[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trachyandra tortilis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

A local nursery has one, but it's very young. Basically looks like a piece of grass.

Should I get it?
>>
yes, then mail it to me.
>>
>>2273887

unless the price is stupid, yes, that's not very common to find in a nursery
>>
How hard are they to care for and what is their lighting needs?

All I can find in the UK are people shipping seeds.
>>
>>2274024

Generally if it is rare in trade, but looks amazing, it's probably harder to care for. (And possibly rare in the wild.) There are of course exceptions. I don't know much about your plant specifically.

Example -I have a rare cactus that is difficult to cultivate (tricky soil requirements and watering) and not very common in the wild. I would bet that I would probably never see it in a nursery.
(It's also ugly as hell and propagation is super difficult, and it grows slooooow, so probably not much desire to bother to cultivate for sale.)

Yours is gorgeous, and I'm also just seeing seeds for sale, so I'd be suspicious about the care requirements.
>>
>>2273887
definitely get it
>>
>>2273887
I would have snapped it up the moment I saw it.
>>
>>2274024
>>2274035
They're extremely hard to care for, and no one knows exactly what they need because they are so rare
>>
File: 3215494.jpg (55KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
3215494.jpg
55KB, 500x375px
can this be a rare plant thread
I managed to get my hands on one of these and its super cool
the leaves actually close when you touch it
>>
>>2274851
those are weeds in my mother's hometown
>>
>>2274855
in my hometown too. on a nearby street they had so many they were choking out the existing trees so they had to come cut them down
>>
>>2274855
Where is that??!
>>
>>2274851
>the leaves actually close when you touch it

What is it?
>>
>>2273887
That looks WAY cool
>>
File: baito.gif (1MB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
baito.gif
1MB, 625x626px
>>2274851
>>
Found a rare journal about it

ge %dot% tt/4Tzjykh2
>>
>>2274851
Is that a fenneck fern?
>>
>>2274922
>>2276019
its mimosa pudica
super cool to play with
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0LFBM3hOLs
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.