[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on keeping a found cat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: tabby.jpg (179KB, 362x427px) Image search: [Google]
tabby.jpg
179KB, 362x427px
So a cat came into my apartment for an hour the other day when i was bringing in groceries. It was super friendly and obviously someones pet. The following day it scratched at my door all day to come inside. I gave up and let it in at night time because it was freezing out. It stayed the night. Today it came back and I guess it's staying here again. Am I stealing someones cat? I don't mean to, it's just that it's freezing outside and I don't have the heart to kick it out in the cold. Cat looks like pic related.
>>
>>2277650
I don't know if someone abandoned it or if it lives in a nearby apartment. I don't understand why someone would leave their cat outside all day and night when it's bad weather. Should I make fliers?
>>
>>2277653
Don't bother. Outdoor cat owners don't give a shit and will be quick to replace their cat. If you care about it you will keep it indoors.
>>
>>2277701
We had an indoor/ outdoor cat growing up that we took great care of and she's still alive into her mid 20s today. I like my cats being able to hunt, roam and stuff and would never dream of locking them inside.
>>
>>2277701
This, if they actually cared about their cat they'd keep it inside.
>>
>>2277719
You can simulate hunting. You can get a leash. You can build tall shelves in your home. Theres no need for animals to die for your cats entertainment. Theres no need to expose your cat to potential threats outside like other cats or disease.

Just because your cat is in its 20s means jack shit.
>>
The thing is, cats are outdoor cats. They were made for hunting and exploring. The whole reason why humans even became 'friends' with cats is because humans realised that with cats around they could get rid of all the rats (because they hunted them of course). Cats aren't likely to die outside as they are very stealthy animals although it does depend where you live.
>>
>>2277719
>I'm too lazy to take care of my pet so I prefer not to have it around most of the time
>>
>>2277790
>not understanding what "domestic" means
>>
>>2277790

Cats in the countryside can go out only if they're neutered. Letting an animal roam around the neighborhood, pissing and shitting on everything is a crappy thing to do.
>>
>>2277795
This, even more so if people have allergic reactions to their piss and shit or just really hate finding shit in their garden or something
>>
If they are leaving the cat out in shitty cold weather then they shouldn't have it.

If you have the cash take it to a vet and see if its chipped. If its not chipped its yours.
>>
>>2277961
this. If its coming to you when its cold out, it probably doesnt have another home to go to. A cold kitty is a cold kitty. Please take care of him regardless.
>>
>>2277650
>no collar
>no chip
>being let outside in the cold
>being let outside at all
Congratulations, you're now a proud cat owner.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.