[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Americans obsessed with bathing their cats, removing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: Kornheiser_Why.jpg (38KB, 288x499px) Image search: [Google]
Kornheiser_Why.jpg
38KB, 288x499px
Why are Americans obsessed with bathing their cats, removing parts of their cats and keeping them prisoner indoors?
>>
Why are you obsessed with Americans?
>>
>>2273819
>Implying he is obsessed with them all because he had a curiosity.
>>
File: IMG_2528.jpg (1MB, 2777x1971px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2528.jpg
1MB, 2777x1971px
I've had her for almost four years and I have never bathed her.
>>
>>2273815
Cats stink.

Cats are violent.

Cats destroy the environment.
>>
>>2273815
If you own an outdoor cat you're going to be needing to give them a flea bath every once in a while
>>
File: 143111.jpg (34KB, 600x750px) Image search: [Google]
143111.jpg
34KB, 600x750px
Pic related to outdoor cats not on a leash.
>>
OP's cats are flea bags, covered in dogshit
>>
The same reason it's the only Western nation that practices circumcision - it's a cultural mess of a country, with various conflicting veins and influences running through it
>>
>>2273854

Circumcision is mutilation.

Keeping cats indoors PREVENTS the mutilation of native American wildlife.
>>
We actually vacuum our cats. We use the carpet attachment and go to town. Started when they were kittens, and now they bring the attachment to us when they want to be cleaned. It cuts down on the cat hair, keeps them cooler in the summer, and just a whole lot happier.
>>
I let my cat go outside whenever she wants, and feed her, i dont bathe her, she eats when i feed her, and only thing we've done to her is spay and get her shots, we're like her parents
>>
Some cat breeds, like the Sphynx and other 'little to no hair' breeds require regular baths like us to keep them clean. Usually, for cats, the oils they produce to go the hair, which is then shed. However, Sphynx cats need extra care and attention to the ears and skin to keep them clean and irritation free. Also if your cat gets hella dirty, it might help to lightly wash the cat to keep any irritation from forming.

Declawing is a fucking awful practice

Some areas have problems with wandering cats going after native species in some parts of the world, people being dicks leaving poison out to kill cats, and it'd dangerous to let a cat outside if you have a busy road. Letting your cat outdoors is a decision a cat owner should think about, but while I have outdoor kitties myself, that's because I have lots of quiet wilderness where I am with little to no predators to hurt them.

There's a logical reason for everything!
>>
>>2273815
Because Americans are fat
>>
There's a road nearby. Not busy or anything. It's through a quiet, residential area, but there's no way I'm risking my cat. I've already seen a duck and a stray cat hit.
>>
>>2273815
>Sometimes cats get into shit that needs washed out or they get sick, some breeds like sphynx need regular baths, and a warm bath with dawn dish soap will kill fleas, it's a safer alternative to flea meds(especially if you have a cat who reacts badly to them)

Declawing cats fucking sucks.

Cats killing wildlife and/or predators that can kill your pets. My parents live where there are coyotes, bobcats, and mountain lions. I think they'd prefer letting their cats live.

High traffic areas = roadkill. Better and indoor cat then a smear on the road. They can get sick from other cats. Feline leukimia, infections from injuries, etc....

Also sometimes you have assholes who are happy to torture and poison animals.
>>
Lmao why the fuck would you bathe a cat unless it fell in oil or some shit
>>
>>2273815
Outdoor cats get attacked by large predators or neighbors dogs, poisoned intentionally or unintentionally, contract FIV or feline leukemia, and get run over by cars. Does that sound fun?

Indoor cats are not prisoners unless you're a shit owner who can't put aside an hour a day to play with your pet. Cat toys exist for a reason.
>>
>>2273854
>>2273854
Youre forgetting about Australia . They do it too.
>>
>>2276243
No one cares about that irrelevant country.
>>
>>2276244

The circumcision rate in Australia is now very low.
>>
File: DumbestShitIEverHeard.png (111KB, 342x379px) Image search: [Google]
DumbestShitIEverHeard.png
111KB, 342x379px
>>2273830
Sounds like you when you were born. Fucking faggot.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.