[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /an/. After 13 long years, I had to put my cat to sleep due

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

Hey /an/. After 13 long years, I had to put my cat to sleep due to cancer. How do you guys deal with the lost of a companion?
>>
>>2280348
>cat
>companion

Lol
>>
>>2280348
It's never easy anon, and everyone grieves the loss of a pet in different ways.
But know this, right now you're sad and your heart aches. You miss your pet because you know you'll never again see the little things this animal has done to leave such a mark on your heart. You know your time together is over.
As time passes however, you'll still miss all the little things this animal has done to leave such a mark on your heart, only because you were thinking about one of these specific things.
With a little more time you'll think about one of these many things, but you won't feel as sad because now it's starting to become a fond memory instead of a feeling of loss.
Eventually you'll get to the point where you remember these little things, and happiness will be the emotion you produce instead of sadness, just be aware that it takes time. I hope this helps anon.
Also, don't be surprised if this thread gets hit by trolls fishing for reactions. It's so much easier to come up with a funny insult about a dead cat than all that shit I just typed.
Sorry for your loss.
>>
>>2280348
Get a new cat. Maybe a kitten from an animal shelter.

Mourn not for those that were loved and lived a long and happy life, mourn those who were never loved at all and put down three weeks after being born.
>>
File: p1683515105-5.jpg (394KB, 1100x734px) Image search: [Google]
p1683515105-5.jpg
394KB, 1100x734px
>>2280362
This. It's actually kind of endearing that animals only live 10 years or so, because that pet got its ENTIRE life filled with love. Think of how many humans spend their last 10 or so years alone in a nursing home, forgotten because they live just too long. Your pet was happily loved till its last breath. And now you can fill up the life of another shelter pet. I hope that helps you find solace.
>>
it's not easy. it's been over a year since I had to have my 16 yo cat put down for the same reason. just know that you gave him the best possible life. I was against getting another cat but here I am now with a stray cat and her kittens. they won't replace my original cat but they are trying to. yes I got them all fixed and their shots.
>>
File: geddy smacking dat bass.jpg (25KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
geddy smacking dat bass.jpg
25KB, 500x336px
>>2280348
putting a pet to sleep is the ultimate form of love you can give to an animal

>>2280362
this
>>
>>2280357
>>2280362
>>2280396
>>2280410
>>2280413
I guess you guys are right. It's just hard waking up every morning with my usual routine and thinking that she'll follow suit throughout the day and night. Maybe I'll get a new cat, but that's something I can't go through with just yet, mostly due to current personal and financial issues. I'm glad that all of you understand what it's like to go through something like this. Thank you.
>>
>>2280348

I lost my 18 year old cat this summer due to acute kidney failure. It sucked major balls and expecting your buddy to be there - but she isn't - hurt like hell for a long time.

I scrounged up all the pictures I had of her and made a little collage for my wall. I helped me deal.

I'm picking up two strays (a mother/daughter combo) from the shelter this weekend. 6 months of cat-less grieving was enough for me, but we're all different I guess. Take your time and let it heal.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.