[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you know about plants and oxygen? Can I realistically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 92239.jpg (210KB, 533x400px) Image search: [Google]
92239.jpg
210KB, 533x400px
What do you know about plants and oxygen? Can I realistically purify the air in a roughly 8x10 room with a large enough pot of ivy?
>>
Plants m use up oxygen at night, so you would be fucked when the sun goes down. This is assuming you have enough plant matter to purify the room and it's completely sealed
>>
do the world a small favor and don't buy ivy
>>
>>2278223
It's taking over the back yard so I was going to cut some where its rooting and put it in a hanging planter in here.
>>
Just open a damn window
>purify
Plants don't remove any dust or toxic gases from the air.
>>
>>2278220
Yes, because most people sleep in completely airtight rooms heavily filled with plants, right?
>>
>>2278226
>It's taking over

That's what it does. Kill it all.

To plant newfriends- never buy or plant it.
>>
The ivy won't do much. The microbes in its substrate do more about volatile compounds in the air but even that is going to be barely measurable unless you have a shitload of microbe cultures in a room with no airflow. Just don't bother with the ivy unless you happen to like taking care of it.

By the way it's a pretty shitty houseplant unless you have a fairly high level of humidity indoors. Attracts spider mites like nobody's business.
>>
>>2278223

English Ivy is just a slower Kudzu. Too bad these fuckers here will never realize it. until nothing else exists.
>>
If you've ever smoked anything in your life, then you're fucked as far as any health benefits from the air. Not that it will matter all that much if you are living a healthy lifestyle.
>>
Which room? Plant chlorophytum, the crappier the air the better it grows, perfect for a big family kitchen. This covers its daytime CO2 consumption and survivability only. Now the single acceptable thing for sleeping rooms is aquarium with water plants, due to oxidizer.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.