[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are small dogs always the worst behaved?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: hqdefault.jpg (19KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
19KB, 480x360px
Why are small dogs always the worst behaved?
>>
Napoleon complexes. They have to be meaner, louder and shittier because they are small in a big world. And a lot of them don't really get treated like dogs so they dont understand why they should abide by rules different from their humans.
>>
They're tiny and can't do any damage, so their owners don't take it seriously when they snarl and bite on a level that would get big dogs put down.
>>
I remember dating a chick and she had a super misbehaved corgi she'd keep locked in her room whenever i came over. One time when let it out and surprised me and it made a bee line for me and started snarling and nipping at my ankles. I was inexperienced with dogs at the time so I kicked the shit out of it and it ran away. When I asked her why she did that she said she wanted to see how I would react and was hoping I'd be able to calm it down.

Fucking psycho cunt I left her soon thereafter.
>>
>>2272536
This.

>visiting home
>take my dogs: one is an almost 50 pound staffie mix and the other is a 20 pound little spaniel mix
>parents have a senior miniature poodle from my grandma because she was too old to take care of it
>poodle is socialized like trash
>has food aggression
>mom says how she can make him get mad by pretending to do stuff with food
>does something with her hands and the dog bares teeth, furrows lips, growls.
>"Mother! Don't do that!"
>"What? You don't think ita funny?"
>"No! It wouldn't be funny if my staffie mix did that!"
>"Yes, well, that's because he is huge."
>>
File: IMG_0382.jpg (12KB, 192x192px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0382.jpg
12KB, 192x192px
>>2272555

I'm not sure what I hate more: small dogs, or small dog owners.
>>
Because tiny dogs often are bought so owners see them as toys, as a consequence, they don't love them and don't care about educating them.
>>
>>2272663
>>2272555
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKjCjr0njHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXlqY7LaiYg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siTONlaRGME
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOAu6W8x1r0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmAR-r-Paw

>>2272666
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tn__MhTX2tQ

I dont know what I feel worse for, chihuahuas or pugs
>>
AAAAAAAAAAH STOP STANDING RIGHT UNDER MY FEET AND RIGHT BEHIND ME IT'S YOUR FAULT WHEN YOU GET STEPPED ON DOGGO
>>
File: Gibbs and Danni on bed.jpg (282KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
Gibbs and Danni on bed.jpg
282KB, 1536x2048px
My folks own a full sized GSD and a pug-boxer mix. The two of them are great with each other, and the mix doesn't have an attitude problem.
>>
>>2272680
>the mix doesn't have an attitude problem
pugs have breathing problems
>>
File: Gibbs on couch.jpg (135KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
Gibbs on couch.jpg
135KB, 720x960px
>>2272681
He actually has a snout, unlike a pug, so it's never presented. He also does use his little sniffer plenty, so he's not impaired in that regard.
>>
>>2272519
because people don't smack them enough
>>
>>2272519
because of bad owners
my dog is small and perfectly well behaved, except he likes to bark at squirrels and rabbits.
>>
>>2272716
That's instinctual and you can't do much about it, but as long as he isn't a little shit to everything else he's fine.
>>
File: IMG-20160308-WA0003.jpg (199KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20160308-WA0003.jpg
199KB, 1200x1600px
>>2272685
That's a cool mix. Reminds me a bit of my gfs lab boxer mix. Pic related
>>
>>2272730
he barks but he's otherwise friendly and polite. mostly he listens when told what to do, so he will shut up when I tell him, but then start barking again after a few minutes
>>
>>2272519
There is actually a reason behind this called small dog syndrome. Despite the name, the theory isn't about the dogs themselves but how they are treated. Smaller dogs tend to get away with more bad behavior than larger dogs like jumping, barking, growling and nipping because it's seen as a non-issue, since they are so small they can not do much damage. Hence the name 'Small Dog' Syndrome, people have a tendency to treat small dogs and big dogs differently, which will often lead small dogs to act more like shit because it's not as much of a nuisance than if a large dog acted the same way
>>
>>2272716
I think what OP should've asked is why small dogs attract shitty owners more often.
>>
>>2272519
Shit owners don't put them in their place because they're small and cute.
>>
>>2272663
Small dog owners, easily. Every badly behaved small dog has shit training from a shit owner who thinks the snarling and biting is cute and treats the dog more like an accessory than a pet.

I've met small dogs that were well behaved, and it's always down to the owner training them right and not putting up with bullshit just because it's small.

Treat a dog like a dog, you get a dog. Treat it like a spoiled purse accessory, you get shit.
>>
Doglets, when will they learn?
>>
>>2272685
That's actually not bad. Probably closest to the original pug currently alive. Except the size
>>
i feel like the majority of people who get sam dogs get them because "awww so cute and widdle!!!" and dont care as much about their training as much how aesthetically pleasing their little rat dog is
>>
>>2272956
*small dogs
>>
I work as a groomer at Petco and actually got a bad review from a customer today who didn't complain about the grooming job but rather complained that I didn't look happy grooming her dick of a yorkie. He screamed when ever I touched his legs/feet because she never touched them since "he didn't like it". He tried every second to bite the shit out of me because of it. and when I told her all of this when she came to pick the dog up, she actually was idiotic enough to tell me I shouldn't care about him biting me because he's small and wouldn't hurt me and she thought it was cute when he was mad. I have never wanted to leap over the counter and smack someone harder. I also during the grooming needed to call in my manager to help me with him so she knew first hand how shitty the dog was and told the lady she's not allowed to bring her dog there anymore.

TLDR work at petco grooming shitty aggressive yorkie who's mother thinks his aggressiveness is cute and says I shouldn't worry about being bit because he's small. Manager who had to help me called her and told her to fuck off and that she wasn't allowed to bring her dog there anymore.
>>
>>2272552
She had a lot of trust and faith in you anon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.