[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vent thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 293
Thread images: 25

Just wanted a separate thread to keep the pet generals more positive.

Complain and rant here about shitty dog owners, dog training, puppy blues, any issues with cats/small animals/reptile ownership.

I'll start:
I hate people who just let their dogs roam neighborhoods. Thankfully it's not a problem where I live now, but back in Burgerland I saw this shit CONSTANTLY. Two months ago my friends lost their 9 week old Beagle pup to some Malamute mix menace that the neighbors couldn't be bothered to watch/walk. Dog ran up and tore her apart in front of the family's eyes.
>>
>>2281740
Family dog who was bought for my kid sister years ago while I wasn't living with them, is 2 years now untrained and highly food aggressive and jumps to scan every surface for food, steals it right in front of anyone's eyes cause she knows she can bite if you try to stop her. Also hates walks. Kind of bugs me that people say cats only love people for food and are soulless aside from how to use people to get more food, they haven't met this dog.
>>
>>2281741
Christ. That dog sounds like a nightmare to be around. I think people forget that while dogs have been domesticated and are basically hardwired to love people, they still need to be trained properly or they have the potential to be SHITS. They bite, they resource guard, they can show fear/aggression to the unfamiliar, they can have high prey drives, they try to get away with things...
>>
>>2281746
She's a sweet dog but it's saddening and upsetting to know it's really all for food. Couldn't give a shit about being around people for much else. Like I said- basically a food obsessed cat in dog body
>>
>>2281741
>people say cats only love people for food and are soulless aside from how to use people to get more food
Only delusional dogfuckers say things like this
>>
File: 1477540457961.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1477540457961.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>2281740
I hate people who just don't care that their dog gets loose either. Was late to work once ringing doors trying to get a designer dog back to its owner's, was like a $1000 looking papillion. See a person's gate open and ring bell. Owner is bratty girl, says the dog is a menace anyways and I should have just left it to get run over. See gate is still open when I get off work later. Girl probably bought the dog for the cute value and never bothered to train it, now just doesn't give a shit.
>>
>>2281741
>Family dog who was bought for my kid sister years ago

exactly. found your problem.
kids or people without money shouldn't have dogs or pets in general.
dogs naturally love people but not if you don't raise them well.

unlike cats. cats can go die in a fire and go to hell where they belong
>>
>>2281896
irresponsible people just suck.
I was walking around my town the other day and this cat came to me all cutesy and all. I got down to scratch his back and notice it has a collar. he suddenly just bit me and then tried to ran away.
I kicked that shit so hard. I hate stupid animals
>>
I regret the way my family taught me to raise dogs and still continues to raise dogs in such a terrible way.

I didn't know any better with my first dog. My parents expected me to train him when I was five years old. As a result, he never learned that fully peeing outside was the only option. We always had yards, so he was never taken on walks. He had an okay life but it could have been so, so much better and I regret it.

Now, almost ten years after the first dog died, and I've moved out, they have a new dog, a schnauzer-yorkie mix. Again, the thing never gets taken on walks, he just gets let out on a lead in their unfenced yard. He's neurotic and angry and fearful constantly. He literally shits himself out of fear/anger when anyone walks near the house where he can see. His body is always tense. My mom doesn't get that animals don't understand concepts like "spite" because she keeps punishing him for going to the bathroom inside the house when she doesn't let him out often enough.

Meanwhile my parents lecture me on "spoiling" my dog by doing things like taking him to the dog park regularly, making him wear booties when it's icy out (Colorado), brushing his teeth, buying him the more expensive antlers instead of shitty rawhide that would cause an impaction, etc.

Sorry I don't have a dog who regularly attacks family members/neighbors and has never shit in the house I guess.
>>
File: 1470721057477.png (130KB, 288x316px) Image search: [Google]
1470721057477.png
130KB, 288x316px
>friend lets everyone hold/pet/handle his burmese python even when it's stressed out.

It's a nice snake but holy fuck he's going to get someone seriously hurt if he doesn't learn how to properly socialize it.
>>
>>2281748
Is it a chocolate lab
>>
>>2281924
Hope it shits on someone. Poor little snek... how are they, compared to Ball Pythons? Those are the only snakes I've ever handled and they've been really chill.
>>
>>2281963
I know ball pythons are usually very chill but I don't know about burmese pythons all that much. I've been told that they're smarter than most snakes but I could be wrong.
>>
Being shit at taking care of animals runs so strong in my family it pisses me off so much
>Mom clips my bird's wings and gives them a shitty diet of seeds with no toys to play with and nobody to socialize with during the day now that I moved out. She eventually got another bird but no new cage and toys so they both live in a boring, cramped space
>Sister never eeeever fed her dog proper dog food and she only survives (somehow) on human foods like pasta and pizza. And when I had to dogsit her, she fucking refused to eat anything thats supposed to be good for her and always begged for scraps of whatever I'm eating
I fucking hate my family sometimes. I'm more angry that the birds didnt come with me, could've given them a new cage
>>
>>2281922
Same. Have a dog I'm training to be a service animal for husband. Took him to in-laws for Thanksgiving, the pup's first major trip away from our city, so I was very particular about keeping him comfortable so it would be a positive training experience. Grandparents try to lecture me on how dogs are outdoor animals and can rough the cold, rain, etc, all because they saw me setting up his sleeping kennel in the living room. Talk about how shitty they treated their hounds, stuck in a backyard all their lives. What are people even trying to prove when they gloat about how much their animals "rough it"?
>>
Really hate why my family insists on declawing cats. The cat we have is declawed is a very gifted mouse catcher but she likes to play with her prey. But since she has no claw the fuckin mice get away and hide somewhere else. FFS it bothers me because of how vital I need these pests gone.
>>
>>2281922
My dad also keeps his dogs stuck in the backyard. He got two sister Brittanys and they have so much pent up energy they literally vibrate 100% of the time. He *used* to taken them on walks, but they tripped him one time and he broke his arm, so now he says it's "too much trouble."
He also was talking about finding a stud to breed them so he could "make some extra cash on the side," but he seems to have given up on that.
One time they ran away and he seemed almost disappointed when the pound two towns over called him to come pick them up.

>>2281985
Parakeet? Why couldn't you take it with you?
Clipping a bird's wings isn't a bad thing unless you do it badly, but the rest of it is pretty shit.
>>
Jeez. The way everyone's families ITT handles pets makes me sad. And here I am, pissed that my parents have overfed our old dachshunds and made them fat as fuck. Yeah, that's incredibly shitty, but at least these dogs live fairly kush indoor lives and don't subsist on PASTA, shit.

(But really, I'm pissed at my parents for oveefeeding the dogs. Yeah, the dogs are old and lazy now, but they could still have some pep if they weren't borderline obese.)
>>
>>2282085
There's no reason to clip a birds' wings. Birds like to fly and it's their primary source of exercise.
>>
>>2281993
If your house is filthy enough to have mice then you have a problem. Declawing isn't the problem; declawing is a must because cats are violent and destructive.
>>
>>2281993
If it makes you feel any better, even cats with claws will still let them escape.
>>
>Little sister BEGS for a bearded dragon one year at Christmas after seeing them on tumblr
>Dad gets her one from Petco
>The novelty eventually wares off
>She neglects the fuck out of him
>Poor and unvaried diet, sub-par heat laps, his water and cage are fucking filthy
>Always surrounded with his own dried up shit and food scraps
>Sheds improperly because of malnutrition and lack of humidity and as a result has lost three toes and a claw
I seriously wanted to steal him. Lizards might not have too much going on brain-wise, but they certainly don't deserve this.
>>
>>2282134
So are people. We should all have our fingertips cut off at the first joint. Maybe that'll make us think twice about being violent and destructive.
>>
>>2282173
>comparing a cat to a human
>>
File: 1413603704353.jpg (39KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1413603704353.jpg
39KB, 250x250px
>Grandma owns a Bichon mix
>never walks it
>doesn't feed it dog food
>mostly feeds it whatever she eats
>often feeds her microwave chicken nuggets
>SUGAR COME EAT YOUR CHICKEN MCNUGGETS
>dogs teeth are rotting out of her skull
>has serious stomach problems, throws up A LOT
>>
>>2282134
As an exterminator I can tell you, even the cleanest houses can have mice and rats.
>>
File: 1477246169215.jpg (39KB, 447x393px) Image search: [Google]
1477246169215.jpg
39KB, 447x393px
>>2282129
I got the worst one for ya:

My ex boyfriend always gloated about how his parents had a bobcat. He was a rampant fibber, so never believed it till I went there. Was a shitty Mexican house with flu stricken outdoor cats and outdoor dogs with serious mange and hanging titties from lack of spaying and constantly having litters. Sure enough, in the dankest corner of the yard was one of those dog pens with a caged bobcat. Poor fucker had been in there for 10 or so years, with just cardboard boxes and old towels. They would feed it the dollar store cat food. It used to live in the house, but got too wild. Some backwoods vet had the claws removed, and, if I remember correctly, the sharp teeth. It was still savage after all the surgery so they just keep it in a cage. It's end the middle of buckfuck nowhere, a town called Aspermont Texas, so there's no animal control to report it to.
>>
>>2282201
You still could have called the cops.
>>
>>2282204
Really? I think I still know the address, maybe it's in like my Amazon history or something. What do I say? Just call non-emergency?

They still have it I'm sure.
>>
>>2281952
No, Aussie. Apparently they're as smart as border collies but I didn't realize super food obsessed
>>
>>2281888
Agreed.
>>
>>2282201
jeeeeesus fucking christ
>>
>person buys reptile
>comes here
>hey guys I got this reptile how do I take care of it?

I know pet store employees are part of the problem as they tend to sell reptiles with only the most sketchy and wrong care information but come on. At least do a google search before you buy a pet. Any pet.
>>
File: berb.gif (997KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
berb.gif
997KB, 500x281px
>>2282132
There's plenty of good reasons. One such reason is if you like to take your bird outside to their outdoor cage, or for enrichment. I put my lorikeet in the tree outside and call him back after I've supervised for a while. He suckles nectar from native flowers (his natural diet) and enjoys nibbling and testing the branches and leaves.
Clipping also calms birds down. They no longer feel the need to be on-edge and ready to flee at a moment's notice because of predators. Which, for a house bird, is a non-issue.
Assuming birds fly for enjoyment is incorrect; we think flying is amazing and fun because we are boring land-dwelling humans. For birds it's work. It's like sprinting at everywhere at full-pelt. Most "short burst" fliers will be visibly panting after a long duration of air time. A lot of species prefer to walk when practical (or hop in the case of a lorikeet; they are big time hoppers). Flying provides protection from ground predators and transportation, as well as community in flocks.

