[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My cat suddenly turns extremely violent whenever I leave the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: cat.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
My cat suddenly turns extremely violent whenever I leave the house for a while and come back. She wails, hisses, shrieks, and viciously lashes out at me, doing everything she can to prevent me from making it back to my room. Once there, she gets defensive, hides for a while, and then returns to her normal, docile behavior. I'm at my wit's end and I don't know what to do. This can't happen every time I'm away for more than a few hours.
>>
>>2280197
Throw her away and get a new one
>>
>>2280197
Cats have clan behavior and if you don't smell like you normally do from before you leave it might be affecting it
Talk to your vet see what they have to say, maybe shes sick and shes trying to tell you and you arent getting the signs.
>>
>>2280207
this. but don't get a new one
you'll be a better person for it
>>
>>2280214
I was wondering if that might have something to do with it. I probably should take her to the vet.
>>
>>2280197
>cat
>extremely violent

Why the fuck did you get a cat if you can't handle an animal that is extremely violent?
>>
>>2280197
She's probably thinks she's claimed your room as her territory. Try shitting on your bed before you leave the house.
>>
>>2280197

kick her
>>
Your cat has severe territorial issues. Try and found out if their is an outside cat that visits your windows or property every night that could be triggering your cats defensive behavior.

Other than that stop free feeding your cat and feed it when you get home. It will start to associate your arrival with food and become less defensive.
>>
>>2280435
She actually does harass a load of visitor cats through windows during the day. Will try feeding.
>>
>>2280197
Spray it with water spray bottle
>>
>>2280441
See if theirs a TNR program in your area and if they would target your property. Neutering any males that have set up territory on your property will stop the hormonal urge to keep marking their territory. Motion sensing water sprinklers will deter any new males from setting up shop after the neutered male stops visiting.
>>
>>2281532
Might as well, thank you. She seems to have calmed down a bit but she still acts like she doesn't know who I am.
>>
>>2281589
cats are stupid like that some times.
my cat scratched me once and I put that thing to sleep.

cats are really unpredictable but when a good one strikes you then you are lucky to have it

I'd say to get a new cat, how can you love something that doesn't even recognize you? it must be like living with someone with alzheimers
>>
>>2281594
Nobody is going to take this bait mate.
>>
>>2281603
Not that poster but, how is that bait? You should put a cat down who scratches randomly just as you should put a dog down who bites unprovoked
>>
Your cat is having power struggles with you.

Keep your bedroom door closed and deny the cat access to the room when you're not home. This will send the cat the message that the bedroom is not her territory, but yours.

If she acts territorial, pick her up and put her in a different room. Then close her off from the room she's acting territorial in. Teach her that you control the space.
>>
>>2281632
>If she acts territorial, pick her up
Don't know if OP has a death wish
>>
>>2281632
This is the /an/ equivalent of broscience
>>
>>2281652
Sure, but the method seems sound if it actually is a territorial problem. Moving around boundaries is pretty much what you do when other animals are being too territorial to conspecifics.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2187x1643px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2187x1643px
Any idea what could cause this? I plan on taking her to the vet on Monday, but I could also use your opinion.

Sorry if the pic rotates
>>
>>2281643
>being unable to control an 8 pound animal

Catfags are such pussies
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.