[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi, /k/unt here. I just had to put this 4 month old stray down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

Hi, /k/unt here. I just had to put this 4 month old stray down because I took him to the vet this morning and found out he had leukemia. I have two older cats that are vaccinated but are apparently still in danger. I haven't had them tested yet. In the mean time, how do I get all the other stray cats to fuck off to reduce the chances of them infecting my cats? My cats pretty much never leave my fenced in yard, but a few strays get back there to start shit sometimes. Should I shoot them with a big airgun? I don't have the wherewithal to spray them with water constantly, nor do I want to trap them or poison them. What is the most humane way for me to make them fuck off forever?
>>
File: VZM.IMG_20161120_170436.jpg (499KB, 1291x2157px) Image search: [Google]
VZM.IMG_20161120_170436.jpg
499KB, 1291x2157px
RIP lil bastard
>>
>>2268045
To trap them and bring them to a shelter.
That is the most humane way.
>>
>>2268050
Also only feed your cat indoors.
>>
Tylenol xDDDDdDdD

>15 shekels have been deposited into your account
>>
Don't feed stray cats, don't shelter stray cats. If there is a big influx that continue to fuck around your yard, trap them and bring them to a shelter. Keep in mind your cats are also subject to this treatment and may actually be spreading FeLV.
>>
>>2268045
>too lazy and uncaring to keep pet cats indoors
>asking for advice

Fuck off.
>>
>>2268045
>reduce the chances of them infecting my cats?
with leukemia?
That is not contagious in the way you think
>>
>>2268728
Feline leukemia is.
>>
>>2268045
Its contagious via an extremely communicable virus that causes genetic damage or some such that gives the cat leukemia. I don't keep my cats inside because they've always been outside and they seem to like it more. My yard had a huge fence and is bigger than my house easily. They have a large covered enclosed kennel with all sorts of cool cat trees and such and is out of the wind and rain when there is any.

Trapping the Strays I know are infected seems like a difficult and expensive endeavor, but what traps would you recommend? It seems more humane to just shoot them somewhere instantaneously lethal rather than trapping them in a small cage and putting them in another cage where they are poked and prodded and then stuck with poison that slowly shuts down their organs.
>>
>>2268736
Sounds like you don't want to put the effort into humanely killing the cats and would like to shoot stuff and get the moral cleansing to do so.

A live catch trap can be reused indefinite times, and some of the cats might be rehomed.

If you are that bent on shooting, use a proper gun not a fucking airgun that would just wound them.
>>
>>2268737
proper gun as in a caliber you would use fox hunting, like .22
buying a trap is cheaper than buying a gun and bullets so you are full of shit
>>
>>2268736
Your cats are completely covered? Like a sort of catio thing? Because of the other cats can't get to your cats, there's no problem. There needs to be direct contact for the cats to catch it, it's not air borne. But if you have free roaming cats and are also killing free roaming cats, don't fucking whine about it here when your cats get shot by someone

You don't even need to buy a trap; If you are bringing them to the shelter, you can ask the shelter to borrow the traps for free, as long as you eventually return them. The best part about this, though, is those cats are tested for FeLV, given a behavior test, seen if they are fixed, etc, and all that is put on a data base, everything down to coat color and gender. If they get an influx of feral cats or ill cats in, that fucks up the shelter's Live Release rates, which affects their overall look, and maybe they will do something about it or another group will pop up and help catch the cats, vaccinate them or adopt them out/euthanize them once they see there is a problem in an area with cats. Let them know that you are trying to get rid of the stray cat problem in your area, that just leaves them one less connection to make

Also I've seen cats live with 32 lead bbs in them, an airgun will do next to nothing. You will need a real gun with real ammo
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.