I will say though that the wings should not be cut too short. Bird needs to be able to glide if something does spook them.
>>
>>2281897
Damn you sound very bitter and a little salty
>>
>>2282201
>still savage after all the surgery
If someone pulled all my nails and teeth out I'd be pretty mad too.
>>
File: 1451168267973.jpg (79KB, 611x482px) Image search: [Google]
1451168267973.jpg
79KB, 611x482px
>>2281897
You can go die in a fire and go to hell yourself you ignoramus.
>>
>>2281740
I have a malamute mix
It's 120 pounds
Mildy aggressive
>I love it when he kills shit
>>
When people let their dogs nails grow too long...
>>
>>2282281
But not PUPPIES...
>>
I have a half australian half german shep that's 6 months old.

I got her at 2 months and have just recently been hardcore disciplining her when she shits in the house. She hasn't peed inside in a while because I have her on a good schedule, but when she shits I kinda would just clean it and go about my day.

Now I bring her right to it, scold her, and lock her up.

I feel like there's a more efficient way to train her to not shit indoors but I'm inexperienced and everyone keeps telling me I'm doing it right. I feel terrible whenever I yell at her and bop her nose for just pooping.
>>
>>2282363
It depends on how weird your dog is. The potential bad end of a dog being scolded is one that is so afraid of you that they hide their shits and won't go outside at all because it means pooping in front of you.
It's worth the hassle and patience to just teach your dog to shit on conmand instead.
>>
>>2282263
>>2282263
>Clipping also calms birds down. They no longer feel the need to be on-edge and ready to flee at a moment's notice because of predators.

That's bullshit. Birds don't understand what you're doing when you clip their feathers. They don't think "well, now that I can't fly I don't have to be worried about anything!". It just freaks them out more if they do feel like they need to get away for whatever reason and then they can't.

Also your claim that birds don't enjoy flying is bullshit. My macaw doesn't but my tiels love it; as soon as I let them out in the morning they love to take a few laps to stretch their wings. They aren't afraid of anything; they're doing it just to do it.

The only half decent reason you gave is for taking birds to an outside cage, but it's damn selfish to take away their ability of flight because you're too lazy to either train them on a birdy harness or use a travel cage.
>>
>>2282201
>Texas
>no one to call

That's bullshit. You don't think in a third world country, it's fucking Texas. You were just too lazy to do anything.
>>
>>2282185
>As an exterminator

whats the worst place youve ever had to work in? or have you got any interesting stories in general?
>>
My dog is suddenly scared of our front door and the area just outside of it. She used to run to me when I asked if she wants to go outside and now she walks away. I have no idea what's going on. Maybe she got hit by the door and I didn't notice? I feel awful.
>>
>>2282377
It was a town of 800 people with no surrounding cities. I've called on people in my own city for animal abuse, but I honestly didn't think any animal shelter would drive 2 hours to try and wrangle it away from some shitty mexicans when it's unable to be rereleased in the wild anyways.
>>
>>2282363

Scolding her after tbe fact is pointless.

It's tine to start leashing her and taking her outside until she poops, then praising her.

A dog can't make the connection between cold shit and getting hit or locked up.
>>
>>2282539
There is no area in the US that doesn't have animal control you lazy fuck.
>>
>>2282580
This place was unreal how cut off it is. I looked up and only found exterminators. Closest animal shelter is 90 miles out. The place honestly looks like a 3rd world country, it's so bizarre. Every house is fenceless shacks with strays running about.
>>
>>2282689
You're a dumb lazy fuck.
>>
File: 1457100170734.jpg (43KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
1457100170734.jpg
43KB, 499x499px
>Have friend from work
>Friend's family has a dog
>They keep her outside ONLY. The dog has never once been allowed to enter the family's house, she sleeps in the shed with some blankets and otherwise is in the (very small) yard.
>They have to physically restrain the dog every time they go inside because she wants go in with them so, so badly
>maybe play with her for a total of one hour a day, the rest she's just outside alone
what's the point of even keeping a pet like this?
>>
People who let their dogs at outside and bark are the worst people on the planet and should be killed. I just moved out of a neighborhood with a neighbor who was almost never home but had a dog that he'd just leave outside all day from 7am-10pm that would bark constantly at absolutely everything, even leaves blowing down the sidewalk. And god forbid you try to actually go out into your backyard, the little fucker would go absolutely psychotic and jump at the fence and howl until you went back inside. The guy who lived behind him used to smoke in his backyard but eventually had to stop because he was so sick of the little shit causing a fucking racket every time.

And of course the idiot who owned the dog would insist that it was the neighbor or cats or squirrels who were "provoking" his dog and that really he was a good boy with a gentle temperament, even though multiple neighbors including myself tried to talk to him about it. Worst part, the police never did anything about it no matter how many noise complaints were made.

If you let your dog act like this, fuck you and I hope you die an unimaginably painful death.
>>
>>2282704
Well of course I am. What would you suggest I do? This was only a year ago I found out about it so I'm sure it's still there.
>>
File: pizza throne.jpg (280KB, 608x802px) Image search: [Google]
pizza throne.jpg
280KB, 608x802px
>>2281993
>tfw your mom had your cat declawed without your permission
>tfw he's still great at catching bats out of midair

I love this little fucker.
>>
>>2282801
Why wouldn't you declaw it? Cats are shitty, destructive and violent. Plus if it is living in your moms house it's your moms cat, not yours.
>>
>>2282224
You can call the non-emergency line to report animal cruelty. I've done it before.
>>
>>2282134
You've either never had a cat, were a super shitty owner, or are just retarded.
>>
>>2282755
>People who let their dogs at outside and bark are the worst people on the planet and should be killed.

This. It's just so goddamn inconsiderate. I've lost countless hours of sleep to dogs that won't shut the fuck up. I've had neighbors who played music until midnight, neighbors who shouted obscenities, neighbors who set off fireworks. But none are as annoying as the ones who let their dogs bark all day and night. That sound fucking carries all over the neighborhood. One dog starts barking, and then all the other dogs with shitty owners start barking.
>>
>>2282759

If it were a random 'pet' (dog,cat,etc), an control might not do shit. The fact its a wild predator will get a reaction though.

Maybe, even if an control themselves dont act, a rehab place will just go try to contact them. Theres a chance those mexi's will just say fuck it and give it up to them. And if they dont, the rehab place might be able to pull strings with the authorities.

Do good today, anon, do good.
>>
>walking my dog
>it's 39 degrees F outside
>white trash on other side of the neighborhood have their dog on a balcony 24/7
>still out there in the cold with no protection from the wind
>>
>>2282833
Call the police. It's literal animal cruelty and they will be warned or fined but they will have to bring the dog in
>>
>>2282848

On phone with the non-emergency AC line right now. The dog is a tiny little Chihuahua mix so they can't use "Oh but he's built for the cold" as an excuse.
>>
>>2281900
Fuck off
>>
>>2282328
Yeah domesticated animals in general. Its kinda cool when he brings home coyotes though...
>>
>>2281993
I let my cats go outside and the little fuckers brought in 2 mice that have gotten away. I used to just hurle the mice outside but now when my cats have a mouse I kill them with hammers which is fucked but a good solution.
>>
>>2282823
The dumbest part is that people know that playing loud music at night or getting into a shouting match on the porch is inconsiderate and generally won't do it, but for some fucking reason they think it's acceptable for fido to just yap for hours at everything that moves or makes a sound. It isn't just rude, it's actively hostile and even sadistic. I really like well-behaved dogs that are quiet and don't jump all over you and lick you, but the noisy and hyperactive ones are the worst pets ever, and their owners deserve death.
>>
>>2282832
Looked up grandmother's obituary and found the parents' names and I thiiiink the right address. I'll do some digging to find the closest sanctuary to Aspermont.
>>
>>2282801
cute cat but letting it on tables and counters is haram
>>
>>2282729
My heart just fucking broke.
Tell your friend to play with the fucking dog.

Or you could just steal it; itd probably have a better life 2bh.
>>
>>2282158
>tumblr
Found the problem
>>
>>2282950
Are you Mexican yourself anon? How you know these people and will you get joy out of fucking w your ex? Remember to update us on results
>>
>>2282950
Honestly if anyone goes out there, it'll just be to shoot/euthanize the bobcat. There's not going to be a happy ending for the poor thing.
>>
>>2283260
it'd be better than being locked up and declawed and defanged.

Also, I'm getting real fucking pissed off at the faggots that let their dogs run free, I'm sorely tempted to just shoot the fucking things.
>playing with my lab in the backyard
>backyard borders a park
>faggot mutt off leash runs over to the gate and tries to get under it, shoving its muzzle through yapping like mad
>my dog is unsettled
>bring her inside and wait for the owner to eventually show up
>tell them to leash the fucking mongrel
>"Oh it's OK it's a park that means he's allowed to run free"
>there are signs all over the fucking place saying dogs must be on leash at all times, point this out
>"Oh that doesn't apply to my dog, only to bad dogs like pitbulls"
>head back inside before I blow a fucking fuse
Why is there no basic intelligence test you have to pass before owning a pet? These dumb motherfuckers are pissing me off, it happens so often I can't stand it.
>>
I live in a decent sized city in Alabama where people are relatively civilized and are at least expected to take proper care of their pets.

But if you drive 5 minutes outside the city in any direction you're in bumfuck hicktown... And anytime I have to drive through one of those areas I get so pissed. There are always dogs running loose in the street, no collar, no owner in sight as if this is completely acceptable to just let your dog roam. These dogs aren't taken care of, are usually in shit shape (underweight, flea-ridden, sometimes mangy) and their owners don't do shit to prevent them from getting into trouble so they're constantly chasing cars (and subsequently getting run over,) getting shot by neighbor hicks, etc. It blows my mind how these people can't seem to provide even the MINIMUM amount of care for their animals. How is this socially acceptable??
>>
>>2282729

Shit like this really pisses me off. I don't get why people get a dog just to use it as a fancy lawn ornament and I've seen it so much.

>Grew up next to the most ghetto family
>Had a chow mix and GSD tied up in the back yard
>Chow knocked up the GSD and the family just let her have the puppies in her tiny plastic dog house
>Puppies just roamed the yard and eventually found a hole where they started roaming the neighborhood
>Family decides they want to keep one of the puppies and ties it up in back with its parents while the others are just left to wander around
>Day by day fewer puppies return home

Hopefully some nice people found them and kept them to give them good lives. And then...

