[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Meat is natural?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 2

File: bacon_blog_post.jpg (273KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
bacon_blog_post.jpg
273KB, 1920x1080px
I find it funny that people say meat is natural and therefore good which first of all is not only an invalid form of argument (appeal to nature fallacy), but tell me, does this look natural to you?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWOeEINf6UU
>>
>>2275027
isnt everyone on this board pretty much a vegetarian anyway?
>>
>>2275028
I have no idea. Vegetarianism is not so good for animals either. I used to be vegetarian myself, now vegan. Please watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJIY-8sBOn4
>>
>>2275027
its true that saying its natural isnt a valid point.
but we do need certain fats in our diet, i chose to get these fats from animals. only difference is, i keep my own cows and chickens and slaughter them myself. the meat from the bio-industry is utterly useless since it holds no nutricional value and is completely wasted by all the added hormones and penicillin.
>>
>>2275027
>definition for natural is "existing in or caused by nature"
>most animals have muscle tissue
>still claims that meat isn't natural
Mfw
>>
>>2275027
Doesn't look like an artificial pig to me. I would know as I've seen quite a few fake pigs in my time.
>>
I'm mostly a vegetarian, but yes eating meat is totally natural.
The actual unhealthy parts of eating meat is eiting weird processed super salty shit like deli meats and bacon, and most people also eat way the fuck too much read meat to be good for you.

I'd eat meat though if I knew it wasn't factory farmed shit and the animals had a decent life.
>>
>>2275027
>humans eating meat is natural
>hurry during, muh appeal to nature fallacy
Well, no fucking shit. It's what we are talking about.
>>
>>2275027
delicious is what it looks like
>>
>>2275029
i only eat chicken and eggs. no beef or dairy, and no pork, and no game birds (like turkey).

furthermore, i only buy/eat free range chicken/eggs.

chicken production is one of the most water-efficient methods of protein production, and free range chicken farms are fairly humane, and disease is actually treated /quarantined effectively, contrasted to the hell that is mass chicken farming.
>>
>>2275199
i also eat fish and deer if i catch/hunt it myself. i've only ever killed and dressed a deer on two occasions though.
>>
>>2275200
K
>>
>>2275027
More natural than vegans having to take supplements every day in order to stay healthy
>>
>>2275234
that's only if you do a shitty job at planning your diet. besides, veganism isn't about being natural, it's about being more humane and more sustainable because it's possible now.
>>
File: rickyaghast.png (133KB, 343x366px) Image search: [Google]
rickyaghast.png
133KB, 343x366px
>"muh meat isn't natural"
>eats pesticide-covered, mass-produced, sterile man-made cultivars of fruits/vegetables that have travelled hundreds/thousands of miles thanks to somewhat 'unnatural' transport technologies
>posts on a contraption composed of rare metallic components and synthetic substances, mined from 3rd world countries and/or refined from massively-unsustainable fossil fuels

Oh yeah, you're natural and good alright
>>
>>2275235
Neither is fully sustainable and if it's not about being natural, why try to make meat seem unnatural?
>>
>>2275027
Just think of all those bigoted animals who refuse to eat vegan diets
>>
>>2275028
No, I pretty much eat meat in every single meal
>>
>>2275235
>Being more humane
>To animals
>While also being cruel to other humans
Makes you think doesn't it?
>>
vegetarians/vegans fuck off you preachy cunts
>>
>Not eating delicious beef/chicken and sharing it with your gato
>>
>>2275328
that's a byproduct of people feeling superior to others, not abstaining from meat and meat byproducts
>>
>>2275028
no /an/ is only 50% retarded women
>>
>>2275027
Here's an idea for you then, op.
>don't eat meat
Or
>kys

/thread
>>
Locavore>Vegetarian>Omnivorous>>>>>>Vegan
>>
Agriculture isn't natural.
>>
>>2276148
>Vegetarian
Change to pescatarian and I'd agree.
>>
>>2275028
no.

