[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Kitten Ownership

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

/an/ I'm not sure what to do

My idiot friend got a kitten (6 weeks) despite living alone in a small apartment with an adult rescue cat and working 8 hour days. He hasn't kitten-proofed anything and the poor guy is teething so to make sure he doesn't fry himself by biting a live wire he's just got him in a kennel in the closet all day. The other cat predictably hates the kitten and seems very stressed out despite the minimal direct contact.

He lets the kitten fight and bite and play with his hand in the hour or so a day the kitten gets to interact with other living things so I'm worried it's gonna be human-aggressive, and to top it all off he's terrible about actually making an appointment with the vet; he had no idea if his original rescue was even spayed for months.

I wouldn't have a problem finding it another home but I doubt I can convince him to give it up and I can't act like I'm his parent and force him to care for the thing properly...

I just don't know what to do, if anything
>>
Steal it. That's what I always do
>>
>>2271619
>cats are shitty and aggressive
Only when they have shitty owners.
>>
>>2271633
Autism.
>>
File: 1349410626113.png (187KB, 370x274px) Image search: [Google]
1349410626113.png
187KB, 370x274px
You have to force your friend. other wise that kitty is going to die from all the parasites.
>>
>>2271609
Strangle it to death in front of your friend to teach him a lesson
>>
>>2271783
Hopefully
>>
>>2271633
you're retarded. neither of my kittens have ever scratched me on purpose.
>>
>>2271849
it's my own fault for not cutting their nails. I don't count things like getting scratched when she jumps off me or is flailing because I'm carrying her funny. it's pretty obvious when a cat wants to scratch you.
>>
>>2271853
>i don't count scratching, only obvious scratching

catfag retard logic
>>
>>2271849
This is retarded. Dogs and cats scratch me all the time and not mean it. Bugguy needs to put his trip back on so I can filter
>>
>>2271783
If he hasn't taken it to the vet by the time I see him this week I'll have to hold something of his hostage, but that's all I can do. I'm sure I can figure out some action figure or something that he won't be able to live without.
>>
Flick the kitten when they chew on a chord and make sure to use a stern voice when you do. It will take a while. Make sure the kitten has food and water. Get him/her some teething toys. He can slowly introduce the adult cat and make sure they have their OWN cat litter. It takes time for cats to get used to another one. The adult cat doesn't really know what to do with a helpless kitten.
>>
>>2271633
OP here, I've been scratched twice in 14 years of cat ownership, both times when trying to crate a frightened cat.

If a cat attacks your hand when you pet it you raised it wrong and taught it that hands are playthings. If a cat is showing clear signs of fear or anger and you keep pressuring it then it's your fault you got scratched.

If I had a dollar for every time some idiot grabbed a cat and smushed it into their face thinking they weren't asking for a bitchslap I'd be a millionaire
>>
>>2271609
I would suggest getting one of those cat gloves so your dumb room mate can still play with the cat but hopefully the cat will associate the glove with play and not the hand. For the vet, I'd honestly suggest getting the money from the friend and making the appointment and going to said appointment for him. But don't make the appointment until you find out how much it would cost (you will need 3 appointments unfortunately because distemper shots for kittens com in rounds of 3, and rabies can't be administered until 12 weeks) and get the money before hand. Preferably cash, but never do credit/debit because he may have no money, and now you're stuck there paying the bill. At least with a check, they will charge your buddy's bank account and not you.
>>
File: CleanTheDamnKitchen.jpg (465KB, 1440x2138px) Image search: [Google]
CleanTheDamnKitchen.jpg
465KB, 1440x2138px
My roommate and I have a male 8 month old cat (is 8 months still a kitten?) that won't stop getting on the windowsill behind our blackout blinds. It wouldn't be a problem if he just sat on the windowsill, but he eventually gets bored and tries to climb up the blinds, ruining them. He's destroyed one set already, we got bigger, beefier blinds and they're holding up better, but I can see the strain he's putting on them will take their toll eventually.

I've tried light discipline, but it seems ineffective and I can't get my roommate on board to be consistent with punishment EVERY time he gets behind the blinds.

I had a thought I could grease or oil the windowsill to make it too slippery for him to get on. (They're less than an inch wide) But the window is centrally located in the living room and any scent or odor would be an issue.

Question 1: What should I do about my cat?

Question 2: Anyone know of an odorless, colorless, long-lasting lubricant to help deal with my pussy problem?
>>
>>2272098
>cat glove
Didn't know those things existed, thanks, I'll definitely get one for him.

My friend has a rich father but no money himself, considering his reckless spending habits I'm fairly certain he can't afford the vet bills for a kitten.

Thankfully I'm financially solvent and my mother was a vet tech and is active in local rescue groups so I can easily get discounts and pay for vet trips myself. It's a pain but I'd hate to see his current cat get parasites or for the kitten to die young
>>
>>2272103
try tinfoil on the window sill. cats hate walking on it.

you could try leaving them open? also keep his nails shorter

vaseline, coconut oil, lube, lots of things would work.
>>
>>2272103
Get empty cans beer/soda, put a couple pebbles in each, and line them up on the window sill. Put them back up any time he knocks them down. Also give him something else to climb on and maybe leave the blinds up so he can still look out the window.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.