[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok, this might be a dumb question but... How often do cats need

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Ok, this might be a dumb question but... How often do cats need to use the litter box?

I have a 13 years old female cat (not spayed). I left her 2 years at my parents' place because former roommate was allergic, and now that he left I took her home yesterday morning (it's 3PM right now where I live).

After the initial shock of moving, she seems to be doing fine now. She ate (she's not a big eater though, and has never been), now she's moving around exploring the place and sometimes coming back for some cuddles. I even saw her grooming herself earlier today. She actually seems to be a bit in a playful mind, climbing around etc. She still gets startled when a weird noise happens and runs to my bedroom, but quickly comes back out.

I showed her the litter box several times, but so far hasn't used it. I checked everywhere, she hasn't peed or pooped in any random place. How long before I should be worried?

Pic related, it's the little fucker checking around her new place.
>>
>>2276824
It probably has a kidney stone. Soak its food in 1 cup of antifreeze to dissolve the kidney stone and cure it.
>>
>>2276824
i mean ive gone 7 days not pooping because of travelers constipation, she probably just needs time to adjust
>>
Mostly sure it's the same for cats--my dog refused to poop for two days when we moved apartments, and it took a long while to get him to pee, too. Spent a lot of time being paranoid he'd shit in the house so he returned to "puppy rules" for a while (crated whenever he wasn't supervised, bathroom breaks every two hours, etc). Chalk it up to moving stress. The animal doesn't understand moving.

If you're really worried, take it to the vet. I'd personally wait until two or three days had passed before I worried.
>>
>>2276835
Stop trying to make people kill their pets and go back to the cess pit of /b/.
>>
When my rommmate adopted his cat the cat didn't use the litterbox until I moved it into the room that the cat had taken refuge in. You could try that until she's more comfortable.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.