[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why haven't you purchased your dog a body suit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

Why haven't you purchased your dog a body suit?
>>
Can you imagine wrestling a screaming, biting, 80lbs GSD that was not handled enough as a puppy into a body suit?
>>
>>2268987
>GSD that was not handled enough as a puppy

Why do people keep making this mistake?
>>
>>2268989
It was 2008, much nearer the height of the Cesar Millan hype. Online resources weren't as good as they are now. All I had was a book, and some people at puppy class who had sweet little spaniels and fluffy white things telling me what to do with him. The breeder who we got him from told me to take him by the scruff and give him a shake when he was being troublesome, which was always. He never stopped, never slowed down. His naps were few and far between. He was an unceasing nightmare of a puppy with three Schutzhund dogs in his immediate pedigree. He was my first dog. We'd never even had a family dog before him. In retrospect, this was a grievous error of judgement. He was a toothy little monster and I didn't know what I was doing. When he got too wild, and everyone was sick of dealing with being bitten all the time, we just put him outside for some peace and quiet. Training him was difficult, as he had no food drive whatsoever, little play drive, and no desire to please.

It's an easy mistake to make, given the right set of circumstances and coupled with the right dog. I've learnt a tremendous deal because of this dog, and from my own errors, and would probably do considerably better with any future dogs like him.

I dremel his claws between once and twice a week, and he does not bite me during this exercise. I consider this marked improvement, as he used to immediately bite anyone who so much as laid a finger on one of his toes. But I pick my battles carefully, and I'm not going to try and stuff him into a bodysuit when I can stick a horse-rug style coat on him and be done with it.
>>
>>2268969
>Why haven't you purchased your dog a body suit?

I wouldn't need one because it's hot enough where I live, even the winters aren't that cold. Besides, people would think I'm retarded if someone saw my dog wearing that, looks like I forcibly put a child's onsies on the poor thing.
>>
File: received_10154799880809319.jpg (202KB, 1536x2048px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154799880809319.jpg
202KB, 1536x2048px
>>2268969

I guess Im a bad owner, he only has hats.
>>
because we're in Florida and she would probably get heatstroke. even when it's the coldest it gets down here she doesn't seem to notice.
>>
>>2268969
I love that weimaraners are the model dog.
>>2269733
lol
>>
>>2268969
I live in Mesa Arizona and I bring my dogs in at night.
>>
>>2269733

Tell him he's perfect.
>>
>>2269733
Good boy
>>
>>2268969
Because my dog in not a slav.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.