[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

emergency cat training

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: bella.jpg (104KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
bella.jpg
104KB, 960x720px
this morning my mum told me that if my cat "attacks" someone again she will be put down
she's only four years old and very playful (meaning she will latch on and bite/scratch)
i have a baby brother who's been scratched before as a result of pulling her fur, but today she apparently attacked my mum whilst she was holding said brother and almost caused her to drop him into the fish pond

tl;dr/ my mum doesnt want to teach the baby to fucking stay away from her and she doesnt recognise cat body language apparently
please help me train her. any advice is more than welcome
please note: i cannot move out due to private issues and she refuses to take the cat to the RSPCA/cat shelter
>>
>>2264202
Why can't you take it to the shelter if your mom can't?
>>
>>2264202
Get a job and move out of your moms house faggot
>>
>>2264204
i have no car or job or anything
i am basically a baby myself
>>2264205
(˙ ͜つ˙ )╭∩╮
>>
>>2264206
You have to be 18 to post on this site OP.
>>
>>2264207

Mentally or physically?
>>
You mom sounds like a cunt.
>>
>>2264202
personally i have never had success training a cat to do anything more than respond to its name, which only works if it isnt busy doing something else. good luck bro
>>
>>2264202
Any animal needs time for training to become very reliable, and cats are no exception. Behavior training is even more difficult to pull off, as you're changing a habit. Basically you want to look into making playing with people seem like a bad thing, and give them a better alternative, like a few toys that YOU play with them with. The biggest attraction to play fighting people is the interaction with people, so make sure when you play with your cat you are actively playing, and not just toss a ball and forget. But change won't happen overnight so right now you should plan on how to keep the cat from play fighting, which at this point your best bet is keeping the animal quarantined I your room. That way your cat can't actively seek out other family members.

In the end though you need to be 18 to post here and it sucks to lose a pet but there's no shortage of cats and euthanasia is probably the best death you can hope for.
>>
i would stab a cat in the head if it bit me

don't blame your mom one bit

sort that asshole out
>>
>>2264202
Are you giving her enough attention? Once my cats are tuckered out after play they spend the rest of the day napping. Trim her nails or get those soft paw nail caps
>>
Hit it everytime it bites you. They learn pretty fast rhat way
>>
>>2264202
Your mom is right. Cats shouldn't be kept around babies. They're also untrainable, so the only responsible thing to do would be to get rid of the cat.
>>
>>2264389
>i would stab a cat in the head if it bit me
I literally would pay money to see a video of you trying. seriously
>>
>>2264404
>Hit it everytime it bites you.
that would be very bad advice for dogs. I cant imagine it would be any better for cats
>>
>>2264407
Totally agree. I'm on your mom's side, I'd be concerned for the baby too. And you know how cats hold grudges for incredibly long times, so that's why it attacked mom holding baby for no good reason
>>
you won't be able to teach a cat not to play with anyone ever 100% immediately, just try and have a good time with your cat for the next day or two while it's alive
>>
>>2264207

You too ;^)
>>
>>2264202
>very playful (meaning she will latch on and bite/scratch)
That sounds painful, is that normal cat play?
>>
If things get so ugly, google for no-kill shelters. There are even interactive sites where you type your country/state and a list of no-kill shelters appears.

Maybe you find some shelter that takes your cat at home if you explain your issues. Maybe you will have to ask some relative to take her. Maybe your mom take the cat herself if you convince her to visit that lake / amusement park / aunt's house / whatever some dozens of kilometers from home after making a stop to leave the cat at the shelter. The last will work better if your mom owes a visit to someone or some family party (birthday, marriage, etc.) is coming soon.
>>
>almost caused her to drop him into the fish pond
>cat
>outdoors
its not your pet retard
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.