Also most peoples pets on this board have to eat meat, unless the owner is some kind of retard, so moot if they are anyway
>>
>>2275106
I agree, organic just makes the price higher. I buy my meat from a farmer with grass fed galloway, no organic certificate. There is also another farmer with galloway but with the certificate and theirs is like thrice the price. The animals eat exactly the same: free grass from pastures and natural reserves.
>>
>>2275027
Fuck off
>>
>>2276148
>>2276166

locavore>pescatarian>vegetarian>omn>vegan.
>>
>>2276167
thats silly to say its moot. beef farming for humans is entirely different from the options to get meat for cats (as long as you pay.) i give my cats mainly raw chicken (fresh, local) (...or fish) that i dont cook. only meat i eat too.
>>
>>2275249
making meat loom unnatural is the vegan agenda, not the vegetarian/pescatarian/environmentalist agenda
>>
>>2276173
organic sometimes isn't even any better than the worst of the worst, too. no guarantees, just maketing and hope.
>>
>>2275027
Anon you see those teeth next to your incisors? They are called canines and are prehistoric relics of when we use to be carnivorous synapsid reptiles dumbass.
>>
>>2275027
Rape is natural.
>>
>>2277392
Terrifyingly true. Only thanks to our artificial construct of a lawful society is such an act deemed criminal. Just because something is 'natural', doesn't mean it's positive.
>>
>>2277392
I know everyone says this, but do we have any proof of this? Who's to say that [most] sex wasn't consensual?
>>
>>2275235
I thought it was about being smug and bragging about being morally superior to everyone else.
>>
>>2276173
It's worth mentioning that organic doesn't mean pesticide-free. Organic farms can still use "organic pesticides," and the FDA places no limit on how much they're allowed to use.

>>2276206
Bones and organs, too? If it's just the meat your cats aren't going to get all the nutrients they need.

>>2277392
It's debatable.
Rape doesn't exist in hunter-gatherer cultures, and it's difficult to tell whether animals are consenting or not.
>>
>>2277483
Just do a little research about the products you buy and you can easily avoid "fake" organic products. Also, regulations in other countries than the US might be stricter.
>>
>>2275199
>free range

Enjoy your unregulated meme that means nothing besides a label the processor can slap onto the package to upmarket the product so you pay more shekels at the grocery store.

Only way to verify quality of meat is by inspecting the ranch in person.
>>
>>2277483
>rape doesn't exist in H-G societes

LOL

why do people spread all these myths about "le noble savage!!!!" it's pathetic. These were humans with flaws and incapabilities just like any human in modern society. All you're doing is furthering anarcho-primitivist agenda.
>>
>>2277494
>"nu-uh! ancient people sucked!"
Very convincing. Thank you.
>>
>>2277504
Animals rape each other as well.
>>
>>2277504
Human behavioralist here, humans likely have always and probably will always rape even if just a minority
>>
>>2275027
>meat-eating animal evolves to acquire and consume its prey efficiently

looks pretty natural to me famalam, and a lot less traumatic than death by lesser predators

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Vohz__7wtU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE91VRJCbJo&t=4m5s

>>2276166
>>2276205
I don't get this pescatarian meme. Fish farms get a lot of flack, are they supposed to be more sustainable? Or some bizarre notion that sea creatures are a lower form of life than terrestrials?
>>
>>2277747
Properly done, a lacto-ovo pescatarian diet is arguably the healthiest and most balanced, and has a better precedence among healthy, non-industrialized people.

Big fish farms are mostly garbage, but if you get locally cultured fish or sustainably sourced wild caught fish, you can avoid that.
>>
>>2275027
Nobody ever said mass production is natural, production in general is a human thing. As for eating meat, yes it's perfectly natural. We wouldn't be doing it if it wasn't. (and that's completely disregarding all the biological facts that we are made to eat meat as well as other foods)
/thread
I swear to god, people who don't eat meat are very often even more stupid than your average amerifat in a hot dog eating contest.
>>
>>2277747
i don't support mass fishing. im just saying that i think its okay for i dividuals to occasionally go fish and eat their catch, and sustainable fish farming (rare) would be okay too.
>>
>>2276148
Omnivore=vegetarian/pescatarian>picky Indian shoppers>shark fishers>scavenging vagrants>the dead>vegans
>>
/sci/ here, none of you know wtf you are talking about. That's all I have to say. You uneducated plebians don't even deserve to know why. Bye
>>
>>2275027
meat caused brain development
meat taste good
you can feel bad for your food, which is why a lot of tribes pray to their gods and/or the animal but its pretty important for proper human functions
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.