>Grade school and am babysat by his family that did at home daycare and had 12 kids of their own
>Literally had 2 dozen kids in the house at a time and one day decide to get one of their daughters an adorable yellow lab puppy
>Puppy obviously too young to be away from its mother and doesn't do much outside of sleeping and eating. Everyone loves her
>Fast forward a few week and the puppy starts acting like a puppy
>Suddenly she's a "nuance" and "destructive" because she's chasing all the kids around just wanting to play
>They end up putting her on a lead in the yard far away form the house because she's "too much to handle"
>All of us aren't allowed near her because they don't want us to get dirty
>Dog spends whole day barking and whining for attention at the kids playing closer to the house

Luckily they wised up and gave her away but what the fuck?
>>
>>2283342

Oh I should also add that the daughter lost interest in the puppy as soon as she got big enough to not want to sit in laps all the time. Then the daughtet would complain anytime she was told to go feed the dog because it was too much work. Then none of the other kids wanted to do it because it wasn't their dog.
>>
>>2282755
Are you talking about my next door neighbor? He has a huge bloodhound who is either out all day or locked up in his garage. When I was 12 I used to play with her from the other side of the fence because no one payed her any attention.

She has this loud howly bark and it never ends. Sometimes she's out at 8 in the morning barking her brains out because she's caught a squirrel in the tree. All of the other neighbors complain about it too. My neighbor's house is small and it seems like they just got a dog for the hell of it, to keep them "safe" or whatever.

Now that I have a puppy, a King Charles Cavalier, I'm worried that he's going to be influenced by her barking all day and ending up doing the same thing. We don't let him stay out too long because the snow hurts his paws, but you can still hear her barking from indoors.
>>
>walking along wooded residential area for some exercise
>cold and windy as fuck, wasn't prepared at all
>tiny dog off the leash runs up to me and barks at my heels
>follows me a good 30 feet
>try to take it back to the owner
>she doesn't make any attempt at retrieving it and it just follows me while barking
>walk away with it chasing me until it eventually gives up
Not that big of a deal, but still irritating. There was a chow in the middle of the road one day and I had to walk a fucking huge distance to avoid it because I didn't want to fuck with it.
>>
>>2283362

There is this one dude three houses down from ours who has a tiny dog he keeps off-leash outside with no recall at all and it pisses me off.

>walking my dog
>tiny dog comes running up
>owner half-assedly calls him back
>my dog and I keep walking
>tiny dog follows us halfway around the neighborhood, stopping only to shit in someone else's yard
>>
>>2281740
When i lived in the country, people let their dogs roam out all the time and a really big one ran at me and my brother but his owner stopped him

Worse thing that happened was when my neighbor across the street's dog jumped over a fence (it was chicken wire so it was pretty small) and attacked my dog. This happened twice yet her owner still always let her roam. It pissed me off a lot.
>>
>>2283260
The whole towns a cesspool of animal abuse, so even if it a mercy kill for the bobcat maybe they can mass rescue some other stuff.
>>
sup /an/,

How do I get my 2 year old doggo to go walk with me? She is stubborn ass fuck and never wants to go walk. What do?
>>
My dad never let me have the dog inside the house and he had a lot of health and parasyte problems from being outside.
Fucking hate my dad's mentality towards animals.
He doesn't even want THE CAT in the house. He ties the cat outside in the field and forgets about it for hours. Sometimes he even ties it in a zone where the floor is concrete so he got nowhere to shit and ends up smelling like shit.
>>
>>2283434

Turn it into a game, don't use equipment that can hurt her, let her explore and sniff to her heart's content and treat every time you:

>take equipment out
>get it on her
>bring her home

Also treat whenever she:

>ignores other dogs/people
>looks back at you
>sits and waits
>walks without pulling

We did all that for ours and walking is his favorite thing to do now, plus he doesn't tug or lunge.
>>
Adopted a dog 2 weeks ago. The shelter didn't have a lot of info on him.

Seperation anxiety got real bad in the past week. Poor guy is beside himself if we're out of his sight.

Broke out of his kennel today. It was bad. Caused a lot of damage and hurt himself

We have to take him back tomorrow.

This hurts guys
>>
>>2283678
You sound like you're lazy. Try a cat; they are boring, mean and destructive but that's considered normal for cats.
>>
>>2283680
Not lazy at all. We're active and give him proper training and attention. After the first week he bonded with us. In this last week...about 3500+ in damage. Hurt himself while tearing himself out of his kennel. Smashed a wine rack. If it werent for his muzzle he would have drank it. He showed a propensity for booze.

It hurts because while we're around, he's great. But when 70 lbs of dog panics...
>>
>>2283698
No, you're just a crap owner my man. You need to burn that energy with walks and outside play.

Instead you probably jack it and play video games when you get home.
>>
>>2281740
Heh. My dog runs around the neighborhood. But she keeps her distance from anyone who doesn't project themselves as friendly. Also half the time she stays in the yard... and only covers a 1 block distance or so
>>
>>2283703
>My dog runs around the neighborhood

Fuck you man, keep her in your yard
>>
>>2283702
Usually we work 2-3miles in per day. I don't game that much now that we own a home. It's below freezing, so he doesn't really want to be out too long.

His kennel is plenty big. He's got a treat ball and a kong. He's content to nap all day, but as soon as he realizes one of us is out of sight he panics, and ignores his toys.

Away training and kennel training is no problem. He'll nap in his kennel with the door shut for hours so long as he sees us. 20 minutes is his mark.
>>
>>2283703
Do you live in a third world country? Because in any non-shit tier country a free roaming dog will be picked up and brought to a shelter immediately.
>>
>walk my coton on the same route everyday
>pass by this house with a big bull mastiff and beware of dog sign on fence
>why is that necessary this is the safest neighborhood in the state?
>dog barks and growls everytime I walk by
>afraid he'll break through fence and attack my dog

Fuck people who get large aggressive dogs and leave outside to "guard things". I'm afraid if that dog does attack I won't be able to do anything about it.
>>
>>2283722
Thats why you should carry
>>
>>2282134

I have two cats, both have their claws and they've never touched the furniture. If you give a cat proper scratching posts/toys/stimulation, then they won't destroy other shit.
>>
>>2283711
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvW5D0J42so
This guys has really good training techniques.
Also, you can't really expect separation anxiety to go away within a week.
It's been a year with my dog (inconsistent training though) and her anxiety has gone down dramatically.

It's all about consistency my friend. You can't adopt a dog and expect it to be completely trained immediately.
>>
>>2283437
send them both to a shelter.
>>
File: 1477338670576.jpg (309KB, 1024x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1477338670576.jpg
309KB, 1024x1162px
>>2283815
It's so frustrating to me, that middle part of training, especially with public stuff because I feel like I'm supposed to have it all down immediately. I've been trying to train my dog to do well in stores, but this involves going into the stores, and it sucks to go through that practice period. For instance, I just found out he's super afraid of shopping carts. It's something I can't train him perfectly at home and then walk back into the stores perfectly train, and I feel like such a bad owner when people see me taking him in and he cowers at the carts. Anyone else have a similar experience?
>>
>>2283825
My dog was afraid of garbage bins when we went for walks. Kept barking at them, so then every time we approached one, I cooed her into looking at me and ignoring the garbage can, giving her a treat every time she ignored them.
She now is wary and worried of parked cars on the street at night instead.
>>
File: Dog.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
Dog.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2283722
I got a bouvier he hops up on the fence that he could easily jump over and barks at people when they walk by. Its more of a attention thing. Like people who are our neighbours and know him will pet him and talk to him and he's fine. Biggest downside is he will run from one side of the yard to the other to bark at someone and a 140lb dog leaping at a picket fence really fucks it up.
I walk and play with him pretty much everyday but I am the only person in the house that does that kind of shit. Thats why all the animals listen to and respect me. Its frustrating as fuck that I am the only person who works with the dog. I love the goober but I didn't want another dog after I lost 3 in 2 years due to age and cancer.
>>
My mom and stepdad got a Great Pyrenees for my now 12 year old sister, a couple of years ago. They live in the New Mexico suburbs.

She's this huge 80lb sheepdog that stays in their backyard all day, and sleeps in the garage at night. They don't even walk her, though at very least shave her during the summer. It's so sad, because she's the sweetest doggo, and they used to be all over her before she became huge.

I am really hoping I can convince my mom to let me keep her, since I am planning on moving to Wyoming within the next year.

>inb4 why don't you walk her and care for her

I don't live with them.
I've considered calling animal services on them, but I am not sure if that would be a bit extreme.
>>
>>2283906
Oh and also, the back yard is tiny and has rocks rather than grass. And some other things, regarding my mom and pets

>gets a kitten for my little brother
>little brother and I are the only ones that like it
>mom would become upset when she caught geckos
>kitten poops in her purse one time
>throws kitten outside, leaves it behind when they move

That's when they moved to New Mexico

>took our other two cats with us
>she grows tired of one of them, and leaves her outside
>grows tired of the other one, leaves him in backyard
>he's a tiny, declared white Persian without an ounce of fierceness
>come to visit, he's a mangled, knotted mess
> leaves them both behind when they move to new house

Oh and one more, she became tired of cleaning my sister's hamster cage, and let it loose in a field.
>>
Everytime I look at dogs to adopt from the shelter I noticed they're all from the south. I asked the lady about this and she says most shelters get their dogs from down south.

Why do they treat their dogs like shit down there?
>>
>Guy I know says he's planning on getting a Husky
>say something along the lines of "Good dogs, but hard work exercising them"
>looks confused
>have to explain to him and Huskies need a lot of exercise a day

I feel sorry for those doggos, so many people get Huskies and shit without knowing how to care for them properly
>>
>>2281740
There's this dog named Payton in my area who is usually nice with his owners and other dog owners (who had dogs) in the park. But whenever he sees a person WITHOUT a dog, he would lunge or bark at them. He's a big mastiff I think and his barks are quite intidimating. The owner rationalizes this as the dog being protective but c'mon you're suppose to control and train your dog in all situations. I think he's been writing the dog off as over-protective for many of its bad behaviours where in face it is the human that needs to change.
>>
>>2281741
Food agression is very common so we trained our pupper from an early age.

I don't think its too late, just show your dominance before feeding (making it wait/lie down/etc) and don't leave its bowl filled.
>>
>>2283916
Breeding is a get rich quick scheme here for one.

Most people here have yards, so the feel the need to fill it with a guard dog. There's this strong sense of resource guarding here, so people gather shotguns and dogs to protect their useless junk.

More religious and conservative, which often end up with this "we have dominion over animal" ideology that leads people to treat them even more like lawn ornaments.

