until one day some kids broke the window to my garage and half of them escaped and the other half froze to death. I was so mad.
>>
File: 06706141.jpg (766KB, 2798x2361px) Image search: [Google]
06706141.jpg
766KB, 2798x2361px
My grandma had a cocktiel and a zebra finch, the zebra finch was a cool dude and would beep and sing

The cockatiel could say a few things but would usually just shriek all the time and wasn't hand trained because my grandma was dumb and couldn't into birds

I'd suggest hitting up a veteran, knowledgeable bird owner and really get a idea of what you're in for, and get a hand-raised cockatiel
>>
File: 13856612656396.gif (2MB, 400x259px)
13856612656396.gif
2MB, 400x259px
Just be prepared for the potential collateral damage that a bird can bring.
>>
parakeets live forever tho. mine all lived to be 12-15
>>
What about lovebirds?, I have one and is a bro.
>>
>>2283705
I have one and she a cunt. I never wanted one, she just appeared inside the cage and expected water. They are the worst birds, not even sure why people recommend them.
>>
Chickens count as pet birds.
Really it boils down to what kind of pet you want.
Do you have a lot of time on your hands?
Do you have space for a larger cage?
Are you ready to deal with a monumental amount of shit?
These are all important factors when selecting a bird
>>
tiels, budgies and lovebirds are all little bros.
>>
File: IMG_5177.jpg (319KB, 1219x941px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5177.jpg
319KB, 1219x941px
>Canary morphs.
If I know /an/ I know she loves morphs.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.