[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you say constitutes a good dog? What should a dog

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: qFjdP.jpg (164KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
qFjdP.jpg
164KB, 1200x800px
What would you say constitutes a good dog? What should a dog do or be to be considered good?
>>
>>2270381
a look like pic related
>>
I own chinese crested dogs and they unironically look a bit like that
>>
That pitbull doesn't look healthy.

Take it to the vet.
>>
Good dog shouldn't be an aardvark
>>
>>2270502
How do you know that aardvark doesn't identify as a dog?

Check your cis-speicies privilege, shitlord.
>>
>>2270381
If we're being serious about it I'd break it down into two groups. If you got all the primary group down, you've got a good dog. Ideally you'd want that and most of the secondary ones as well.

In the grand scheme of things, its not the dogs who are the good ones, but rather the owners for training their dogs properly. Can't blame a dog for not being a good boy when you didn't teach him how to be a good boy.

Primary
>Listens to basic commands (sit, stay, come)
>Doesn't jump on guests
>Doesn't damage your stuff (furniture, electronics, pillows)
>Doesn't shit in the house and lets you know when it needs to go out

Secondary
>Doesn't beg for food when a person is eating
>Doesn't go on furniture if owner doesn't allow them to
>Doesn't try to steal food off counter tops/tables
>Doesn't bark excessively
>>
>>2270381
When it does something good, like obey an order, that means it is a good dog and you can tell it that it is a good dog or even ask it who is a good dog and then when it is finally stumped by the question you may inform it that it is in fact the good dog of which you spoke
>>
>>2270381
It should be as intelligent as a 7 year old, and and big enough to reach the middle of your thigh
>>2271216
>doesn't jump up on guests
I hate this, everyone training their dogs not to look so happy to see people. I love walking into my friends house and having their dog get excited and jump up on me
>>
>>2272142
A lot of people who aren't autistic have friends who have young children, so they don't want lucky giving their 4 year old niece a concussion because he was happy to see her.
>>
>>2272148
>who aren't autistic
Bit of a rude implication m8, dogs are smart enough to know not to jump on children
>>
>>2272148
>Wanting children in your house
>>
>>2272142
I don't like it when dogs jump on me. When I go to a friend's house there is a 50% chance it's a party. So there is a 90% chance I'm wearing something fine. I don't dog hair or dirt all over my dress.
I'm glad they are excited, but there is a place and a time.
>>
File: Doggo.jpg (32KB, 429x402px) Image search: [Google]
Doggo.jpg
32KB, 429x402px
>>2270677
kek'd
>>
>>2270381
It's personal
What good dog to me means could be different from other person
Personally I can't stand those weakly fearful dogs that have Been trained to stand still for hours
>>
>>2271216
You can't stop a dog from braking
Dog used to bark, I watched an episode of the dog trainer that said to walk him more
So I fucking walked him 3 times a day everyday and took him to a dog park so he could run and tire himself
I did this for fucking months
As soon as I got home he started barking
A barky dog doesn't stop barking ever
>>
>>2270381

Destroys my enemies

Always dtf
>>
File: 1464828001973.jpg (113KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
1464828001973.jpg
113KB, 625x351px
>OP
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.