[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is a domesticated fox just another dog?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

Is a domesticated fox just another dog?
>>
it is actually something between a cat and a dog.
actually the worst of both worlds.
>>
>>2280535
Yeah it's just a dog you can't do dog activities with and doesn't act like a dog and can't vaccinate against rabies like a dog
>>
>>2280535
Furries and underage b& need to leave
>>
Foxes tear shit up, they're loud. They're illegal in pretty much all states. In the states that they're not, you still have to have a permit if you're going to take it *anywhere* other than your home, file it at least thirty days in advance, etc.
You have to build a fox proof outdoor enclosure that costs, at bare minimum, 1200 dollars.
They may or may not like to be touched. They BITE. You can never have kids of your own or around them.
That's just my experience with family friends who owned foxes. Maybe one of them was responsible enough for it. There's plenty of cats and dogs at your local shelter, OP.
>>
when the Russians said they "domesticated" the foxes, really they just observed morphological and behavioral change over 10-15 generations. Basically they proved how quickly an animals morphology and behavior can change, which was very significant, however dogs have been living alongside humans for tens of thousands of years, and modern houses are very fragile and delicate on the inside, given how animals act in the wild. So while it's possible to feed nearly any animal from it's youth and get it be accustomed to you, most animals suck at being pets in the modern sense, because gnawing, scratching and running a lot is pretty atypical behavior for almost anything in the wild, but not so much in a modern home
>>
>>2280535
No such thing as a "domestic" fox. It takes a hell of a lot longer than 50 years to domesticate an animal.
Most places still consider ferrets semi-wild animals and they've been in process of domestication for thousands of years.

That said I agree with >>2280554
Foxes are the embodiment of the worst things about cats and dogs. Hyperactive, love to chew and destroy things, usually hate being handled, quick to bite, and piss absolutely everywhere. And trust me, fox urine is much, much worse than cat pee.
>>
>>2281032
I've tried to explain this to a friend but she couldn't see how cruel or just ridiculous it was to keep a pet fox.

"But anon, they've learned to wag their tails! Just like dogs!" FFS.
>>
After thousands of selective breeding for the same traits as dogs were, would foxes become more genetically similar to dogs even if no interbreeding occurred?
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.