[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Greyhounds

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: Blue_greyhound.jpg (2MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Blue_greyhound.jpg
2MB, 1600x1200px
Any of you own a Greyhound? Are they nice?

There's a big Greyhound racing venue in our town and as a result there's a shelter for retired race hounds to be adopted, I've been considering getting one.

Post those Greyhounds and other Sighthounds
>>
>>2280223
I don't have personal experience raising them, but my aunt and uncle have three rescue greyhounds and they are all docile, gentle sweethearts.
A bit too streamlined to be cuddly and they need plenty of exercise, but they are very loving animals.
>>
This guy comes to the daycare where I work. He's super chill, doesn't really play with other dogs but loves people and he's very cuddly.

Until I met him I had no idea that greyhounds' teeth chatter when they're excited. Freaked me out at first
>>
File: IMG_0974.jpg (87KB, 576x740px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0974.jpg
87KB, 576x740px
>>2280232
I'm an idiot, forgot the pic. His name is Joe
>>
Honest question: What floors do you have? Mother in law takes these things in and they always seem super scared of hard wood floors.
>>
>>2280247
Tiled kitchen and hallway, carpet everywhere else
>>
How impossible is it to have a greyhound with cats? Most rescues won't even let me fill out an application when they hear I have cats.

>>2280247
Dogs that were not kept inside often or kenneled most of their life tend to be scared of hard wood and slippery floors. I see it often in dogs.
>>
>>2280570
Cats run a lot and greyhounds are bred to chase running animals so unless they were born at the same time and bonded,and even then I'd avise against it
>>
>>2280574
Well the main problem he's facing is they're retired racing hounds, which makes them almost 100% likely to chase and eat the cat. Still good dogs, but I wouldn't if I owned another animal that's not a dog or kept in a cage.
>>
they are super obedient
like really super obedient
it bores me tbqh
>>
>>2280223
I was curious about getting a Spanish greyhound since they are actually pretty different from regular greyhounds and are better adapted at running on uneven terrain to catch prey. Spanish greyhounds are better hunters than the regular ones. Though idk if they're as good as the salukis because salukis are supposed to be the fastest.
>>
>>2281560
Spanish greyhounds (galgos) are bred for hunting, they have more endurance and can run on uneven ground better than english ones, which were breed for racing, but are a bit slower. Their personality is more or less the same, but I'd say they are a bit more timid.

No idea about how they compare to salukis tho.
>>
despite their size they are actually great apartment dogs. besides needing a good walk once a day they sleep the rest of the time. literally.
>>
>>2280223
We have a grey and a saluki - both are super-chill doggos, with the saluki the less so (fucker wants to hunt 24/7 and sees small dogs, cats etc as prey).

Really love greys, lovely tempraments in most cases so long as the kennel hasn't abused them (and most don't despite some of the anti-race propaganda).

They can take a bit of house-training due to living in kennels, but dogs are habitually keen. Travel well, and don't mind crates and kennels, but are comfy doggos in the extreme due to being bony and (literally) thin-skinned. They feel the cold/heat more than many doggos, too.

Though fast, they are short-winded, and don't mind short walks once a day and then sleeping most of the rest. Cos of being kennels with many companions, they can be very unhappy being left alone for long periods.

My fave doggos, great pets and real bros.
>>
>>2280570
>How impossible is it to have a greyhound with cats? Most rescues won't even let me fill out an application when they hear I have cats.

Good rescues will cat-test dogs that seem likely to be OK around cats. Generally if they meet a cat that is feisty and stands-up for itself they will learn some respect and be fine with them - quickly learn they are part of the household.

>>2281560
>Though idk if they're as good as the salukis because salukis are supposed to be the fastest.

Our saluki can outpace an ex-racing greyhound - he's breathtakingly fast, can easily clear a 6-foot wall and is strong as an ox - much more so than a greyhound. They're real hunting dogs, but great with people. Not wildly intelligent though - like greyhounds! They do need more exercise and stimulation than greys.

>>2280629
>they are super obedient
>like really super obedient
>it bores me tbqh

Doesn;t sound like any grey I've ever met - stubborn and wilful as cats most of 'em!
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.