There's this really weird masculinity thing too, I don't even know how to describe it, but guys tend to have unnuetured dogs and name them after trucks. I don't get it, but it's a thing. Thus the dogs run off a lot and produce more puppies.
>>
>>2283906
You should NEVER shave a double coated dog. It can fuck up their bottom coat forever and the 2 coats actually help them regulate their body temperature and insulate against heat and cold
>>
>>2281740
>dogs wandering in burgerland
Sweet LARP.
>>
>>2284303
I live in Canada but some people are fucking dumb with letting their dogs roam all over. If you have a farm by all means let the dogs roam. But in town or in a city don't do that. I have a newfie neighbour who lets his 2 labs and yorkie run all over the neighbourhood. I have given him shit because his dogs have shit on my lawn and they have almost gotten smoked by cars numerous times.
>>
>>2284346
I was gonna add something
On reservations here they will shoot any stray dogs because there has been attacks by feral dogs so they just assume a dog is feral and they gun it down.
>>
File: kB0920xg.jpg (12KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
kB0920xg.jpg
12KB, 256x256px
>>2281897
who hurt you, anon?
>>
(1/2)
>after the death of my dog when I was ten, my mom and I decide to get a new dog two years later
>adopt an older border collie from some lady who told us she found her in a crack house (not sure if this was true or if she just was trying to play on our emotions)
>she's got mange and was terrified of women, presumably from being abused
>slowly try to get her to be affectionate
>won't even eat while I watch her
>if I get up and sit next to her on the floor or pet her she just starts shaking
>once I woke her up when she was having a bad dream and she snapped at me
>totally freaked out and hid in a corner, thinking she was going to have the shit beaten out of her
>couldn't approach her with any sort of object in your hand or she'd similarly hide for hours thinking she would be beaten
>we have her for two years, she still doesn't trust me very much, but we have fun going on walks
>has never been around other dogs and absolutely loses her shit, her whole body wiggling, whenever she sees one
>there's this dog this white trash couple keeps chained in their front lawn, along with old tires and a POS sedan on cinderblocks that they never finished fixing
>this dog always barks and lunges at the end of its chain at my dog and I when we walk past
>one day my dog is so excited to meet this other dog that she immediately stops and pulls her head backwards out of her leash
>runs across the street irregardless of traffic, someone has to break to keep from hitting her
>she runs up to this giant pit mix easily twice her size (to do what I have no idea)
>>
>>2284390
(2/2)
>the chained dog is so caught off guard that he runs away and into his dog house and hides
>I'm shaking and crying, and I grab my dog, pull her out of range of the other dog and spank her ass like a child, screaming about how she scared me
>the next two months, she won't even come near me, everything we worked on is gone
>she gets sick, vets diagnose her and give her meds that make her sicker
>starts shaking and vomiting on the floor while my mom is at work
>I am 14 and too young to drive, my dad doesn't pick up when I call
>I just sit there and hold her
>she's terrified but I don't leave her there alone
>she has some sort of seizure and dies in my arms, terrified I'm going to hit her again
>wish I would have let her die alone and in peace, but I was too selfish
>refuse to let my mom dump her body, spend the evening and a good portion of the night digging a deep enough grave for her in our backyard, bury her at first light by myself
>>
still keeps me up at night and haven't shared this story on /an/ so here we go

>work at stray intake shelter
>some lanky greasy redneck walks into the lobby
>"hey I shot a raid dog what should I do with it"
>ask if the dog bit him
>"no because I shot him!!!"
>ask if the dog is alive or not
>"yeah I think so why"
>??????? tell him to bring the dog in immediately
>dude brings in blood soaked blanket/rug that has legs sticking out from either side
>he DROPS THE DOG ON THE FLOOR LIKE A PILE OF LAUNDRY
>the dog was shot twice with a shotgun and is a mess
>Bleeding everywhere and barely breathing
>making gurgling noises and one shot hit the neck/face area
>normal protocol for stray dogs in need of emergency care is to have the finder take them to the emergency vet
>as soon as my manager even opens her mouth about this the guy is yelling and bitching
>southern accent so thick can barely even understand him
>dog doesn't have much time so just say fuck it and pick the dog up myself
>jump in the back of the coworker's truck with the dog and she drives to the emergency vet while my manager deals with the redneck
>before we get even halfway there the dog dies in my arms
>fuck
>driving back to the shelter to put him in our freezer
>get a call from my manager
>"yeah so the owner of that dog just called and he's coming down here in like 20 minutes to identify the body. Come back and clean the dog up before he sees him"
>tfw the dog is a fucking Dalmatian so he's just completely red at this point
>get back to the shelter and frantically start rubbing the dog down with alcohol to try and get off most of the blood
>pathetically attempt to cover the places he was obviously shot with a fucking shotgun

1/2
>>
>by the end of it he's a weird rust color with black spots but did the best we could
>owner shows up, 6ft 4 huge burly guy
>he sees the dog and gets really quiet and pets his head for a minute
>walks outside and calls someone
>bursts into tears and starts sobbing
>"y-yeah, is K-Kelvin...."
>can't really do anything but watch this huge grown man sob over his best friend being shot
>try to comfort him as best I can
>hugging this huge guy as he sobs and tells me stories about Kelvin when he was a pup

but what really made this a rage story for me is that in the investigation afterwards it was found that the dog wasnt rabid and didn't even attack him at all
>>
>>2284407
>>2284413
the dog got out of the yard, and shortly after is when the dog went into the other guy's (unfenced) front yard. the guy tried scaring the dog away, but he didn't leave. the redneck idiot then gave a warning shot with his gun, but when it scared the dog into running the opposite direction he wanted (further into the side yard instead of out into the street) he just fucking shot the dog. When the owners called us it was to fill out a lost report for their dog, which they (unfortunately) found. The only silver lining is that the shitbag was charged with animal cruelty due to how many neighbors saw this happen, and it didn't help that he wasn't even supposed to have the gun in the first place and was firing in city limits. Fucking scum. According to their neighbors that dog was a damn good boy. Never caused trouble and wasn't one to normally escape the yard. That was the absolute shittiest day. I still feel sorry for that owner
>>
>>2284414
Yikes.
That sucks. This is why I want to live in the wilderness with my OWN land away from dumb bitchy ass neighbors. I've encountered horrible neighbors.

This old hag up the street would stand outside my parents fence and time the the Dalmatian bark at her. That same lady tried to get signatures (door-to-door) from other neighbors agreeing that the dog was a menace for barking.

The same lady apparently poisoned a dog that lived next-door to her. The owner swears she did it.
>>
My retarded aunt (who ran over a kitten she got for her daughter and son, got another one, ran over it after a couple of months) and her sister got a pug recently. The tiny thing never got socialized, gets taken on walks like once a month, always tries to escape from the cellar they keep her in. They keep her in a fuckin cellar! Its cold, dark, humid as hell and I thing there's things scattered around where she could get hurt. The last time she got out, my sister heard her cry and wail when they got her back, I assume they hit her or something. My mother thinks she knows where they got her (there's two pug breeders near me) and wants to tell them that their dog is being neglected. I told her to skip that and call animal control on them right away, but she said that they already hate us, and doesn't want them to think that it's our fault if they take the poor thing away. I'm fuckin pissed. I met this dog once, its probably one of those teacup abominations judging by her size, she just wanted to play ffs and that bitch wouldnt stop shouting "*dog name* noooo nooo come back here noooo"
>>
>>2284438
>My retarded aunt (who ran over a kitten she got for her daughter and son, got another one, ran over it after a couple of months

LOL outdoor cat owners
>>
>>2284413
>>2284414
I would fucking end that redneck if it was my dog.
>>
>have friend
>his lazy roommates got a puppy
>puppy is part Akita, part Chow, part GSD
>beautiful dog
>owners are fucking retarded
>puppy ran out this morning
>owner's response is "Just lock her in our bedroom."
>dog is fully vaccinated, don't walk her
>dog isn't housebroken, they won't make effort

I don't envy my friend's living situation one bit. He has his own dogs and they're all housebroken and cared for, but he obviously won't take on his roommate's responsibility because fuck, he's not the one who decided to get a puppy.
>>
>>2284392
That's what you get for having a faggot dog like a border collie.
>>
>find nice quiet dirt road behind a bunch of houses with fenced backyards
>every single yard has bored dogs in it
>they're all going apeshit
>bring my dog there daily to work on his reactivity
>hopefully annoying owners at the same time
>start going for jogs early in the morning
>no sleep for shitty owners
>>
>neighbors bought dog
>put kennel like 15 feet away from their front door
>literally never see the dog outside of the kennel
>it just barks all the time
>whenever it barks I can sometimes hear them yell at it to shut up
>the dog is a pit bull

why do people do this ?
>>
>>2284623
This happens to me except my dog is leash reactive and starts flipping his shit when other dogs do this. All I can do is try to avoid houses I know with owners who dump a dog in the backyard.

The only thing that sucks about rescuing a dog is cleaning up the damage the prior asshole did.
>>
>>2283722
that's why you carry a gun
>>
File: IMG_8524.jpg (597KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8524.jpg
597KB, 2448x2448px
>>2281740
Can't stand my second cat. Got her around June this year and I'm seriously thinking about turning her into my local Humane Society

>poor grooming habits
>every time she drinks water, she splashes it everywhere
>sometimes we will return home to find a PUDDLE of water around the water bowl
>food aggression even though easily bullied out of her food by our 1-yo cat
>inherently fearful of everything and everybody
>will not eat food with crushed up pills mixed in, regardless of how tempting the food is (i.e canned tuna mixed with Fancy Feast Broths and salmon oil)
>ALWAYS EAT TRASH, no matter how insanely inedible it is (cup noodle broth with TAPATIO HOT SAUCE, ash from the ash tray, leftover beer, empty soup cans, used dryer sheets, etc etc...)
>burrows herself into tight spaces that would result in injuries
>fight my other (well behaved) cat constantly for attention and treats
>will go from the litterbox STRAIGHT onto our bed for cuddles
>has a weird habit of chewing her food while tilting her head onto her side, letting her fur catches whatever falls from her mouth and then GROOM herself all the while eating
>steals toys and hides it in her crate
>sometimes would carry a piece of shit covered in cat litter out in the open for fun
>runs through the blinds at 6am every day no matter how much we deter her/set up blocks
>clumsy as all hell, will knock everything out of the way just to walk through/sit down/lay down

I don't understand how a cat can be so ill mannered and un-cat like. I'm pretty sure this one is inbred.
>>
>>2284357
Cats apparently
>>
>>2283958
>The owner rationalizes this as the dog being protective

Yeah the owner is a retard. I have a mastiff and he doesn't act like that at all when he's being protective.

