[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you agree with PETA?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 2

>Some people think that they've been overreacting lately.
>>
>lately
>>
>>2268190
No
>>
>>2268190
>Some people think that they've been overreacting lately.

uhhhh... they are always overreacting
>>
>>2268211

Is that your subjective opinion or an objective fact?
>>
No, I don't agree with them on everything, hell, on most issues, but precisely because they are so extreme, they do promote the rise of moderated animal welfare efforts.

See:
>I don't support peta but, spraying shampoo in the eyes of rabbits with no painkillers for prolonged time is just fucked up
>>
>>2268214

Objective fact. The only thing PETA is good for is making stupid, but attractive, women take their clothes off.
>>
>>2268190
All animal rights groups are over reacting.
>>
>>2268190
Peta is the voice for animals and creatures who are suffering everywhere in our world. To say they are "going overboard" is to imply that one of these voices, of animal in pain or fear, need not be heard.
>>
>>2268217

Well if it's an objective fact, you'd be able to prove it.
>>
>>2268493
They're psychos that murder animals.
>>
>>2268494
"Objective fact" (?) what on earth does this mean?
>>
>>2268214
Fact. Peta euthanizes stray pets and animals "rescued" from other people.
>>
>>2268493
PETA are a bunch of cultists. When they aren't busy executing every animal they can get their hands on they either do nothing or sporadically demonstrate they are completely out of touch with science, society and reality in general.
>>
>>2268558

I knew that. But how is that "overreaction"?

I'm not saying I agree with it. I just don't see how it meshes with the idea that PETA "overreacts". It's kind of a vague criticism.
>>
>>2268569
Executing every animal? Where do you get this idea?
>>
>>2268569
This. A lot of hot air and grandiose nastiness towards anyone who disagrees with their practices, and no solutions besides "let muh animals free, even if it means killing and/or otherwise dooming them all". How they think distancing humanity from nature will end well, I do not know.
>>
Someone explain to me how Peta expects modern society to function without the use of animal products. Even outside of eating and wearing most American products use animal parts in some way.
>>
>>2268190
doesn't PETA oppose pet ownership? dogs evolved to be our best buddies!

i can understand not consuming animal products, but being against pet ownership is insane. a well taken care of pet is not being oppressed or harmed just because it belongs to a human.
>>
Peta does not oppose pet ownership. Also; we do not have to torture animals for food or clothing! ( Not since cave man days anyway!) Vegans are usually healthier!
>>
>>2268569
Who keeps insisting that Peta kills animals? Where does this misinfo come from? Notso- nutso!
>>
>>2268625
>Where does this misinfo come from?
I think it comes from them being in favour of culling puppies and stray / shelter dogs.

that killing animals could actually be for the benefit of said animals is a difficult concept for morons to grasp, but ever since I saw cat- and dog-hoarding homes I completely agree that culling puppies is the lesser of two evils
>>
>>2268630
Eliminating byb and puppy mills would get rid of the shelter dog problem, since that's where they're coming from. A constant stream of dogs end up in shelters from people who are breeding for money and not excellent health and sound temperament.

People in my apartment complex adopt puppies from the county shelter and then give them away when they hit the lease weight limit. They don't train+socialize them properly so their laziness becomes someone else's problem. It's awful.
>>
>>2268497
An "objective fact" is saying that 5% of your steak is actually cow meat.
A subjective opinion is saying that your taste is shit.

This post is a subjective fact.
>>
>>2268643
Pet overpopulation is a crisis. All pets should be spayed or neutered .They say 1animal is euthanized in US every 3 minutes!
>>
>>2268766
>animal lives are valuable so we must make sure there's less of them
>>
>>2268767
A life not begining is not a life to be considered.
>>
>>2268767
why did you greentext a true statement?
it's weird because it sounds like you think it's nonsensical.

there is nothing nonsensical about the (obvious and true) idea that overpopulation cheapens and worsens quality of life for all individuals within the population.
jesus christ, just look at hong kong
>>
>>2268766
So you want dogs to die out? That's exactly what would happen. Instead, only the ones who have good temperaments and good health, no genetic problems, etc should be bred.

