[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Protecting Animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

Why should we protect them? Aren't they just resources to us? Why do we care? Is it because we consider them to be in the same level as us or something else? Honestly just curious.
>inb4 kys
>>
>>2276272
Because feelings
>>
There is no such thing as a level.
>>
>>2276272
>Why should we protect them?
There are many reasons for that but I'll just point out the one you answered yourself:

>Aren't they just resources to us?
Yes, and considering animals are potentially unlimited resources for many things (more visible like meat or other products or less visible like knowledge or turism) the best long term option is to protect their existence.
Also some of them play key roles in ecosystems and without them everything goes to shit. Coincidentially most of those that are endangered fit into that description.
>>
>>2276272
Why? Because we have a sense of morality, and most people understand that senselessly killing off hoardes of animals is fucked up.
>>
>>2276272

because it's also bad for us if we destroy every living thing in sight.

Notice all those invasive species causing hell in specific countries or US states?

It's not just protecting, it's keeping a balance.

Guess why most of America is a nice fertile place? Fucking beavers made most farmlands possible even in the corner of the desert but they nearly got wiped out.

Wolves being hunted and wiped out lead to herbivores consuming saplings and young plants causing widespread devastation to the ecological balance.
>>
File: 1478050034147.png (270KB, 500x626px) Image search: [Google]
1478050034147.png
270KB, 500x626px
>babby's first Nihilism
or
>mongoloid got access to a computer

You're clearly far too young or retarded to be using the internet, go learn about the world and come back in a few years.
>>
>>2276272
They should only be protected if they going extinct causes a chain reaction that messes up a lot of shit
Pandas should be left to extinct but China makes bank on them so ultimately it's a gain for everyone
>>
>>2276297
>Not protecting = killing
>Throwing away money that could be used to help humans in dire need so animals get help = morality
Mental illness everyone
>>
>>2276395
>China makes bank on them
So... how is that a good thing?
>>
File: smith_3473575b.jpg (65KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
smith_3473575b.jpg
65KB, 620x387px
>>2276397
>muh hoomans needs money
>fuck the environment that's currently getting mown down wholesale, we need more room for the unprecedented explosive growth of muh hoomans
And here, ladies and gentlemen, we see a prime specimen of the modern anti-intellectualist anti-altruist materialist nihilist, more commonly known as a fuckwit.
>>
>>2276412
If you hate humans so much there is a fast and easy way for you to get rid of one
>>2276406
It's a good thing for them
>>
>>2276414
>it's a good thing that a corrupt, genocidal insectoid hivemind nation can acquire vast sums of money to funnel straight into openly-nefarious ventures
It's a good thing for their elites and industrialists, nobody else

>how dare you oppose muh unsustainable population growth
Get fucked, unchecked overpopulation is the single most catastrophic thing going on right now, it's directly responsible for all other problems we're facing as a species. Conserving physical land and the species therein is all anyone can legally do at the moment to slow down the impending collapse.
>>
>>2276397
>Throwing away money

Scared you can't make a profit while helping animals? Don't worry, it wouldn't be done if there wasn't any money to be made.
>>
>>2276433
this
>>
>>2276423
Again it's a good thing for them, doesn't affect me in the slightest
>Man is the biggest threat to the planet
The same planet that almost destroyed all life 4 times before humans where around and could fuck off right into the sun at any second for almost no reason?
>>
>>2276433
Of course I can I can put a tiny box asking for donations in every single shop and them deduce every penny from taxes
I can charge twice for environmental friendly shit to stupid morons that don't know Amy better
I can make a gigant ong and pocket 60% of all donations
Profiting from stupid veganctivists is easy as fuck
>>
File: fjallabak.jpg (97KB, 500x334px) Image search: [Google]
fjallabak.jpg
97KB, 500x334px
>>2276442
>doesn't affect me
Maybe you should think of those affected then - Malaysia and the Philippines facing direct aggression in the South China Sea, and all other surrounding countries facing increasing tension. Then Western cities like Vancouver experiencing rapid demographic replacement at the hands of the Chinese. For someone who apparently likes people more than animals, you sure don't have much empathy for your fellow man.
>the same planet that almost destroyed all life 4 times
Yeah, you seem to misunderstand the timescale - those events were dozens of millions of years apart (and at least 1 being caused by meteor impact), anthropogenic extinction is an entirely new and alien concept. I suggest you learn more on the subject:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocene_extinction
>the planet could fuck off right into the sun at any second
Don't do drugs kids
>>
>>2276442
Not that anon, but difference you can't can't tell the sun or a meteor or some natural disaster shit to fuck off where people are controlled by other people and can be told what to do. See every event of human history ever.
>>
>>2276453
I like people more than animals, I still care very very little about other people tho
>Doesn't matter since it was in the past
What does that have to do with anything?
>Dont do drugs kids
And for the love of God stay away from weed
>>2276455
>Advocating for slavery
>>
File: sudurnamur.jpg (99KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
sudurnamur.jpg
99KB, 600x400px
>>2276459
Ok so you're just a sour nihilist, fair enough. You clearly have missed my points - just learn the basics of what defines each extinction event and you'll see why it matters, you brought them into this to begin with so at least understand why they're important. If you genuinely believe the Earth could fly off into the sun then I guess we have to end it there.
>>
>>2276272
The Librarian sure has let himself go.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.