When my dog is being "protective" 99% of the time it's just him sitting / standing in front of me if there is someone he doesn't know, he always puts himself between me and strangers but he's well socialized so he's excited about meeting most people. I've only had a few occasions where he's acted cold/suspicious of a person.
>>
>>2283703
So what do you do when your roaming dog attacks a neighbor's dog, or even worse, a neighbor kid? You wouldn't mind having your dog being euthanize, right? It doesn't seem like you give one single fuck about anything and anyone but yourself, scum
>>
>>2283711
Blah blah blah, I spend all this money instead of working out a working breed puppy. Boo hoo it's cold outside so why even bother exercising him inside, right? He sure knows how to pent up his energy and emotions like us humans do haha
>>
Where I live, the temperature ranges between 2°C and 28°C (35°F and 82°F ) would it be a bad idea to get a Siberian husky?
>>
>>2284636

Mine was a rescue too. It took three months just to get him to where he won't lock up and fixate on another barking dog. Now he stops, stares, hops a few paces, stops, stares, and so on until the house is out of sight. It's got to look stupid because he's 50 lbs. and just bounding like a rabbit but I'll take it over the "Fuck you, I'm not budging." thing he used to do.
>>
>>2284676
As long as you have a well fenced yard, dont have small pets and are an active person, go for it. I have one and it gets much hotter than that where i live. Double coats do a decent job keeping a dog cool. Just use common sense and dont force your dog out on hot days.
>>
>>2284414
At least he found his dog. My grandma, who always had two female leonbergers( when the older one died she kept one pup of the younger one) recently lost both of them, probably because of some panicking faggot. She lives in a small village and the dogs would very rarely run away, though they would come back in the morning, plus the village people knew her dogs and they wouldn't hurt anyone for no reason. One time however, they didn't come back and nobody knew where they were. After days of searching the only thing that came out of it, was that some people heard two shots in the distance during the night they disappeared. Never found them.
She now has a new leonberger and a crossbreed leonberger / something like a german shepherd.
>>
>>2284777
>She lives in a small village and the dogs would very rarely run away, though they would come back in the morning, plus the village people knew her dogs and they wouldn't hurt anyone for no reason

That's no excuse and I have no sympathy for her. They should have been kept inside at night.
>>
Why do dog parks attract retarded old women?

My towns dog park has two areas, one for all dogs and a separated fenced area for small dogs/puppies.
Today some old bat brings her three little shit mutts into the free for all area. Naturally all the dogs run to greet the new dogs and the old bitch starts screaming about how she'll "bash the filthy mutts skulls in" if they open their mouths near her dogs. While everyone there tries explaining that's how dogs play one of the little dogs bites this Rottweiler puppy and won't let go and the retarded woman starts kicking the puppy and abusing its owner for "scaring" her dog. Everyone starts yelling at her for bringing her shitty unsocialised dogs to the area for big dogs and she walks off abusing everyone there for "not controlling your fucking dogs"
>>
>>2284638
i can see his harbles
>>
>>2283344

This breaks my heart. This whole thread breaks my fucking heart. It makes me realize that the things I hate most in the world are thoughtlessness and lack of empathy.
>>
>>2283825
usually in pet-friendly places they're understanding.

my dog used to be afraid of statues and bikes. usually his fears were alleviated when I was able to drag him far enough so that I was able to pat the statue on the head and he saw it didn't jump up and attack. now he is able to walk past them without any problems.

just keep going, OP. maybe next time you go to petsmart, put a smelly dog blanket in a cart and place your dog -in- the cart if you can wrangle him in there and just spend some time pushing him around.
>>
I can't get my mom to stop spoiling my dogs with people food. She fucking grates parmigiano reggiano over their dogfood. After she visits they refuse to eat for a few days because I won't add people food to their bowls. Their stomachs growl incessantly during this period, it makes me feel like a horrible dog-starver. Then I notice the full food bowls going untouched and feel a little less bad.
>>
>>2286985
I guarantee you're being a beta fuck about it instead of standing up for your dogs. They're your dogs, you have control over what they eat. Take control instead of whimpering in a corner. I mean, fucking parmigiana in the food? Why didn't you toss it out right away when you saw that?
>>
>>2287029
She does it while I'm asleep (we're on opposite schedules). I keep asking her to stop but she doesn't. Moms are a lot harder to train than dogs.

You're right though, I am a giant non confrontational coward.
>>
>>2284676
>would it be a bad idea to get a Siberian husky
yes, yes it fucking would.

huskies must be exercised, a lot. they also get very hot when it is warm outside.
tell me, how are you gonna exercise them properly without them getting a heatstroke constantly?

also the idea of a husky never seeing snow in his entire life sickens me
>>
>>2287055
>>2286985
this triggers me pretty bad, because I wanna get a dog and the thing that worries me most is idiots feeding/treating it behind my back (which I have 0 control over)

>>2287029
>They're your dogs, you have control over what they eat
uhm, no?
parents dont even have control over what their children eat, because the sweets/candy/fastfood industry likes making shekels by getting children hooked on that shit.
I honestly feel bad for parents. I mean, they are away from their children most of the time and the children are being bombarded with sugared foods, tv, mobile phones, internet etc.

no wonder modern families are all so fucking dysfunctional
>>
My fiance and I have way too many pet rats. I raised a black hooded fancy rat by hand and he's an incredible pet - he made my fiance fall in love with pet rats to begin with. That rat is now getting close to the end of his life (they only live about 3 years) and most of my attention goes to him. He's my special guy, you know? I didn't really want more rats than just him, and a buddy to help keep him occupied when I'm not around to play with him.

Now, however, we have over 20 fancy rats in our house. They all have adequate cage space, they're clean, well fed and cared for, but I don't have the energy to keep up with this many animals. I love the rats, but I'm not as obsessed as my SO is. I have a select few of them that I really enjoy having around, and he has a few that are special to him, but I wish he would just let me rehome the rest. The rest of them don't get the attention that I wish they did, and I can't keep up. We also have two dogs, a cat, and a rabbit.

That's my vent. We've rescued most of these rats from questionable owners or feeding tanks, so no one else wants them, and they make my fiance happy. I just wish I had put my foot down when we reached 7-10 of the cute little bastards. I don't want this many, but we're stuck with them, and he doesn't see a problem with it.
>>
>ask dad to let old dog out for a pee in the morning
>of course he's too lazy to do it
>dog piss in the hall and I stepped on it
reeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>2287075
Consider the fact that you are extremely lucky to have them in the first place. I wish I could get myself a fancy rat but the country where I live rodents are regarded as repulsive no matter how much you try to convince someone that pet rats can be clean. Another issue I'm facing is the fact that I have a Golden Retriever and I don't know how well she would interact with rodents.
>>
>>2287071
>Heatstroke in 28°C

What a pussy.
>>
>>2287073
If you don't take control over what your fucking dog eats then don't get a dog.
>>
>>2286985
Train them to only eat with permission. Then your mother can bitch about how scared and confused they look when she tries to randomly shove food in their faces. At least, that was my experience.
>>
>>2287095
They are trained to only eat with permission, but I never trained them to take permission only from me. One of my dogs is really dumb (i don't mean just in terms of trainability, i mean this dog is legit slow), I honestly don't think I could teach him that.

At least mom knows better than to feed them anything dangerous.
>>
>>2287088
the problem is EXERCISING in summer heat you fucking retard
>>
>>2287092
>If you don't take control over what your fucking dog eats then don't get a dog.
so you are supervising your dog and anyone interacting with it 24/7 ?
your dog is never away from you? even for a second?

dumbass
>>
>>2287095
are you retarded? and if you die the dog will starve?

lmfao dogs arent robots you moron. the problem can only be dealt with by changing the behaviour of the mother
>>
>>2287110
Then use some common fucking sense and walk the dog at night. If 28 is the highest temp where that anon lives, then nights won't ever be above 20.
>>
>>2287123
If it's a humid climate, the nights will be warm too.
>>
>>2287113
Can your dog just walk to the fucking store and buy whatever it wants? No? Then it's not hard. If you live with other people you tell them that it's your dog and you feed it. I know most of you faggots are too beta to do that, so if you can't do that then just don't get a dog.
>>
>>2287128
>If you live with other people you tell them that it's your dog and you feed it
that is PRECISELY what the guy you responded to did with his mom - and his mom blissfully ignored him.
are you legit retarded?

>too beta to do that
ok confirmed retarded.

>hurr durr you just have to be alpha and everyone will do exactly as you say 100% of the time

autistic idiot kys
>>
>>2287133
He probably casually and quietly asked her to stop while still allowing her to shovel cheese into his dogs mouth. He even said "You're right though, I am a giant non confrontational coward."

People like you shouldn't have dogs. You're just going to let the people you live with shovel shit into their mouths? What else are you going to let them do? If they don't like them are you going to let them beat your dogs because you're too much of a pussy to do anything about it?

Just get a fish. You'll kill it but they don't have feelings so there you go.
>>
>>2287133
>>2287134
Actually get a cat. All cat owners I've met have been lazy and don't take responsibility so you'd fit in perfectly. Shitty pets are for shitty people.
>>
>>2287128
Eating shit off the ground they're not supposed to is pretty much a dog's entire MO. Unless you keep it under 24/7 supervision or in a completely empty cell, its GOING to eat something you don't want it eating.
>>
>>2287139
We are talking about letting people intentionally feed shit to your dog, not dogs eating stuff off the ground (although it still isn't difficult to just keep shit you don't want your dog eating off of the ground when not supervised)
>>
>>2283912
I want to kick your family's ass and I don't think calling animal services on them is extreme at all knowing their history with pets.
>>
>>2283703
Nice, its cool that the doggo has freedom and sheyt fuck the haters
>>
I fucking hate insects but I know how necessary they are to human life by multiple proxies

How much would life change for the worse if stinkbugs were eradicated? Mosquitoes? Houseflies?
>>
>>2284063
Ugh, god, that sounds exactly like where I live. You live in Florida, by any chance?
>>
>>2284063
Oh yeah
Those guys who walk around with their pit bulls Diesel, Harley, and Tank while they call any dogs smaller than theirs a "rat."

Hate people like this
>>
>>2284349
I'm surprised to learn this! The shelter where I volunteer takes in a lot of stray dogs from reserves in Northern Quebec or Ontario and the dogs always seem to be well socialized. They're always great with humans and usually even know a few commands. I'd always assumed they were accepted among the native communities
>>
I've got a little dog of undetermined breed, and my family has had her for at least 12 years.
She's old and blind and has trouble holding in her piss and shit sometimes. I get this. I still get frustrated when she goes on the carpet, but that can be cleaned easily enough.

