[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How you make a horse go left or right? Is it hard? What about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1479478641856.png (925KB, 1039x716px) Image search: [Google]
1479478641856.png
925KB, 1039x716px
How you make a horse go left or right? Is it hard? What about shooting a musket on him?
>>
>>2266774

Thats a dragoon pistol and basic horsemanship.
>>
>>2266781
yea, but how u steer a horse?
>>
>>2266785
Training. You build trust and a bond with the animal, then thru repetition and patience the horse will learn basic commands.
Each horse and trainers is different, but typically right and left are controlled by the reigns. If direction is taught by both pulling the right or left reign and a vocal command then with experience a rider could possibly direct the horse with just the vocal whenever they need to.
A horse can get accustomed to gunfire as well, there is just not much of a need for it in today's world. That would be more of a specific training, as well as steering the horse without the reigns.
>>
>>2266811

interesting
>>
>>2266834
>interesting
Not really, it's actually common sense. What is interesting is why you didn't post this in the horse general
>>
>>2266872
Goddamn
>>
>>2266811
Don't forget that some horses take direction by leaning. Lean forward makes the horse speed up, leaning backward makes it slow down. Leaning left and right steer the horse left and right.

You also have english and western rein styles. English has both hands on the rein, and you pull (gently) on each rein to turn the horse's head to the direction you want to go.
Western has you hold the reins in one hand to keep the other free, and instead of pulling on one side or the other, you pull the two together to one side or the other. The pressure of the reins on one side of the neck will make the horse turn in the direction you pull the reins to, i.e. if you pull the reins to the right side, the reins will become taut across the left of the horses neck, and the horse will move away from the pressure and turn right.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.