[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

I need serious help.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_171.png (395KB, 494x374px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_171.png
395KB, 494x374px
Hi /an/ Its been awhile scince ive posted here. Anyway to get to the point i set up a 55 gallon on saturday and moved all of my fish into the tank.
Now i used "quick start" by api so i thaught i wouldnt have to cycle the tank. I used water conditioner aswell. In the aquarium i used old sand that was in both of the previous aquairums and also the old decor. I used the old filter aswell until i can get a larger filter ( the current one is rated for 40. I let it sit and run for about 30 minutes before adding the fish. Now onto where youre going to think this is serious b8 and it isnt. I have three goldfish. And also some tetras and such. I found that if you keep them at 74 degrees all the fish can live happily. Well long story short i messed up.The goldfish are showing serious signs of "new tank syndrome". I keep doing amonia tests and water changes but the shit wont go down ive changed about 15 gallons of water so far. Nothings working please help me.

On another note i also cannot get rid of the goldfish.Ive tried and nobody would take them. Im trying to give them the best life i can until i get my own place and get a pond so please just tell me how to get the amonia down.

>pic unrelated
>>
>>2279697
I've spent years telling /aq/ that the bacteria in a bottle doesn't do anything.

anyways, you're going to be doing a fish-in cycle now. I would recommend monitoring ammonia daily, changing 25% water ever time the fish show distress, and dosing water treatment that removes ammonia and nitrite.

I use amquel plus in my saltwater tanks for that kind of situation. I think Prime does the same work.
>>
>>2279701
Thank you anon.
I literally cannot thank you enough.
So 25% water change daily With a conditioner?
>>
>>2279702
I reread what you said ill make my way to the pet store tomorrow for the amonia stuff
>>
>>2279702
I wouldn't do daily changes. I'd just check ammonia daily and change water when it spikes.
>>
>>2279706
The test strips say its at dangerous levels right now and ive changed 10 gallons of water so far. How would i know when it spikes
>>
>>2279707
when test strips say dangerous just change 1/4 to 1/2 of the water or treat it with ammonia remover when you get it.

also test your tap water and make sure it doesn't have ammonia in it.
>>
>>2279709
Rodger that
>>
>>2279710
Copy that
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.