What sends my blood into a goddamned boil is when she won't shit when I take her outside.
She pees easily enough every time, I set her down, she takes a step or two and squats for a few seconds before taking a few more steps.
But I want to scream and throttle the poor thing when she just stands there for five minutes or more, when she hasn't gone all day, or even worse, when she almost shat inside and barely stopped when I picked her up after noticing that she was waddling like she was going to shit.
A turd hit my foot on the way down, and after cleaning it up so many times, I know how much that dog holds. But she wouldn't go.
>>
>>2283916
This wasn't answered correctly - spay and neuter laws are much less strict or non-existent in the south.
>>
>>2284063
And then there's just the crazies.
Two doors down from me, there's an old guy with a fuckton of dachshunds, I'm pretty sure he breeds them.
When I say a fuckton, I mean that a few years ago, he would let them out into his backyard for some air. Or maybe they got out somehow.
20+ wiener dogs running through my yard, so I chased and herded them back in through the hole they'd dug under his fence and block it with a few rocks.
Eventually he caught on and laid big ass logs against the inside of the fence.
Last year, animal control and the police came by and emptied his house of them, save one or two he got back.
A few weeks ago, I was going past his house and I could hear dozens of little dogs yapping and barking.

I'll give him this though, his front yard is beautiful.
>>
File: Snapchat-3693394292422181887.jpg (699KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-3693394292422181887.jpg
699KB, 1440x2560px
I need some advice on my new puppy. I got an 88.5% wolf, a mix of an arctic and timber, my family has owned red and timber wolves going back generations and their advice follows "be rough, assert your dominance and it's not a dog, don't ever forget it's not a dog. If it acts out hit it while it's young or it wI'll test you later" but reading online it says the exact opposite, is my family right, and the Internet is just full of aspca mouth breathing faggots, or do I try a positive reinforcement technique. So far she's been very good, but when she starts to act up I need to know the actions to take.
>>
>>2287599
>I got an 88.5% wolf, a mix of an arctic and timber
red flags already, you're probably the kind of owner that these threads tend to bitch about.
>>
>>2287604
I was just asking whose advice to take. My family has never had an incident of a wolf turning, or attacking a person, I want to have the same experience, am I wrong to question their advice.
>>
>>2287599
>88.5% wolf
>those blue eyes
either you're really stupid and got tricked into thinking you have a special snowflake wild animal as a pet or you are just a shitty troll
>>
>>2287599
Your family is retarded, and so is whoever sold you that dog.
That isn't an 88% wolf at all, or even probably any part wolf.
>>
>>2287628
>>2287629
Wolves, especially white ones have blue eyes until 16 weeks. Cunt.
>>
test
>>
>>2287599
>>2287635
You're retarded if you think that's part wolf. You can tell just by glancing at it that it isn't.
>>
>>2282281
Who r u quoting
>>
>>2287599
>those large ears
>that head shape
88.5% wolf my ass
>>
>>2283680
Don't you have anything better to do than shitpost about cats all day?

Fuck off man
>>
File: IMG_0243.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0243.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>2287680
Guess what? Not everyone likes your shit pets. There isn't just one anon shitposting about cats here. Gtfo newfag.
>>
>>2287680
Just ignore the cat shitposter life everyone else. It is not hard.
>>
>>2282201
lazy cuck
>>
>>2283437
you dad sounds like a muslim cuck
time to move out and become a true conservative defender of western civilization
>>
>>2287599
>I got an 88.5% wolf, a mix of an arctic and timber
Oh honey, no you don't
>my family has owned red and timber wolves going back generations
Oh honey, no
>>
>>2282231
ACD or AS?

Australian Shepherds are basically designer mutts that someone packaged up and sold as a cheaper alternative to ACDs when they were rare in the US.
They're all about looks and have a lot of negative traits bred into them.

ACDs on the other hand are ridiculously smart, giving Border Collies a run for their money, and were bred to run for days on the smell of an oily rag.
They love food and can get food aggressive really easily if that's all they have.
They need constant attention and activity or they will guard resources like their lives depend on it.

The best thing to do is take the dog out to a paddock and let it fucking run once or twice a day.
>>
>>2287990
This.
I want to think anon is simply trolling, but I've seen enough people like him to know there's a good chance he's not.
>>
>>2287635
Those sure are lovely blue eyed pups.
>>
>>2287992
AS
>>
File: 191755[1].jpg (58KB, 796x412px) Image search: [Google]
191755[1].jpg
58KB, 796x412px
>>2287599
>thinly-furred ears
>straight-set eyes
>pink nose
>pink eyeliner
>compact little paws
>a little clear toenail
>anon claims the blue eyes are due to being a baby
>yet somehow this baby is pure white even though even arctic wolf pups start out greyish brown

cute husky pup, my friend. sorry about your shitty nigger family and the way they treat dogs though
>>
>>2287996
Not to mention, a high content wolfdog would have to be born in the actual wolf breeding cycle, aka born March - May. Not Aug - Oct or whenever that pup was born.
>>
>>2282134
people like you should be on a list where not only can you not adopt animals, but also can never have children.
>>
>>2287995
Oh boy, you're in for some shit then.
>>
>>2284390
>>2284392
Jesus Christ anon I'm so sorry.
>>
>>2282201
>ex boyfriend

that's gay
>>
>>2282134
I bet you'd circumcise your son too
>>
>>2284392
>>2284390
Heavy.

I'm sorry, anon.
>>
>>2284446
kek I thought the same shit, didn't even read the rest of it.
>>
>>2287599

That is not a wolf and your family is retarded.
>>
I adopted an adult cat from a respected shelter a year ago. They said he was tested for fiv and feline leukemia and was dewormed twice. I keep him indoors only and less than two months after adoption he threw up roundworms. I dont know how that happened if he was supposedly dewormed twice. I had him treated twice again and stool checked after and it was finally treated. Now a few months later he has suddenly lost appetite and lost all interest in playing. Lost a little weight too. Im getting him retested for feline leukemia and feline aids. Im worried because they said he was negative on those and i have another cat in the house who is negative. Im worried that since he still had worms maybe they didnt really treat him, and maybe that means he wasnt really tested for fiv and leukemia. If he has it im worried about having him with my other negative cat. But theres no way i could give him up now because my two cats are inseperable buddies. Im going to worry until the vet figures out whats going on with him.
>>
>>2288225
Could have gotten worms from your other cat.

Is sick, not necessarily has FeLV/FIV. Even if it does, if your cats don't interact with one another there is little chance there will be transmission. Unless you only have one litterbox and don't clean it.
>>
>>2281740

>Have become semi-nurse for grandmother since I work from home most of the time.
>Converted the back of her house into a little apartment for me, check up on her periodically, she doesn't need constant care, just help around the house, someone to carry groceries, reminders for her medical appointments, that kind of thing.
>Have cat.
>Want to make sure cat stays indoors because of risk of disease and cars and predation to the local squirrel population.
>Have impressed upon Grandmother the importance of not opening the door when she's lurking about.
>Grandmom understands this, is good about keeping the door shut and knocking loudly if she sees cat lurking in the window waiting for a chance to dart out.
>However, if she's going in or out of the house, and one of her neighbors wants to stop and chat, she will inevitably stop whatever it is she's doing and gab for however long, sometimes half an hour.
>inevitably, cat runs outside.
>Sometimes, I don't even notice, (because working) and she'll tell me hours later "oh, your cat ran out"

grrr.
>>
>>2288228
When we treated the new cat for worms the vet had us treat the old one at the same time even though he had no symptoms
I have 3 litter boxes, cleaned every day. Is that how fiv or fl is spread in male cats through litter?
>>
>>2288232
I have an idea, Get a mask and rape your cat everytime she goes outside so she will eventually hate going out.

Or just let her infront of a open window.
Or even better get a floppy eared dog
>>
>be a heroin addict
>at a shooting gallery
>guy lives there and has his pit bull who lives with him
>we take it on dope runs with us to dissuade niggers from robbing or carjacking us
>we are doing dope and watching movies on my laptop
>his dog starts barking at fucking nothing
>dude gets super fucking pissed when he's on heroin sometimes, especially at repetitive noises or flashing lights
>gets up and starts screaming at the top of his lungs at the dog to shut up
>dog keeps barking
>grabs a fork lying on the table next to him
>runs at the dog and stabs it in the thigh repeatedly with the fork
>dog is crying and bleeding, he refuses to take it to a vet
>clean the wound up as best I can with a first aid kid
>I don't really care because it's a shitty pit bull
>it obviously has mental issues after that, worry that it will snap and attack us
>dog has a limp for the rest of the time I was around it
>shitty breed, shitty owner
>>
>>2288308
I hope you and that guy both overdose and die
>>
>>2288308
McFucking Kill Yourself
>>
>>2283347
>My neighbor's house is small and it seems like they just got a dog for the hell of it, to keep them "safe" or whatever.

Same deal, it's a neighborhood of smallish 3-4 bedroom houses and no big yards, and the neighborhood is so safe there hasn't been even a petty crime in months. There's no need for a guard dog, but for some reason they keep that fucking yap machine outside at all hours of the day. I'm pretty sure the guy who used to smoke in his backyard is going to toss a poisoned hunk of meat over the fence at some point, and I won't be bothered if he does.
>>
File: 1463699939871.png (511KB, 920x720px) Image search: [Google]
1463699939871.png
511KB, 920x720px
I hate my mom for the way she treats dogs.

>our two dogs liked to jump up at people when they came through the door
>mom's idea to discourage this behavior was to give them fucking dog treats
>she gets completely perplexed when they do it more
>she never takes the dogs out when they have to go, demands someone else do it regardless of what we're doing like fixing the house or taking a shower
>gets mad at the dogs for shitting and pissing on the floor
>absolutely refused to tie dogs out even for a little bit when we leave the house because "they don't like it"
>gets angry when they shit in the house after everyone being gone for up to eight hours at a time for work, school, etc
>her solution to being too lazy to take the dogs out at night was to just lay small rugs down and let them piss on them without telling anyone and then telling us to clean them
>gave dogs scraps constantly to get them to leave her alone, only making them beg for scraps more often
>refused to even get dog crates for when we leave because it's "inhumane", would rather spend a half hour each day making us clean up a house full of dog piss and shit and the entire house always smelling like piss because its worked into the fucking carpet now

I'm so glad I moved out and dad took the dogs with him when they divorced. That dumb bitch doesn't deserve to keep any animals.
>>
>>2282375
You're anthropomorphising way too much based on anecdotal evidence. You see your cockatiels fly and think, "they're doing it for fun!" rather than "they're responding to natural flocking instincts." Animals don't do things "just to do it." Doing things takes energy. Even the activities that look the most innocuous or solely emotion-based usually have a strong tie to survival.
Most animals likely don't know what the fuck they're doing most of the time; they're going off a rough sketch of what to do ingrained into their mind from birth due to millennia of continually adapting instincts. Animals don't get sex ed or swimming lessons, yet they can fuck and swim almost from birth.
Humans don't understand this, and that's when we fuck animals up. It's like when people see that dog huffing and puffing at its owner's grave, "oh it's crying! Poor thing!." In reality the dog should have been taken to the vet as it was clearly reverse sneezing and likely had a respiratory issue...
>>
>>2288003
Like what? Help me out here I know none of the negative shit about the breed other than positive, nobody believes she has resource guarding or food issues cause >so qt doggo xD
>>
Person from college who had a bad habit of hoarding animals has been begging for donations and has been trying to sell off multiple expensive glass pieces because "my animals need to eat!!"

