[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Boyfriend's family dog neglected

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (124KB, 1000x683px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124KB, 1000x683px
My boyfriend's family has an old beagle that lives almost it's entirety outside. His house is a small fenced-in, roofed pen, with a small opening for him to go in and out of the enclosure as he pleases. Inside the fenced-in thing there's a small box with an opening and some hay inside for him to sleep in. The dog is attached to a leash connected to the pen.

The dog is housed and fed (once a day) and watered, but it's just so sad because he isn't very well trained and you can tell he's lonely and neglected . Dogs are social things and they aren't meant to spend their lives outside away from what's going on inside. The whole reason the beagle is outside is because my boyfriend's brother has asthma and allergies. And because my boyfriend's dad is just the type of old person that believes that dogs are outside creatures.

What can I do to help the beagle feel better? Sometimes when he gets lonely he bays and barks to come inside and they let him inside for a brief period of time

Pic is not of the dog in question, I just googled it
>>
File: 1388516756532.jpg (12KB, 189x235px) Image search: [Google]
1388516756532.jpg
12KB, 189x235px
>>2265913
Just kill them all and take him with you, happy ending.
>>
>>2265989
Bump:

This probably won't work. When no one is home they place a board in front of the entrance of the pen so no one steals buddy.

If he is stolen it'd be obvious I did it and then they'd hate me
>>
>>2266328
Then dont get involved.

If your bf is the one he should support you in trying to provide for the pet.
>>
Who gives a fuck? It's just a dog. Give it some Tylenol and let it be.
>>
>>2265913

The dog is fine. First and foremost, animals are animals. It's only a very recent thing that dogs became acceptable as "indoor pets."

I have 2 indoor dogs - they eat once a day, as well. That is normal. Dogs have enormous stomachs and tiny digestive tracks. They evolved to kill prey, feast on its corpse, and be sustained for a full day. If you think about life in the wild, that just makes sense. Dogs don't feel hunger after not eating for 8 hours like humans, as long as their last meal was adequate.

If it is an outdoor dog, it doesn't need to be trained.

The shelter is more than fine as long as the dog is given extra care in extreme temperatures.

The bottom line is that you are treating animals like they are defenseless victims put on this earth to be protected. That dog will be just fine. Don't worry about it. It's the life the dog knows and is used to. They don't have complex thoughts, desires, and self-awareness like humans. They just survival basics, and need to feel safe and trust those around them. They don't need heated dog beds and daily cuddle time.
>>
>>2266347
>oused and fed (once a day) and watered, but it's just so sad because he isn't very well trained and you can tell he's lonely and neglected . Dogs are social things and they aren't meant to spend their lives outside away from what's going on inside. The whole reason the beagle is outside is because my boyfriend's brother has asthma and allergies. And because my boyfriend's dad is just the type of old person that believes that dogs are outside creatures.
>outdoor dog
>>
>>2266372

Right. What's the problem? Never been outside the city? Most dogs are outdoor dogs in the US. If you think otherwise, you've never been to rural areas - aka, about 85% of the US landmass.

The only thing that is shady about everything she described is the dog being on a chain. But how shady that is depends on the length of the chain and sometimes that has to be done in lieu of a fence. Dogs have always been like this.

Again, it's only a recent thing that dogs have been allowed indoors. The 80's had a huge boom in movies with animals and that around the time when the indoor-dog-culture was born. For example, Comet from Full House (1987) was the first reoccuring indoor dog in a TV show.
>>
>>2265913
Walk it for them
>>
File: Alaska2010 248.jpg (155KB, 1024x680px) Image search: [Google]
Alaska2010 248.jpg
155KB, 1024x680px
It sounds like he has food and water and shelter, I'm not sure what else you'd want? He sounds to be living the life equivalent to the sort he'd have at the pound, though infinitely less stressful. The set up sounds exactly like how many working dogs are housed. I understand why you'd feel this is "cruel" if you come from an understanding that dogs should sit on the couch with you and sleep with you and be fed treats all day because they're so cute, but that's not the reality for most dogs- if they discovered his brother's medical reactions after getting the dog, their other option was to give it up (to another home or more likely a shelter since most people don't want to fuck with unsocialized shithounds).
>>
File: 29601479_8370182_G_62801_ver1.0.jpg (95KB, 712x960px) Image search: [Google]
29601479_8370182_G_62801_ver1.0.jpg
95KB, 712x960px
>>2267002
If you want and his owners are allowing, you can socialize with him and offer to walk him like someone else suggested. My grandpa keeps his dog in a similar way, and lets me take him out on walks, but I'm very inconsistently there and honestly, the dog gets really stressed on outings because he's not used to being on a leash or experiencing other parts of the town. Go play some fetch with him, pet his cute floppy ears, but he's not your dog.
>>
>>2265913
Take the dog while they're asleep and then later help them look for the dog to deflect suspicion.
>>
>>2266328
>they place a board
Oh, god! Not a board! Holy shit! A fucking BOARD?! who the fuck is supposed to move it?! Jesus Christ after he's risen on the 3rd day?!?!
In case you can't tell--I'm being sarcastic.
>>
>>2267022
Op here again. I'm surprised this thread is still going. You're right this does seem kinda weird. Buddy loves food, and all you'd need to do to steal him is offer him a treat and just unhook him from the leash and take him if no ones home. Lol

Anyway I understand what all of you are saying and I thought about it. Just all my life dogs have been indoor animals except for when they need to relieve themselves or exercise. My age is 24 but I grew up with parents who had indoor dogs,and our family dog was indoors.

To give an update, I asked my boyfriend if he'd be okay with just walking the dog together, to give him exercise. He's okay with it
>>
Why do women love finding problems where none exist and then demanding men do something about it?
>>
>>2267036
It's because it's just your point of view. You've begun to hate & criticize women because they do the same to you, due to how unlovable you are.

Also nowhere in the op post did it mention anyone but op do something to fix the "issue"
>>
>>2267086
Why do liberals take jokes so seriously and assume that everyone is being absolutely serious 100% of the time? Why do they love to project their inadequacies on others? How do they fail to see the irony in tarring everyone who has a different opinion than them with the same brush while simultaneously claiming to be against stereotyping?

All this and more, in next post of Faggot OP: The Samefaggening.
>>
>>2267034
Sounds good op! Have fun
>>
>>2267034"
Kill them all" here. Glad you found some way to make the dog much happier. For me, animals are family and I think they should be indoors also you keep them safer, good luck!
>>
>>2267106
holy shit triggered
>>
Update: While me & boyfriend were walking the dog, we noticed his pee was tinged red with blood and he was struggling to pee. If we had not taken him out for a walk, we wouldn't have noticed it. Or rather they'd notice it later rather than sooner. So my boyfriend's dad called the vet and picked up some medicine for it later that evening.

How do UTIs develop in animals? Because they also have a cat with a UTI.
>>
Bampu
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.