[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Animal rights zealots are trying to shut down pic related in

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: horse01.jpg (115KB, 640x471px) Image search: [Google]
horse01.jpg
115KB, 640x471px
Animal rights zealots are trying to shut down pic related in Central Park in NYC because they claim it's inhumane.

They're also conveniently shilling for them to be replaced by electric car tours.

What does /an/ think? Genuine concern for the horses or a cynical attempt to replace one industry with another? No one is going to get into an Model T electric car replica if they can get into a quaint charming horse wagon.
>>
>>2273983
yes, stop the tours, shoot the horses, and feel better about yourself!
>>
>>2273983
I see those horses by the park. They really are not well taken care of. Mostly it's Hoof problems I think, and then they have trouble walking. But their entire lives are walking and they are walking on pavement. Out of the two dozen I'll see there at a time, usually all but a few will be favoring a foot, and they have a weird gait because of it but since they are pulling a wagon, you don't see it as much. they are fat so no one cares about the shoe neglect.

I think the problem is they are hiring chinks, spics and muzzies to take care of and sometimes coach the horses, and they have never taken care of a horse before. Honestly having a job is probably good for most horses, especially when it's nothing too strenuous. but without proper care it's not really good at all.
>>
>>2273983

Christ, people are retarded ... Those horses are probably some of the best treated horses in the world. They don't spend all day in a stall. They get out, see the world, get love and attention from thousands of people. These horses are living the life that all other 4-legged pets would envy.

Who are these assholes that think they're not happy? I bet the horses would like to put a hoof in their face.

also LOL at the idea that someone is going to pay money for a ride in the backseat of a compact car for a 'tour'. (these carriages are NOT about the tour, obviously)
>>
>>2274033

All living creatures favor a leg. If you were pulling a wagon, you'd favor a forward leg to building momentum while pulling the extra weight, and your secondary leg would just be used for maintaining speed. This is a standard gait.

The walking on concrete doesn't bother them. They have shoes for a reason. The stalls in the barns are hard-packed dirt. It's not like they walk on pillows in the wild.

Also, these horses are not in their prime for the most part. No work horse role is going to be constantly refilled with young, vibrant horses unless the old horse was literally unable to do the job anymore.
>>
So what? We take the animals off the cart, drop em in the great plains and the day is saved? Horses are working-class quads with not a lot of luck in the wild. I say giving them a job and steady meals is better than any 'freedom'
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.