[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

German Shepherds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DSC_0447.jpg (163KB, 1023x680px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0447.jpg
163KB, 1023x680px
Is it too late to get a German Shepherd?
I've always thought they were amazing dogs, and my dad and his family always had them growing up and he would tell us stories and show us pictures. I've always wanted one myself.
But is sounds like they're too much of a risk, too much health problems, too much uncertainty and too expensive to get a good one that passes the tests.

Where would I find a good healthy one and how much should I be expecting to pay for it?
>>
side question is there anywhere in the world where they still function as "shepherds"?
>>
>>2281398
Maybe, my aunt got a Yorkie that still functioned as a ratter.

Managed to get like 17 of them in her old storage unit in an afternoon.
>>
just get a chocolate laboratory, they're great dogs
>>
>>2281407
>chocolate laboratory
pffft
>>
>>2281380
The OFA exists for a reason. Go to a breeder who does all recommended health tests and whose dogs work or are all titled in a sport.
>>
>>2281380
The only reason German Shepherds get a bad health rep is because of their popularity, hence fuckwit backyards breeders make good profits and sell many puppies to retards. Look for reputable breeders and other information here. http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/
>>
What are the health problems with gsd? Hip problems? My mutt doesn't have the roach back but he snores, is that pretty common?
>>
>>2281500
Everything under the sun is wrong with them nowadays. They're ruined as a breed.
>>
>>2281380
You would have to research breeders. And you would probably have to buy a working GSD instead of the regular show ones they sell people. I know this breeder in Florida is selling these special Russian versuons of the GSD. It's supposed to have less problems than the original.
>>
>>2281554
http://www.russianshepherd.net/
>>
File: East Yuro Sheph.jpg (86KB, 600x398px) Image search: [Google]
East Yuro Sheph.jpg
86KB, 600x398px
>>2281554
You're thinking of the Eastern European Shepherd.
It's not actually an German Shepherd. It was based off of them to create an entirely different breed that's bigger, stronger and more cold resistant.
They're the top choice of dog for Russian military and police. Like we usually use GSDs and Malinois, they use the Eastern Yuro Shepherd. They're actually quite based.
>>
>>2281504
not true at all. As long as you avoid shitty breeders they are as healthy as any other breed,
>>
>>2281407

I think you mean a chocolate pitbull
>>
>>2281380
The thing with GSDs is even breeders that look good can actually be shitty, so it's important to do a lot of digging and be picky.
>>
Step 1:acquire german shepherd
Step 2:breed it with similar looking dog of different breed

You now have a healthy german shepherd
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.