There are also good reasons to keep your dog intact, especially for large breeds and dogs who do sports.
>>
Consider this: there are countries that don't routinely spay and neuter dogs and that don't have an overpopulation problem.
>>
>>2268806
Fascinating.
>>
>>2268806
US definitely has pet overpopulation problem.So does Mexico. How do you know which countries dont spay and dont have problem? Ii wonder about this "fact"!?
>>
File: jLZz4Na.gif (498KB, 420x315px) Image search: [Google]
jLZz4Na.gif
498KB, 420x315px
>>
I tend to hear that some of them hate humans with a passion and would more then like torture us all if they could get away with it. Dog milk? Really?www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3965270/It-tastes-like-milkshake-smooth-Peta-fool-horrified-taste-testers-drinking-dogs-milk-campaign-against-dairy-industry.html
>>
>>2268893

Personally I think it's a fascinating social experiment.

Why would someone be okay with drinking cow milk but not dog milk, other than simple cultural conditioning?
>>
>>2268905
Taste maybe.
Morally there isn't really any justifiable reason though.
>>
>>2268906

Production wise, however, it would be a fucking nightmare. I would like to see how many puppers it would take to equal to production of one dairy cow, which can be over 4 gallons a day.

If PETA fags are salty about puppy mills, imagine dog milkmills. I mean, what the fuck are they even arguing? PETA are retards.
>>
>>2268906
Disgusting!!
>>
>>2268824
Us pet overpopulation could be solved by having an egregious puppy tax, breeder licenses and the required spay and neutering of non breeding animals.
>>
Peta is run by extremists who believe that animals are better off dead than interacting with humans in any way, even as pets. They say they care about animal welfare, but they have a seriously deluded definition of what that means, and the fact that they're dishonest to people about it is corrupt as hell. I firmly believe in animal rights, and I will never in my life support peta in any way whatsoever.
>>
>>2268919
Peta is not run by "dishonest extremists who believe animals are better off dead than with people
>>
>>2268941

One(1) dead animal has been deposited into your account.

Thank you for Correcting The Record.
>>
>>2268919
The Breeders and The American Kennel Club will keep those purebred dogs flooding the markets. And there are lots of purebreds ending up in shelters.
>>
After the movie "101 Dalmatians, greedy breeders went nuts, and shelters were flooded with so many "excess" dalmatians, thousands were "put to sleep".
>>
>>2268943
This is nuts! Glad I dont have to deal with you in person! Creepy!
>>
>>2268803
Breeders keep purebreds from "dying out".
>>
>>2268558
This is false info!
>>
>>2268962

Get off this board, PETA shill.
>>
>>2268971
What is a "shill" ??
>>
>>2268941
Literally google "peta kills animals".
>>
>>2268215

This. Yes, they're crazy and stupid, but they serve a purpose and they get good info.
>>
>>2268618
>vegans are usually healthier

I've read that this is a misinterpretation of cause and effect. vegans aren't healthier because they're vegans, but because (in general) healthier people choose to become vegan
>>
>>2269162

It could also have something to do with the fact that a great deal of junk food is not vegan so vegans are moved to eat more basic, whole foods by default. Generally speaking.

I'm vegan and my diet is pretty much entirely whole foods like roots, leaves, grains, pulses, fruit, herbs, spices, and leaves.

I do drink alcohol too but in moderation.
>>
>>2269164
I think it's mostly because vegans are taking an active interest in their diet and thus tend to eat better. Most people tend not to pay much attention at all.
>>
>>2268190
No, because their train of thought would require that humans are somehow different than animals, but this isn't the case. I don't see them breathing down the necks of carnivores because they ate that poor pig.
>>
>>2268962
You don't belong here.
>>
>>2268911
This
>>
>Animals eat each other
>Many will try to eat us
>We aren't allowed to eat them
Nah
>>
>>2268946
The AKC has been registering puppy mills for the past decade or so. They just have to meet some basic requirements and puppy mills are AKC registered breeding facilities.