1. Why the fuck do you keep getting animals?
2. Why the fuck do you keep spending all this money on weed/oil/pipes and shit when you have animals to support?

I hate people.
>>
>>2288585
Even if they aren't doing it for fun, why take it away from them? There is literally no reason at all to clip a birds wings.
>>
>>2288647
Resource guarding, low intelligence, very anxious if they don't get a lot of exercise, ironically prone to arthritis.
It's a dog bred to mimic the appearance of the ACD, not the physical characteristics.
>>
>home from college, by mom has a cat that is outdoor during day and comes in at night. I've begged her a hundred different times to stop leaving the cat outside for the evening because it's a fucking cat and can't open doors
>Does it constantly, even in the winter.
>She'll be fine anon why are you worried ;^)
>the area where I live backs up to woods and there are a shit ton of foxes around. They snatch up outdoor cats for fun, real pieces of shit.
>Warn mother again, show her the numerous "lost cat" signs up around the neighborhood to prove my point
>you sure are paranoid anon :)
>wake up this morning to a fox screaming bloody murder fighting something, most likely my fucking cat
>mom you let the cat in right? hehe, maybe I'm not sure who even cares lol
>sends the dogs out after the fox, fox easily escapes and now one of the dogs is gone too
>cat is gone
mfw my cat is dead because of her
>>
>>2283916
Louisianafag here, everything said earlier is true with a couple of additions

>Shelter swapping is a significant thing, ie. shelters in the South are probably 85% lab and pit mixes, so it's pretty common for shelters here to "trade" with shelters in other areas for better variety/chance at adoption
>Tons of people just let their dogs roam, even in suburbs
>Shitloads of feral and semi-feral dogs, they're pretty much fucking native fauna at this point
>>
>>2288896
What part of Louisiana? I'm from the Lafayette area and we don't really have roamers and I don't think I've ever seen a feral dog here. The closest I've seen is one shitty neighbor who opens her door and let's her little fluff rat roam to use the bathroom twice a day
>>
>>2288669
Have you had experiences with a lot of AS or just a certain one? Where did you get this knowledge of the breed because everyone I meet has no idea what AS even are or if they do they think they're golden retriever tier or amazing working dogs
>>
I live in a small residential neighborhood that has more dogs than people, so naturally, I've seen some shit.

>Pitbull that used to roam the neighborhood for about a month, was tempted to call animal control

>Old couple down the street owned a small Yorkshire terrier that also ran around with no leash, frequently ran out into the road to bark at cars
>Stopped seeing him suddenly, turns out, yep, he got hit

>Just this past Christmas, driving to visit family when I see a dog tied to mailbox
>mailbox is less than two feet from the road

>Going for a walk around the neighborhood
>Tiny dog runs out of a yard towards me
>Nips at my ankles
>It wasn't painful or serious, but there were people int he driveway of the house on the other side of the street who witnessed it, and demanded that the owners keep their dog inside

I feel like home inspections and mental health evaluations ought to be necessary before you can adopt a dog.
>>
>>2288910
North, around the Monroe area
>>
>>2288934
I work with ACDs, and we're starting to have issues with people fucking importing AS and harming the working characteristics of the breed.

Long story short, people couldn't get ACDs in the US, so they bred the AS to look like an ACD, but they can't herd for shit, they're dumb as bricks and have a few congenital defects.
Now people hear wonder stories about AS dogs from AS breeders and actually pay thousands to have them imported and out through quarantine.

If it's bred for looks, there will be something wrong with it.
>>
Feeding animals from the table or just because. Clicker training plus treats is the easiest way to train most doggos. Extra shit beyond that is degenerative.
But nawwww gotta feed people food straight off the table for cute widdle Fifi. And these hacks wonder why the doggos don't listen to them.
Same applies to cats. They can develop very unhealthy eating habits. Also kidney stones from 2much salt.
>>
>>2288978
>people couldn't get ACDs in the US, so they bred the AS to look like an ACD
australian shepherds look nothing like ACDs though
>>
File: IMG_1454.jpg (44KB, 540x328px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1454.jpg
44KB, 540x328px
normally wouldn't post something so personal but just needed an anonymous place to vent

>be 19 year old broke college student
>job barely covers school and life expenses
>family dog is 11 year old blind mix we adopted at 8 weeks old
>parents stop giving a shit about him when they got another dog
>they stopped giving a shit about the new dog too once he wasn't a puppy anymore
>end up covering their vet needs since my parents won't do it
>they apparently blew all the money in the debit and credit card on Christmas and medication for my mom
>end up using the little extra money I had saved up on groceries and other family expenses
>immediately after found out that older dog likely has bone cancer and needs his fucking leg amputated
>already used all my carecredit on him
>two older brothers won't help at all and just say to put him down
>started selling off electronics and Pokémon collectibles I have to pay for it
>start selling hacked shiny Pokémon on eBay for extra money
>my online gaming youtuber friend messages me after seeing me trying to sell things
>he's willing to pay me for nudes
>end up doing it
>if I send him stuff every couple days he will give me $300/week
>absolutely hate myself afterwards

monte has been a good boy as long as we've had him and doesn't deserve to be rehomed or put down. I'll do what I have to do to get him what he needs but I just feel like absolute fucking shit over it. I've been trying to find another job or more hours at work and I've been SOL. At least the people at the vet know I'm in a tight spot and are willing to try and work with me, but still. Sorry for ranting /an/
>>
>>2289131
>$300 a week for some nudes

I don't even get that in a fortnight with my shitty job yet I manage to pay for vet bills for two cats and a dog. Then again I don't need to pay for rent.
>>
>>2287599
This was a joke post, right? Please tell me it was a joke.
>>
>>2289140
the thing is I have extreme doubts that he's going to keep going with that amount, or will start demanding more for less money. I have no idea and that's the scary part.

and a leg amputation is expensive. Vets where I live in general are fucking expensive. And he has other issues that have cost a lot in the past, which is why my carecredit is already maxed. and like I mentioned, I'm also supporting my parents due to their shitty spending habits and my mom having chronic medical issues. it's frustrating
>>
>>2288999
They have similar color in the coats and a lot are bred to have the same eyes/body of the ACD.

The main physical difference is in the length of the coat.

Just look back to early working examples of the breed that would become the AS and then compare it to the modern example of the AS, it has had a distinct change in appearance, purely for appearance sake.
>>
>>2289147
Honestly, if you're already selling nudes, you might as well take up camming.
>>
>>2289155
Do this. That way it doesn't escalate and pervs will compete with how much they donate.
>>
>>2281741
thefirsttoknow
>>
>>2289187
?
>>
>dudebro neighbor
>adopts a husky puppy literally on impulse
>fucker's huge before he's six months old
>doesn't really train him
>jumps up on people all the time, nipping at hands and digging in with his claws wherever he can find purchase
>"just like kick him or slap him or something, he'll be fine"
>dog hops his fence on an almost daily basis
>neighbor's a chef so he's almost never home
>I always have to chase him down because nobody wants a poorly-socialized massive puppy terrorizing neighborhood children and tearing up peoples' yards
>one time, had to lure him back by shaking a half-dead squirrel at him like a toy
>neighbor tears down fence and ties a lead around a tree
>"he just gets out anyway why even have a fence"
>neighbor's wife is lazy garbage and just puts dog outside on lead all day
>dog would literally just lie in the grass and howl non-stop for hours on end
>>
>>2282201
>Mexican
Has anybody else noticed that neglected animals in overgrown yards have Mexican owners far more often than their share of the population would suggest?
>>
>>2282729
Sounds like a guard dog.
>>
>>2288312
>>
>>2289218
This is so sad :(
>>
>>2284413
>didn't even attack him at all
While I sympathize with the rest of the story, this seems dubious. In my experience, dog owners excuse shitty, agressive behavior as being friendly more often than not.
>>
File: 1470034421538.jpg (110KB, 497x640px) Image search: [Google]
1470034421538.jpg
110KB, 497x640px
>>2288271
>I have an idea, Get a mask and rape your cat everytime she goes outside...

low quality bait, here's your (You).
>>
>>2289131
That guy is a shitty person, but in that situation I would've probably done what you did... are you sure you can trust him though? Do you have a plan if he decides he wants to use the pics to blackmail you or something like that? I realize you probably don't want to think about it but better safe than sorry
>>
>>2289131
>300$ a week for doing literally nothing
go fuck yourself I hope you get raped, cunt.
also your pictures are probably already being shared, either online or between his friends
>>
>>2281990
I think they're asking you to slap the shit out of them until they keep their backwards opinions to themselves

seriously fuck anyone who tries to enforce their awful, harmful treatment of their pets onto other people
>>
>>2283266
shit like this happens to me too which is why I started carrying bars of chocolate with me. I nonchalantly throw pieces on the ground where the dog can reach
>>
>>2289339
>thinking that will do anything

The dog would have to eat massive amounts of chocolate to do anything. At worse you're just giving them the shits.
>>
>>2289329
>being this butthurt

Guys like you are the ones who will pay $300 a week for nudes when they are literally free online.
>>
There has been a series of animal mutilations in London, Ontario, Canada. It might go back at least two years. Recently it have gone from wild animals to domestic dogs and cats. Police suspect it's only a matter of time before there is a human victim.

...and from what I've seen so far, the first victim will probably be a child. Or someone homeless. Someone who has been practicing on animals for this long is probably a beta who can't even confront a woman unless she's homeless or a drug addict. I'm really hoping that I am wrong, but I probably won't be. When Tori Stafford trial was going on and the details was on my morning radio, I correctly guessed many details that came out due to way too many John Douglas books and how psycopaths are less snowflakes than the rest of us (all are very similar to each other): I guessed right that there would be snuff and/or child porn on the male unsub's computer, that he has shopped around for an accomplice before, and that when the submissive accomplice killed the victim, the victim's face was covered

...and I just found out from CBC that apparently, London, Ontario, was at one point, the world's serial killer capital.

No pictures here, pictures at CBC if you can bear it.

