[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can I train my dog to wake me up in the morning?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: air bud.jpg (38KB, 500x308px) Image search: [Google]
air bud.jpg
38KB, 500x308px
Can I train my dog to wake me up in the morning?
>>
File: raw.gif (690KB, 232x410px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
690KB, 232x410px
Maybe. The 'dog alarm clock' depends on the dog. They aren't really trained to do it, they just know it's breakfast time so they bug you to wake up. The best thing you can do is feed your dog at exactly the same time every day.

But it just depends on the dog. My puppy is worthless in the alarm clock area. She's just as content to sleep in as I am. Doubly so if it's a chilly morning.
>>
>>2264581
>they just know it's breakfast time so they bug you to wake up

my dog knows it's bathroom time so he wakes us up around 7:30

unless we entice him to eat with treats/mix-ins, he won't eat his breakfast until around 3pm. he eats his dinner on time no problem though.

I know he's doing this because he probably prefers one meal a day, but he's at a higher risk of bloat (deep chest, breed prone to bloat, rigorous exerciser), so he needs to eat two spaced-out meals a day. he also vomits if he exercises on an empty stomach.

how do I get this faggot to eat his breakfast on time? if it were just a matter of him not being hungry I'd just feed him more at dinner and eliminate breakfast, but there's much less of a risk of bloat if he eats two meals.
>>
>>2264577
Only if you got a cock-er spaniel
>>
I usually end up waking up my dog, lazy asshole.
>>
My old dog would headbutt me awake. Really miss that smelly old fucker. :`)
>>
>>2264577
Yes, get it as a puppy when you have to take it out twice a night. Eventually you'll reach a schedule.
>>
Do dogs enjoy having a daily schedule?
>>
>>2265077

My dogs freak out if I miss any daily occurrence, down to the minute.
>>
>>2264586
Get excited about breakfast.

Also, and I hate to sound like those 'positive training only' fags, but never ever get frustrated about the dog not eating. Hand feed the dog a few kibbles like treats, point them to the food. When they eat a few kibbles on their own, do the whole 'Good dog!' thing to encourage them to keep going. Again, don't get frustrated. If you do, then get rude with them all "Eat your fucking food, dammit!' the dog will start thinking there's something about the food that makes you unhappy and may try to avoid the food all together. Other options are taking the dog for a walk before breakfast or getting those pouches of kibble topper. Maybe boil some chicken breast and shredding it and mixing a couple pieces in to the breakfast. There's lots of options but what ever you pick you have to remain consistent with.

Another way, though it might make you feel bad, is taking food away if they don't start eating when you put it down for them. Split your meals. If he's supposed to eat two cups of food a day, give one cup for breakfast and another for dinner, no exceptions. Put the food down, wait five or ten minutes. If the dog doesn't start eating, pick up the food and put it away until dinner. If you use this method it's important that breakfast and dinner are at the same time every day. If the dog skips a meal you can't give them extra for the meal they do eat otherwise this method does nothing.

That last method will almost guarantee that the dog will eat at the times you designate as long as you don't sneak food to the dog throughout the day. The downside of that might be that the dog starts eating way too fast. If that's the case, you might want to invest into a slow feeder dog bowl or put a tennis ball in the food bowl to slow them down.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.