That is not the same as getting a papered pup though, you do not have to be an AKC approved breeding facility (it's mostly used for puppy mills anyway) to get your animal's pedigree papers. It's just something that looks nice on papers and makes you feel better about buying a puppy mill puppy. It's a sad day when seeing an AKC seal is actually more likely to mean the dog came from a puppy mill.
These are the requirements for an AKC registered kennel
https://images.akc.org/pdf/regprefix.pdf

>>2268990
They may get some information out, but the organization gives rational animal welfare groups a bad name. They endanger people and promote violence, they are extremely contradictory in their beliefs and actions, and they tend to draw people in with the light shit (don't eat meat, spay and neuter, etc) while actually working towards a goal that their donators may not even be aware of, like killing animals and getting rid of medical lab animals.
>>
>>2268190
Would you agree with a SJW?
>>
>>2268803
With millions euthanized annually in the US alone, we are nowhere near having to consider dogs "dying out". It's like saying people should have to have kids even though we're extremely overpopulated because "humans might die out"
>>
>>2268907
The point is that people are fine with drinking cows milk, but as soon as it involves a dog, they're immediately disgusted. Sort of how white people are up in arms about dogs being eaten but don't give a fuck about factory farms. Those folks only care about and value certain animals and it's pointing out the hypocrisy of that. I really dislike peta, but they made an interesting point
>>
>>2270537
>it's pointing out the hypocrisy of that.
you now realize all the animals peta wants to protect are vertebrates, and most of them are mammals.

they're just as hypocritical. If they care about cows they should be out there protecting ants on the sidewalk and zooplankton in the oceans.

the "interesting point" they make is aimed at morons. They are an organization of idiots.
>>
>>2270560
gotta start somewhere anon. And the entire point is to raise awareness about the dairy industry. And unless there's an underground insect milking factory farm no one knows about, then what you said didn't even make sense
>>
>>2270568
>what you said didn't even make sense
ah, not capable of abstract thought.

why are dairy cows more worthy of life than ants?

don't answer, I don't want to see the stupid coming out of you.

just think about it until you realize they're not.
>>
>>2270580
except where has peta said that they aren't? hell, they've gone after celebrities for swatting at flies during interviews on camera

There's a lot to shit on peta for, but trying to go after this point makes you look more retarded than them
>>
PETA.

People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
>>
>>2270587
>trying to go after this point makes you look more retarded than them
to you. But that's because you're not smart enough to understand the point.

what are they doing to protect zooplankton?
why is all their budget spent on mammals?

why can't you understand the difference between spending 30 seconds telling someone not to swat a fly and spending 30 million telling everyone not to drink milk?

are you retarded?
stay tuned to find out.
>>
>>2270599
>spending 30 seconds telling someone not to swat a fly and spending 30 million telling everyone not to drink milk
are you implying all forms of life (bacteria, viruses, mammals, insects, plants, algae etc) have the same level of consciousness?

what are you basing you system of ethics on, anyway?
>>
>>2270597
It's people for the ethical treatment of animals
>>
>>2270624
Conciusness does not come in levels or serve as the sole determinant of how something should be treated
>>
>>2270637
Fuck off and learn how to take a joke tard.
>>
>>2268493
Why does every voice need to be heard? Not everyone has something worth saying, or worth listening to.
>>
>>2270661
This is a valid point......
>>
>>2268190
On all the things except eat. I genuinely don't think eating animals is an issue insofar as you have kept them under decent living conditions and you make their death as painless as possible.
>>
>>2270761

Is that just a perspective based on your emotions, or do you have an actual ethical rationale for it?
>>
>>2270764
Think his ethical rational is pretty obvious - we're biologically evolved to eat animals, but that doesn't justify us treating them terribly before we eat them.
Thread posts: 77
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.