[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Older cat acting super dominate towards young cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: 20161129_202012.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161129_202012.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
Hi /an/, need some advice for my cats. We have three males, a 3 year old, 2 year old, and a 9 month old. The older cats have been together for a little over a year, but the youngest has been home for about 4 months. Normally they get along great. Every now and then though, the 2 year old will start acting really dominate toward the 9 month old. He'll do anything out of the random from forcefully sitting on the little guy to full on tackling him and biting his face. The youngest cat is definitely terrified when this happens, and I'm concerned that he will eventually end up getting seriously hurt. Is there any way we can wean our middle cat from his violent outbursts.

Pic related, it's the feisty little dick himself.
>>
>place too small to keep the coffee maker in the kitchen
>3 cats

how do i know your place reeks, oh pee?
>>
>>2278887
Coffee maker in pic isn't in use. Replaced it w/ a Keurig a few months ago and I was going to give the old one to a friend. Too fucking lazy to remember.
>>
>>2278888
>3 cats
>unused coffee maker in bedroom for months
>keurig
>lazy

all signs still point to stench
>>
>>2278875
>hi, an, we have 3 shitty, neurotic, aggressive pets and they're not cohabitating like we thought they would. Plz help
Color me surprised.
>>
>>2278875

Beat the shit out of him. You become the pack leader. If tries anything beat him harder. If he doesn't want to coexist in peace he will coexist in fear.
>>
>>2278923
>Normally they get along great.

I take it reading comprehension wasn't your strongest suit in grade school, anon.
>>
>>2278938
you're an idiot
>>
>>2278942
It's alright man. I understand how reading several grades behind everyone else can manifest in a form of aggressive behavior on a Mongolian Pet Board. Any idea on how to curve a similar set of aggression out of a male cat?
>>
>>2278949
>curve

you're still an idiot
>>
File: 1481078725064.jpg (43KB, 570x587px) Image search: [Google]
1481078725064.jpg
43KB, 570x587px
>>2278938
>y-you di... din. Didn't mention th-the other p-part so u-u must read not g-good
>h-haha
Far be it for me to call out a retard and mock him when he lacks the mental capacity to understand implications.
>>
>>2278949
>reading several grades behind

does your mommy know you're on a website for adults?
>>
>>2278924
Continuing on this vein, make sure he's watching you whenever you're on the shitter. Don't flush, and make sure he's sees this. It'll show him that you're the boss and you don't have to clean your shit for anyone. I guarantee he won't dare go near the little one whenever you're around
>>
>>2278938
>>2278887
>>2278892
why are you an asshole
>>
>>2278887
hi bugguy
>>
I have a similar problem with aggression. I've got two male cats, 1 year apart in age, that got along great when they were younger. However, when they grew up, one got to be a lot bigger than the other, which led to him naturally assuming the dominant role. This didn't sit well with the younger male, who'd been the biggest of his litter and the more dominant of the two during their kitten years.

Their frequent dominance spats have recently escalated to the point where the younger cat will charge at and attack the older one with no warning, especially if he's feeling frustrated. The thing that gets him most worked up seems to be being held too long. I still live at home, and my parents always pick him up to smother him in kisses and keep holding him long after he's made it clear he wants down. He knows enough not to attack people, but if the other cat is anywhere in the room at the time he'll lunge for him as soon as they put him down.

OP - in the past we've been able to resolve aggression by making sure there are multiple different sources for food, water, and litter. A good rule of thumb is one for every cat plus a spare - that way they don't feel like they need to defend their spaces, and your kitten can safely go about its life while avoiding situations that could lead to it being attacked. Create spaces that each cat can feel like it owns. I don't know what your living situation is like, so this might be difficult if you live in a smaller house.

If it still persists, it could be related to the way you interact with the cats. Try spending more time playing with your oldest - giving it special attention could help to reassure it of its place.
>>
Immediately slapping/kicking/shouting at the attacking cat puts a quick stop to this behavior.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.