Slow reaction to animal mutilations in London, Ont. allowed killer to escalate: criminologist
WARNING: This article contains graphic images
By Derek Spalding, Dan Taekema, CBC News Posted: Dec 23, 2016 3:47 PM ET

London, Ont., was world's 'serial killer capital': UWO prof
During 25-year period, there were 32 homicides, with all victims being women, children, author says
CBC News Posted: Aug 31, 2015 5:00 AM ET Last Updated: Mar 20, 2016 11:09 AM ET
>>
>>2289342
>pay $300 a week for nudes when they are literally free online

I wouldn't pay $300 a /week/ for nudes, but I would definitely pay for porn if it means I know what I am looking at. Online, you don't know if you are looking of nudes of someone UNDERAGE - especially since there are so much attention starved teens online these days.

You don't know if you are looking at pictures of a crime in progress, and you don't know if it wasn't a crime at the time it was taken, but that it being shared now is.

- why I'm on /h/ even though I prefer my nudes to be 3D
>>
File: 1458061843217.jpg (44KB, 429x485px) Image search: [Google]
1458061843217.jpg
44KB, 429x485px
>Have pet rats
>Visit family for xmas
>OHAI ANON YOU STILL HAVE RATS?
>Proceed to tell me stories of how they poisoned, clubbed with a spade, or otherwise murdered wild rats
>Laugh like it's funny

Seriously, why the fuck do people go out of their way to tell you the times they've killed animals like your pets? Okay, I can understand having to deal with vermin infestations, but laughing about how they've killed the type of pets I own is not fucking funny.

I'm sure rat owners can back me up here. Tell people you own rats and the reaction will either be:
>Look of revulsion and fear, like you've told them you have a plague-ridden cobra
>Cautiously polite 'oh'
>Promptly tell you a story of how they've killed a wild rat before

Every fucking time.
>>
>>2282755
my current dog barks and I have no idea how to stop it. Not at the park or anything, mostly in the yard at night.

>somebody sweeping, barks
>dog next door barks, barks
>someone walking across the street, barks
>possum in tree, barks
>cat in tree, barks
>discovers strange object or wildlife in backyard, barks

Once something has set her off she's totally fixated and I have to quickly drag her inside and shut up all the doors (annoying in summer). I leave her inside during the day because I have no idea if she does it when I'm out and I don't want her to piss off the neighbours. One of my neighbours have two yappers that do it all day when they're out.
>>
>>2289443
There was a mouse at the restaurant I clean and the other day I cornered it while washing the floors with the sprayer, and I drowned that son of a bitch with a 40 PSI scalding hot stream of justice.
>>
>>2289443
Rat owner, can relate. Just keep loving your rats, anon. They're better than most people anyway.
>>
>>2289443
Shitty people gon' be shitty, remove them from your life.
Clearly they give a fuck about your feelings, and enjoy hurting you. Show them some human gore to put it in perspective what they make you feel.
>>
>>2281740
my best friend and his wife are the type of idiots who let their 3 cats go outside constantly where they wander and have free range of the entire neighborhood. They will leave town for days knowing 1 or more of the cats is outside, figuring it will either crawl into the small shitty hidey they have built or that a neighbor will take pity on it if bad weather comes up, they ignore the leash law & have had their cats picked up and sent to the pound where they have had to pay a fine to prevent it from getting put to sleep nearly a dozen times and add the fact that they lose 2 cats a year to either getting hit by a car or just straight up disappearing only to replace em with another stray or some giveaway cat off craigslist just for the same shit to happen again.
>>
>>2288696
no your cat is dead because of you. you knew it wasn't being cared for properly and instead of giving it to someone who could take care of it right you let the situation (which you knew would end badly) keep going until it ended exactly how you knew it would
>>
>>2289131
seriously if your giving out nudes you might as well just start fucking guys for money and make $300 an hour instead of a week since you're already a whore
>>
File: IMG-20161231-WA0000.jpg (131KB, 890x1034px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20161231-WA0000.jpg
131KB, 890x1034px
>tfw accidently left cat alone with hamster, while he was in his freeroam area.
RIP little buddy, i am so sorry
>>
>>2289761
>catfag being a shitty neglectful owner

Why am I not surprised?
>>
>>2289446
>leaves dog outside to bark at night

Why are you such a shitty owner anon? You know this thread is about people like you, right?
>>
>>2281740
>work in pet store
>endless sigh and complaints about dog and cat maintenance even when their pet is dying
>>
>>2289443

Tarantula fag here.

>"The only good x is a dead one!"
>"I kill x's all the time!"
>"If I ever see it out, I'll kill it!"

That last one makes me the angriest. If you're a guest at someone's home, you shouldn't be so fucking autistic as to threaten to kill their pet.
>>
>>2289850
I'll admit anon, I don't like tarantulas, but there's no fucking way I'd ever say I'd kill your pet. I may not like them, but you do, so why should I be a dick and tell you I'd kill it if I saw it?

People are assholes.
>>
File: g3wz6c6zmgeezcgnbdm9.jpg (120KB, 636x358px) Image search: [Google]
g3wz6c6zmgeezcgnbdm9.jpg
120KB, 636x358px
>>2289747

Holy shit! they have a pretty high kill count for being pet owners. good on them for culling the stray/extra population.
>>
>>2281740
Not about other pet owners, this one is about me. I've watched other people's dogs and taken care of family pets. I always thought I was pretty good with animals. Me and my wife adopted a dog from someone on craigslist recently. She's a great dog, but whenever I take her out on a walk its a fucking nightmare. She's never been leash trained before and she bolts after every small animal she sees, whines, and barks and cries whenever she sees another dog. I've tried calming her but she just freaks out. On top of that I get nasty looks from other people like I'm beating my dog or something, when I'm just standing there, or picking her up to go inside. Desperate for any advice on what I'm fucking up and how to calm my dog down.
>>
>>2281888
Yeah I thought dogs were primarily food motivated. Nothing wrong with that, doesn't mean they don't love you or whatever the dog equivalent is for love. I think the anthropomorphizing of animals is damaging to the animal and the owner.
>>
>>2289996

I knew an old woman who was dead-set convinced that snakes were evil. As in intentionally malicious. She thought they had the ability to think like a human and something something muh Adam and Eve and all snakes are out to get us and blah blah.
>>
>>2289990

Start leash-training in your backyard. Do you know anyone with reasonably calm dogs? You can have them come over for short training sessions.
>>
>>2290007

>expecting a terrified 14 year old to be completely in control

Not excusing the action but come on
>>
>>2290035
Unfortunately I'm a rent fag, don't have a back yard. But I do have friends with dogs. Will try this in the evenings when less people are out.
>>
>>2290012
maybe learn to read
>>
>>2289342
I wouldnt even pay a fraction of that for actual intercourse.
are you some sort of obese ghoul that cant get laid?

kys
>>
>>2289761
>your cat is aggressive towards other pets
You failed as an owner.
>>
>>2290007
this. never ever hit my dog. and she was happy and never abused.
I guess hitting dogs is just normal in the US. man we really need to nuke that shithole
>>
>>2290059

Just remember to watch her threshhold. When she starts becoming unresponsive to verbal commands or treats, she's past it and you should remove the other dog so she has a chance to calm down.
>>
>>2290059
Yeah, usually when she freaks and I lose control of her I just scoop her up and bring her in asap. ty for the advice kind anon.
>>
>>2290107
meant to reply to >>2290095
>>
>>2287599
Not an expert by any means but hitting your dog as a means of training could backfire in so many ways.
>>
>>2289329
Damn dude. I wish I could sell my nudes for $300/week. I'm not even mad, why u mad tho?
>>
>>2287075
Where do you live? I might be willing to take some, have had rats for about 10 years, though it's unlikely we're near each other.
>>
>>2290045

I teach 14 year olds. They don't.
>>
>>2284414
the owner is kind of at fault there too
keeping dogs in a yard is fucking retarded, dogs will escape to fuck around the first opportunity they get

a dog's place to sleep and hang around is inside the house

even if it's a guard dog
leaving guard dogs alone in the yard is fucking retarded beyond the realms of retardation and goes against all good training
>>
>>2284623
doing god's work anon
but I still feel bad for the doggos
they didn't chose their fucking retarded owners

the best part is they think their dog is guarding their propriety without any training for it

fucking casual faggot ass autistic mouth breathers
>>
>>2287570
you have to be at least 20 times more stubborn than your dog
>>
File: 1455242868698.gif (870KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1455242868698.gif
870KB, 245x245px
>>2290007
>I can't believe a child displayed poor judgment in a stressful situation!

Take a backflip off the nearest skyscraper, try to make a nice pattern when you hit the bottom for me, will ya?
>>
>>2289805
>leaves dog outside to bark at night
Are you retarded? We leave all the back doors open in the evenings to let the cool air in.

It's called living in a subtropical climate.
>>
>>2290036
Never seen anyone project this hard.
>>
>>2289155
I have way too much anxiety for that and I really really don't want to..

>>2289158
is that really how it works? I don't know anything about camming

>>2289325
well his channel made it relatively big this past year and a lot of our mutual friends in the YT community are more successful than him, so he knows doing something like that would look pretty damn bad for him. He's desperate to keep what he has accomplished and I really don't think would jeopardize that. he probably knows that could easily take screenshots of the conversations between us about it if I wanted it. But we have been friends for a while and he really just doesn't seem like the type, but idk for sure obviously.

>>2289329
>>2289752
>>2290028
don't get angry with me for doing what I have to do to get my dog the medical care he needs instead of being a shitty neglectful owner. He doesn't deserve that

>>2289416
Like I said I really don't think he's going to keep up with that amount of money but right now that's what he's doing. And I think he's paying a higher amount than normal because he has had feelings for me for a while and I'm willing to do some things related to uncommon fetishes he has. so yeah

>>2289996
>>2290032
My mother is the same way and it's so ridiculous. found a little garter snake in the back yard when I was a kid and was playing with it, my mom saw and absolutely freaked the fuck out. She made my dad chop its head off with a shovel and made me watch. Said that it was "cleansing our property of the devil". Cried like a bitch after. once I get in a stable situation and stable income I want to get a snakebro
>>
>>2290482
Camming is pretty safe.
You don't have to show your face (masks are pretty popular), plus there's a disconnect, unless you're famous your cam life and your real life will never intersect.
And that means that you get to avoid the predators like that dude offering you money for nudes directly - he has your name/handle and that is linked to shit.
>>
>>2282377
>Aspermont Texas
>https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Aspermont,+TX+79502,+USA/@33.1378617,-100.2426927,5059m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x8655bdb0610741b9:0xefd05104e605d3c5!8m2!3d33.1334307!4d-100.2273276

not the same guy but that place literally has one store m8 & basically 40km from the nearest anything and it's a fucking couger, like how do you even deal with that
Thread posts: 293
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.