[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the focus on contemporary Africans and extinctions?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: steinheimer-murr-wasserbueffel.jpg (280KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
steinheimer-murr-wasserbueffel.jpg
280KB, 800x800px
I don't get it. Every time I see Africans or African wildlife or Africa on here people seem to talk so negatively about the natives and their relations to fauna.

But ancient Europeans killed every single example of megafauna and even insular giants.

Giant elk, water buffalo, dwarf and large elephants and hippos, giant cranes, giant tortoises, etc... thousands of years ago.

Same with Asia and Australia and the Americas. Africa is the sole remaining region in the world with megafauna to the extent of them being quite commonplace. This is likely due to extremely long histories of adaption to hominid behavior and a general disgust of wild animal foods outside of rainforests.

But isn't it biased to see African poor hunting elephant and rhino? I mean they are still there, it's not as if Europeans weren't encouraging ivory hunting for centuries and rinderpest being brought in by them forcing hunting.

So what gives /an/?
>>
>>2279728
it's not biased because Ivory was a luxury good for Europeans that were used to make goods that last (jewelry) while chinks harvest ivory to snort for shaman-boner pills
>>
>>2279730
But the results are the same. Dead animals.

Also Chinese do in fact make many things from ivory. Quite ornate and intricate too.
>>
That's because like in many other places, but especially africa, overpopulation of humans is eating up space for wildlife more and more every year.
>>
Because we can't save already extinct animals.
>>
>>2279776
Spot on. Why sit back and allow the last megafauna to die out when we can intervene?

(also, all that other shit happened long ago like you say OP, so you already know it's not the same)
>>
>>2279775
Over population isn't the issue though anon
>>2279792
But then why not come from that standpoint and not denigrate the humans who honestly could have killed all these animals thousands of years ago.

Clearly the sense of superiority and the seeming hatred of Africans isn't necessary.

If the animals of the land are so important than it would seem that it is the rest of the world and not they who are inferior.
>>
>>2279803
>Over population isn't the issue though anon
nice libtard meme you have there
>>
>>2279728
>expecting people in the stone age to care about preserving wildlife
>expecting africans to get out of the stone age
>>
>>2279728
You can't change the past, and nigs gonna nig.
If you want to have a discussion great, but I believe I nailed your bullet points.
>>
>>2279803
I don't think it has much to do with hatred of africans, but rather with trying to stop people who kill endangered animals.
>>
>>2279728
>Thinks humans killed every single now extinct megafuana
>>
>>2279828
>South Africa
>Roughly the size of Europe
>Population: Around 3M people

The same goes for many other African countries. The truth is that Africa is one of the least densely populated continents.
>>
>>2279832
Africa has firmly been in the iron age for about 2-3k years
>>2279834
But clearly "nigs nigging" is something Europeans had done in South Africa with the Quagga and Bluebuck rather than the indigenous populations.

Megafaunal extinction is not the hallmark of indigenous Africans for the most part, I can think of only three occasions. But the degree of extinctions of fauna is a hallmark of Europeans into the 20th century.
>>
>>2279730
Chinese make boner pills out of rhino horns - not ivory. They carve pretty shit out of ivory too.

And tiger bone is apparantly mainly for arthritis, though the entire animal has supposed medicinal value, so it isn't as though they leave a tiger corpse behind when they harvest bones.

unlike say, shooting bison from a train back in the day.
>>
>>2279728
because we can't do anything about that past, but the african and asian poaching stuff is going on now still.
>>
>>2279984
only because europe colonized it and left them stuff. the people aren't out of the stone age mindset

>>2280062
chinks make supposed boner pills and aids cures out of literally everything. it's terrible.

go find and endangered animals wikipedia page, and you will most likely see "over-hunted due to use in traditional chinese medicine." It's awful
>>
>>2280062
>Bullshit pseudoscience is okay if it's not WASTEFUL guys!
>It's okay to hunt endangered animals as long as it feeds a scam!

when did /an/ become so edgy?
>>
>>2280082
But the fact remains that Europeans killed off and destroyed many animal communities. The Mbuti and Efe and Baka tribes never hunted Gorilla out of respect but it was Europeans who killed and stole them for museums and side shows.

The exploration of wild animals out of monetary gain and not subsistence is squarely on those who actively encouraged and formed said economic relationship.

It a not about stone age or not. Clearly the supposed "civilized" Europeans from the time of Romans causing the end of North African Elephant birthed poaching as we know it today.
>>
>>2279728
>So what gives /an/?
Most of /an/ is 12 year olds who aren't aware of megafaunal extinctions outside of the poaching crisis in Africa. It's that simple.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.