[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Basic obedience training book

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: 20160809_162527.jpg (2MB, 2880x2160px) Image search: [Google]
20160809_162527.jpg
2MB, 2880x2160px
Hey /an/, my dad walks my dogs occasionally and has absolutely no concept of control or discipline with them. For Christmas I want to get him a basic "pocket guide" to dog walking or basic obedience training so he can understand the right techniques and stop reinforcing bad habits.

Anyone have recommendations?
>>
>>2267372
Walk your own fucking dog you sound like an uppity entitled spoiled brat.
>>
>>2267386
Maybe his dad likes to walk the dogs? When did he stated that he doesn't walk his dogs? You sound like a fucking cunt
>>
>>2267372
You're dogs to old to be trained,and so is your dad.
>>
File: bestdoggo1.jpg (3MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
bestdoggo1.jpg
3MB, 5312x2988px
>>2267418
>"You're dogs to old to be trained"
Nice meme.
Also a dog is never too old to develop bad habits.
>>2267372
I had the exact same problem with my mom. A great solution is to take your dog AND your dad for a walk and tell him to carefully observe how you interact with your dog, his behavioral patters and how you react in certain situations like encountering other dogs, pulling (if he does that) etc. Do this as many times as it's necessary for him to catch on. For me it's better than basic training books or videos especially if your dog is not a puppy anymore mainly because each dog-owner relationship is unique.
>>
What do you want the dog to do exactly?
Walk closely on his left side?
Don't go too far ahead and wait for his master?
>>
File: 20161122_155941.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
20161122_155941.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
I walk my 5 months old puppy without a leech (in the woods of course) and he is free to smell and walk where he wants. BUT he knows the limits. As soon as he feels he is too far he looks at me and wait for me to arrive. Also he come back to me as as soon as I order it. It takes pratice and positive renforcement. The key here is that the dog must WANT to come and see you. Otherwise he won't care.
>>
>>2268507
*Leash.

Was wondering how to properly write this english word, I fucked up.
>>
>>2267386
I walk my own dogs on a daily basis you dense cunt. My dad doesn't have dogs but he loves mine and he likes to come by and take them for walks and stuff.

I'm sorry that nobody loves you enough to enjoy time with you or your pets you miserable piece of shit
>>
>>2267372

Scribble this on a notepad:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCrBM9zH5UyThvOYhpghhLeuPoh9Q9ND_
>>
>>2268487
>Nice meme.

I'll take "Words I don't know the definition of" for 200, Alex."
>>
>>2268487
Thanks for the response. Deep down I knew this was the answer, but the problem is my dad thinks I worry about discipline too much. Ive worked with him before but he doesnt take it seriously.

The reason I want a book or guide is so he can read through it and see that discipline takes work and experts use the techniques I advocate
>>
>>2268487
>tell him to carefully observe how you interact with your dog, his behavioral patters and how you react in certain situations like encountering other dogs, pulling

Unless you're a certified dog trainer, he's just going to think you're a pretentious smart ass. Stick to the sources he can verify aren't douchebag hippies.
>>
>>2268507
>5 months old puppy
>being this smug about it walking off leash

Of course you can walk him without a leash you idiot, he's not confident enough to take off without you yet. Come back in three months when he hits his "teenager stage" and magically forgets everything you've taught him
>>
File: 1479864523082.gif (1013KB, 245x254px) Image search: [Google]
1479864523082.gif
1013KB, 245x254px
>>2268527
Kek.
You mad senpai?
>>
>>2268522
Exactly. That's what I was trying to say here:
>>2268519
>>
>>2268530
Okay bro, just don't come bitching to /an/ when it happens
>>
>>2268546
Nah for real you are right on that.
>>
>>2268519
>Ive worked with him before but he doesnt take it seriously.
then deny him access to your dog.
>>
>>2268763
Do this. If you've tried talking to him about it and he still won't comply with your wishes regarding your animal, then he doesn't respect you or your relationship with the dog and should be barred from corrupting it with his own shitty behavior.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.