[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vaccinations

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1481459545118.jpg (43KB, 500x344px) Image search: [Google]
1481459545118.jpg
43KB, 500x344px
Last time I got one of my three dogs vaccinated, she was in agony, throwing up, couldn't walk and had seizures - all that required an emergency vet visit. The other two were fine except a little spit up from both of them but the three year mark is coming up.
Vet said that it was 'normal' for a dog to feel a little sick afterwards but not being able to walk/seizures was probably because she is an old dog. She was fine a few days later.

I'm not anti-vaccine but what do? What vaccines should she absolutely have, what ones can I skip? Should I have a vet 'spread' them out? Can she be exempt? I moved since then and am worried about being forced to get it all if I bring her in. My state seems to only require a rabies shot and she is 14, and while she is active and healthy now I don't know how long she will last.
>>
>>2278303
1-Old dog or not, a seizure is no light matter and your vet should have asked you if you wanted to do any tests to make sure you knew what caused it, so, knew vet

2-Some specific breeds cannot have certain vaccines. Maybe your dog had one of those specific breeds in them, but more than likely you got a shit vet.
>>
>>2278303
Rabies is needed. As long as they have had their one year shots for everything/anything else (which first time shots usually call for boosters) they will be very effective for the rest of their lives. Not as effective as if they got them yearly, but it would be good enough. They should really have had at least one complete round of distemper shots, I hope that was already done previously so you can skip them this round.
>>
>>2278306
If the vet did that, this post would be "my scumbag Jewish vet made me get all these expensive tests for no reason and didn't even fix my dog!"
>>
Get the rabies. Ask for a titer test for the rest of the things endemic to your area, if you can afford it. That, or spread it out. Definitely bring the seizures/inability to walk thing up, because it's a VERY valid concern.

On that note, I've never had an animal sick after a vaccine. While it's possible, it shouldn't really happen. Not even spitting up.
>>
>>2278317
My dog would vomit after any trip to the vet from stress, op may be mistaking the cause of the vomiting and even the seizure
>>
>>2278306
Is there some sort of allergy test a vet can do? I will ask the vet about what we can do.

>>2278311
I don't remember what they were all given as I wasn't the one who took them to get them but apparently they got the whole kitten caboodle. I will be taking them this time. Off the top of my head I know it included rabies, distemper, pavovirus and lyme(which one dog contracted anyway even on Frontline Plus).

>>2278314
I'm used to spending a ridiculous amount of money on vet bills because I overreact with the slightest things. Rather be safe than sorry.

>>2278317
I am mostly concerned for rabies due to reports of confirmed rabies in my area over the years with skunks and cats. Now that I think about it more and being that she has been sprayed by a skunk twice, I will def at least get the rabies shot on a weekend I'm off so I can monitor her.

>>2278324
They've never vommited from going to the vet before, and the other dog was spitting up for two or three days. Third dog was completely normal, and my past dogs growing up never had a problem either.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.